[H] Donation: 80's VCR Player = Stealth Computer

SEALTeamSix

2[H]4U
Hi guys,

I want to offer an old JVC VHS player as a donation to any modder willing to do something with it. It's old, it's bulky, and screaming to be made into a stealth computer. Anyway, if you want it, I'll be glad to send it to you for just the cost of the shipping. I could gut the internals if you wanted me to so the shipping would be lower, or I could leave them intact. Either way, if you're interested, let me know.

-SEAL

Post a picture please. I want to see how old this thing is before I agree to anything. It's not one of those cooly-ass top loading ones is it? That would make and excellent mount for a CD-ROM or something. Post a picture and more details already. :D

How much would it cost for you to ship the motors to me? I just want the larger motors with the smooth bearings, and attached circuitry.

Yes please some pictures... A top loading old style player would be a nice project... I wouldnt mind taking a stab at it... Someone has got to have one of those in a junk pile at some local Garage Sale... Hmmmm....

You got some pics of it? I've got some DVD cases but those are little to thin so maybe a VCR would work. If it's tall enough for low profile cards I'd be more then happy to take it off your hands. :D

Pics on the way guys... sorry for not getting back sooner - just didn't have the camera to take the pictures.

-SEAL

Just an update... still no camera to take pictures with. Sorry guys - but at least I haven't forgotten.

-SEAL

I'm doing a similar mod right now with an old CD player. Question: is the bottom (floor) of the VCR flat, or is it contoured to make good anchor points for the enclosed electronics?

Back