[H] Forza 6 Players

there is a free play mode for you to stretch your P1's legs on until you unlock that volume in career

Okay so I generally like more arcade-y racers and dislike too technical / unforgiving ones. I liked Horizon2. Is it safe to say I should stay away from this?

Okay so I generally like more arcade-y racers and dislike too technical / unforgiving ones. I liked Horizon2. Is it safe to say I should stay away from this?
Probably, but try out the demo to be sure. There are a number of assist options to play around with.

Try the demo and adjust the assists. FH2 used the bones of FM5, so it ought to be doable. the bigger obstacle will be the circuit racing aspect I suspect. between brake and steering assist, and full racing line, it almost drives it self ;)

So played this a bit more. It is fantastic and cars feel amazing. However, I don't like being boxed into these crappy car options to start my career. I really liked freedom in Forza 5 to play whatever I want. Naturally I went hyper car since I had my p1 gift in the garage. Driving a Honda S2000 is not my idea of fun. I hope I can quickly rack up credits.

Can't buy VIP and car pass yet since they are part of bundle and game is supposed to release in 2 days here so pausing playing for now.

You can also download the 'Forza Hub' application on XBLive. Think it gives out credits once a month, maybe more (you need to run it for this to happen). It also hands out a pile of credits the first time you run it if you've played a lot of previous Forza games.

I've added a running GT list to the first post of the thread. If you want to be added or I missed the GT in a previous post let me know.

I've been playing since yesterday. I'm a Forza fan since the first installation and even enjoyed Forza 5 despite its shortcomings.

Forza 6 has improved in every way. I'd go far and say it's better than Forza 4. My gamertag is XenoGamerX. Feel free to add me.

I'm so stoked that GT350 is in the game. I've yet used it in the career but it basically sold me the VIP ticket. haha

Been playing since the early release for the ultimate edition and having a lot of fun. I don't mind the way progression is working in career mode and I like the showcase events. Although, I sorta wish they made the showcase events where you actually had to purchase the car required for the events. It would give much more incentive to collect different cars, and give me something to do with my massive fortune.

My only beef is how freely you win rewards this time around. One of the big deciding factors in getting VIP was the extra credits. In retrospect, that was really unnecessary. In Forza 5 I often found myself grinding for cash to buy some of the expensive race cars. That's the exact opposite here, mainly due to the fact that Turn 10 seemed to go overboard with the prize wheel. In Horizon 2, the rewards seemed pretty fair. Getting 5-10k was normal, and getting 50k or more (or a car worth as much) was a treat. Here, they just sort of drown you in cars and cash. I've already gotten the million credit hit two or three times, as well as receiving a ton of cars, many of which are worth 500k to a million. I've got nearly every hypercar in the game already, and I only purchased one of them. It kind of kills the excitement of the prize spin when I've already got enough cars and money that the result isn't really advantageous or special no matter how good it is.

Basically, in previous games my incentive to place well and earn XP was because I needed the cash to keep building my garage up. In this, my only incentive to win is that I don't get to progress if I'm not in the top 3. Credits are irrelevant.

I disagree on the credit thing. I buy a lot of cars and then I put a lot of parts on them, then race them in single series and start over with a new car. FM5 felt tight to me in comparison, as I had to pay for upgrades that were effectively free in FM4.

I disagree on the credit thing. I buy a lot of cars and then I put a lot of parts on them, then race them in single series and start over with a new car. FM5 felt tight to me in comparison, as I had to pay for upgrades that were effectively free in FM4.

If your going through that many cars with the goal of upgrading them all, I can see where the credits would be nice. In regular Forza games, I tend to stick to the career. In six, upgrading only exists to get cars you've won up to their max for theirs class. Buy a new car and it's auto-upgraded when you buy it. I doubt I'll do much in the way of single races or online play, so suping up cars is not something I'll be doing. I did that in Horizon, heaving upgrading nearly every car. But in Horizon, the opponents scaled so that when I was faster, so was everyone else. That worked fine. I understand that the same concept wouldn't jive with sixes career. But at the end of the day it just leaves me with a mountain of credits that I'm sure I'll end up using just to buy every expensive car just to say I did.

I picked up the Forza Edition One just a few days ago. Although I played the hell out of 2,3 and 4. I totally skipped 5 and Horizon 2 since I decided to go with the PS4 at launch. Gamertag is ChangWizzle for anyone that wants to add me.

