[H] Dremel Box Mod

Techx

Supreme [H]ardness
So I was having a few beers last night, was pretty bored and was dremeling some plexi to finish my wifes case and I looked at my dremel box and thought it looked really boring:

IMG_5287.JPG

So I started taking it apart:

IMG_5290.JPG

and masked off the 2 plexiglass windows:

IMG_5291.JPG

then painted the insides with a nice metallic anodized-red, damn that looks good :D

IMG_5298.JPG

A few coats of speckled black metallic on the outside, gloss black on the inside, and krylon red on the inside compartment door and handle and now we finally have a [H] dremel case. :p

IMG_5328.JPG

IMG_5329.JPG

IMG_5330.JPG

Now by the time I got to do the [H] logo I rushed it a bit since it was getting late and pulled the stencil off too quick which fooked the red paint a bit but I don't care really this was all done for fun. :)

IMG_5332.JPG

IMG_5333.JPG

nice work! I am not digging the red handle though....I think it draws attention away from the plexi ...I think black would make it a little nicer over all :)

Anime_Fan said:
nice work! I am not digging the red handle though....I think it draws attention away from the plexi ...I think black would make it a little nicer over all :)

Yeah I agree somewhat, I was all about experimenting last night so I wasn't sure how things were going to look, removing that handle was actually the hardest thing about the mod, but I can still try to repaint it next week, a gloss black would look better :D

With the type of plastic used for the Dremel cases, don't you have a problem with the paint cracking or flaking off? I've yet to get any paint (including fusion and vinyl dye) to work on that type of plastic.

Very nicely done. I think you should have painted Golden [H]'s in eather end.

KM

Back