[H] Enthusiast Power Supply Reviewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
I have been looking for a PSU reviewer for over a year now with very little luck. If you have the know-how to do a GOOD SOLID PSU review, I would like to hear from you. Submitting a review of a product you already have will be a must.

Mail me at [email protected] if you are interested.

I suggest JonnyGuru, if you're looking for someone who knows what they're doing, has all the test equipment, and whose test methodology is among the best today. www.jonnyguru.com is where he's at

Good luck on your hunt.

yup, no questions about it jonnyguru is the best out there.

I also say jonnyguru, I respect his PSU reviews more than anybody. He infact is the only reviewer of PSUs that I TRUST. PERIOD.

PedroDaGr8 said:
I also say jonnyguru, I respect his PSU reviews more than anybody. He infact is the only reviewer of PSUs that I TRUST. PERIOD.

Thats a little extreme, even jonny himself trusts a good amount of other reviews, I remember reading that somewhere :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

+1 for jonny :)

Spectre and Oklahoma Wolf also have a lot of great knowledge and contribute a lot to this forum.

Spectre or Guru.....
I trust what those two gentlemen write is the truth. :D

dBTelos said:
Thats a little extreme, even jonny himself trusts a good amount of other reviews, I remember reading that somewhere :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Maybe so, but I have neever seen anyone go to near the depths of testing that he does. Maybe I lack exposure since I no longer have time to read about stuff like this as much as I used to, now that I am back to researching nerve gas deactivation. (oops need to chjange my sig) anyways he still gets my vote though I wonder if Kyle already asked him and he said no?

Another vote for jonny here, he really helped me out when I couldn't find a good psu, and his reviews are some of the best I've seen.

dBTelos said:
Spectre and Oklahoma Wolf do reviews?

I've been offered the chance to do it a couple times, but don't really have that much free time. Or equipment. Or money ;)

Oklahoma Wolf said:
I've been offered the chance to do it a couple times, but don't really have that much free time. Or equipment. Or money ;)

That might stop you from doing reviews :p

I believe no one does more in-depth power supply reviews than JonnyGuru. He has the equipment and isn't afraid to use it! I like the empirical data he supplies, and the fact that he's willing to change his oppinion in the face of evidence.

Most reviews one sees go like this: "I put this PS in my Uber-system, and it didn't crash, so Ima giving it a 10!"

_ReeL

Another vote for JG here.

If he doesn't recommend it, I don't even bother considering it to put into my system. The sheer amount of work he invests into his reviews just goes far beyond what all the others do. As Sir-ReeL pointed out, the majority of reviewers for PSU units do that, or they basically just measure voltages at various loads and call it a day. Jonny reviews a PSU inside and out, and as it's often pointed out, you need to take your power supply seriously. I can't think of anyone who takes PSU's more seriously than he does. Plenty of equals, but I've yet to see someone top him in just how thorough he is.

Yeah, equipment makes a good PSU reviewer. Few actually have the equipment necessary to fully stress and accurately measure a power supplies performance, which is why Jonny's reviews are heads above the rest.

I would rather see no PSU reviews on the [H] than see lame reviews where you put it in a system and either use software or a cheap multimeter to measure voltages. Now the trend is to put a few pages about the PSU, admit you have no way to test it fully, and then give it the editor's choice award.

Now, if the [H] either supplies a reviewer with equipment or finds somebody that has it, I would love to see some [H] PSU reviews.

JohnnyG was offered it but did not want the work. Thanks for the suggestions. Seeing that no one has actually contacted me about this, I will consider it closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back