The more I play, the more I am enjoying this game. There are definitely subtle improvements in the handling model and they are becoming apparent the more I am spending time with it.

However, is it just me or does turning off the steering assist make it impossible to drive with a controller. Holy crap. I never had this much issue with Forza 3, 4 and 5. With this game, the turning is completely retarded with assist off. Dafuq!

The more I play, the more I am enjoying this game. There are definitely subtle improvements in the handling model and they are becoming apparent the more I am spending time with it.

However, is it just me or does turning off the steering assist make it impossible to drive with a controller. Holy crap. I never had this much issue with Forza 3, 4 and 5. With this game, the turning is completely retarded with assist off. Dafuq!
Do you mean the difference between Normal and Simulation? I've had to use the former ever since Forza 5 on controller when I was a Sim user prior to that. In Forza 6 the sensitivity around the center of the joystick range definitely seems too high. Decreasing the inside deadzone from the default 24% to 5% can help alleviate that.

It actually did take me the entire weekend to get acclimated to the new physics and control, so give it some time. I'm at the point where I don't even remember what exactly my problem was when I started.

I picked up the Forza Edition One just a few days ago. Although I played the hell out of 2,3 and 4. I totally skipped 5 and Horizon 2 since I decided to go with the PS4 at launch. Gamertag is ChangWizzle for anyone that wants to add me.

Do youself a favor and go back and pick up Horizon 2. It's a fantastic game, and I think it'll be long enough before we see another one that there is plenty of time to get your monies worth.

If your going through that many cars with the goal of upgrading them all, I can see where the credits would be nice. In regular Forza games, I tend to stick to the career. In six, upgrading only exists to get cars you've won up to their max for theirs class. Buy a new car and it's auto-upgraded when you buy it. I doubt I'll do much in the way of single races or online play, so suping up cars is not something I'll be doing. I did that in Horizon, heaving upgrading nearly every car. But in Horizon, the opponents scaled so that when I was faster, so was everyone else. That worked fine. I understand that the same concept wouldn't jive with sixes career. But at the end of the day it just leaves me with a mountain of credits that I'm sure I'll end up using just to buy every expensive car just to say I did.

wait. you cant buy a stock car and them upgrade it as you please anymore?

You can. The store is on a large icon called "FIND A CAR" on the car tab in the main menu where you buy all cars in stock condition, and the upgrade shop exists as it always has. When starting a career race it gives you the option of buying a car from a list filtered down to the race restrictions along with cars available in your garage, and new purchases will automatically be upgraded to the class limit when doing it this way. If your garage car is under the performance tier you will get the options to race anyway, automatically upgrade, or manually upgrade just like Forza 5.

Sorry for the confusion. Armenius covered it. You can buy a car and upgrade it as you please. In career mode, if you purchase a car while setting up a race series, it will auto upgrade it to the most efficient configuration for its class. You can still go back to find a car, buy what you please, and upgrade just as any other forza game.

I've been playing since yesterday. I'm a Forza fan since the first installation and even enjoyed Forza 5 despite its shortcomings.

Forza 6 has improved in every way. I'd go far and say it's better than Forza 4. My gamertag is XenoGamerX. Feel free to add me.

I'm so stoked that GT350 is in the game. I've yet used it in the career but it basically sold me the VIP ticket. haha

Damn, you really have me looking forward to play this bad boy. Only problem is I'm trying to get my Tier level to 7. 1500 more points to go, gonna be playing a lot of Forza 4, 5 and Horizon 2. :(

I already have a download code I bought from someone who got the forza 1tb console and wanted the ultimate edition.

Do you mean the difference between Normal and Simulation? I've had to use the former ever since Forza 5 on controller when I was a Sim user prior to that. In Forza 6 the sensitivity around the center of the joystick range definitely seems too high. Decreasing the inside deadzone from the default 24% to 5% can help alleviate that.

It actually did take me the entire weekend to get acclimated to the new physics and control, so give it some time. I'm at the point where I don't even remember what exactly my problem was when I started.

I am seriously contemplating going back to normal, its both twitchy and spongy at the same time on simulation with a controller. I also need to play with the trigger dead zones, as what I think is a lot of movement registers as only slight in game. makes it difficult to control wheel spin and brake lock up.

Do youself a favor and go back and pick up Horizon 2. It's a fantastic game, and I think it'll be long enough before we see another one that there is plenty of time to get your monies worth.

Oh ya? The first Horizon was just alright. It didn't see anywhere near the playtime that the other games in the series did. I think it was all the dude-bro Dirt 2 like layout that turned me off.

That said, I'll add it to my list. The One is probably going to be just for exclusives anyways.

Oh ya? The first Horizon was just alright. It didn't see anywhere near the playtime that the other games in the series did. I think it was all the dude-bro Dirt 2 like layout that turned me off.

That said, I'll add it to my list. The One is probably going to be just for exclusives anyways.

There is still plenty of that here, and thats my biggest (really, only) complaint about the game, is that it tries to hard to be your friend or something. But it looks great and the racing is wicked fun. I've logged twice as many hours in Horizon 2 than Forza 5, despite having it half as long, and I don't intend to shelve it now that Forza 6 is out.

Like you, my Xbox is only for exclusives. It's basically a Forza and Halo machine.

So is this game worth it? I enjoyed forza horizon 2 immensely btw.

So is this game worth it? I enjoyed forza horizon 2 immensely btw.

I made a sarcastic response to this last night, then didn't post it because it came across as too dick-ish and then forgot that I had not posted it. :p

the not dick response: yes it is worth it. ;) even the ultimate edition.

the dick response: read the fucking thread, there is literally two pages of praise from long time FM players all thinking this is the best iteration yet, then your ass comes in and asks if its any good :rolleyes:

I made a sarcastic response to this last night, then didn't post it because it came across as too dick-ish and then forgot that I had not posted it. :p

the not dick response: yes it is worth it. ;) even the ultimate edition.

the dick response: read the fucking thread, there is literally two pages of praise from long time FM players all thinking this is the best iteration yet, then your ass comes in and asks if its any good :rolleyes:

Lol, only bothered to read a couple of posts before posting that.

Anyways I went ahead and bought it last night from the xbl store. Gameplay is great so far, definitely worth it.

I might be in the minority but I play mostly FPS and haven't played a whole lot of racing games. I decided to five Forza 6 a shot I'm really enjoying the game. It's very addicting and I have a really hard time putting the controller down. Feel free to add me:

GT: DreamTheater36

Last edited:
I just ran through and added everyone on the list. Even if we never meet up, racing your drivatar and comparing times would be nice

GT: One floppy

You guys can add me if you want. I agree that this game is very addicting.

Sorry for the confusion. Armenius covered it. You can buy a car and upgrade it as you please. In career mode, if you purchase a car while setting up a race series, it will auto upgrade it to the most efficient configuration for its class. You can still go back to find a car, buy what you please, and upgrade just as any other forza game.

It did that in 5 as well, PITA. At least with the way Forza Rewards are for the newer games, you get a ridiculous amount of credits each month.

It looks like I developed a ganglion in my throttle finger knuckle from playing this game too much, so taking a brake :cool:.

It looks like I developed a ganglion in my throttle finger knuckle from playing this game too much, so taking a brake :cool:.

I normally have this issue as well but it hasn't surfaced yet in Forza 6. However I did get the achievement for more than 10 hours in livery editor, so my actual race time may be suffering.

Out of curiosity, is there any career races that are simply A class, B class, RWD, European, etc, etc?

Out of curiosity, is there any career races that are simply A class, B class, RWD, European, etc, etc?
All the career races are based on car types with a class restriction, such as Global Touring Car at S800.

Jab31169

Love the game, waiting to really get into it hardcore until the Logitech G920 release.

All the career races are based on car types with a class restriction, such as Global Touring Car at S800.

There are quite a few in-between ratings for some of the career events 550, 680, 665...etc. They aren't explicitly listed, but you can always open the 'buy car' menu for the race and scan through and get a pretty good idea what the maximum class is.

I think they've done a decent job making sensible groupings for the race events.

Updated player GT's to this point.

ThatsAgood1jay your drivatar is straight murder in the +10% credits difficulty, but not that bad in the +25% credits mode. Strange.

I've noticed the same with yours. Its times are consistently 3-4 seconds off your actual times, and will run 3rd or 4th on the skilled setting, but 10th or 11th on the next one up. Overall its a good one to run with. Once I am out of the hospital, I need to add the other GTs. The quality of opponents seemed to decrease with the full launch.

My GT is ArmeniusLOD for those who haven't added me yet, if interested. I have a lot of adds from when Horizon 2 came out.

Anyone here good with suspension setups? I can get in the general ballpark, but have way too much suspension movement. Any ideas

So I went back and picked up Horizon 2. I'm enjoying it a lot more than I expected. Much better than the first Horizon.

Back