[H] BF2 Weekend 6-3/6-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno. At one point, maybe 10 or so displaying [H] tags, with the rest being general noobs (H squads were the only ones doing anything, but some damn good players joined us to pwn).

Rich Tate said:
We believe that the VOIP is what is causing the ping issues and are working on getting it straightened out.

While you guys were playing, BM and I were hoping in and out of the static server testing.

We're going to get things working smoothly guys, but it may take a bit of time considering we only get to test these things once a week. :)

You guys do know that you can install the VOIP on a another server to lessen the load, right?

[H] weekends spoiled me. I can't take playing on retard filled servers. Hopped onto Insomnia's 24/7 Wake server...no less than 9 people shooting the shit out of each other for one J-10. There were people with fucking -20, no joke.

I am sorry I missed this. Glad to see someone show the BFG servers love. I hope more ppl play on them more often.

ITOAO said:
I am sorry I missed this. Glad to see someone show the BFG servers love. I hope more ppl play on them more often.
It goes something like this: First, we're sitting around waiting for 3-4 more people. Then the game gets going, more people show up until its ~20v20 maybe. That's the sweet spot, games that don't end in like 8 minutes, no/not many noobs, etc. Then the server fills up though, and shit goes downhill.

Farseer said:
You guys do know that you can install the VOIP on a another server to lessen the load, right?

That's one of several changes we were working on which are now in place. Feedback FTW! :D

Additionally, we've got an AF server up at 70.86.86.253.

movax said:
[H] weekends spoiled me. I can't take playing on retard filled servers. Hopped onto Insomnia's 24/7 Wake server...no less than 9 people shooting the shit out of each other for one J-10. There were people with fucking -20, no joke.

If you go below -12 score you get booted from the BFG servers. Also, several TK's get you booted and couple more after that (assuming you come back) results in a ban.

WhyYouLoveMe said:
Dude! I'm there! (if anyone else is... :( )
The stories of mad TK'ing for the new vehicles scare me away from paying $10 for AF. I think I'll go buy SF today though. :)

movax said:
The stories of mad TK'ing for the new vehicles scare me away from paying $10 for AF. I think I'll go buy SF today though. :)

Umm... if that's the only thing scaring you away I'm bummed. :(

That happens in vanilla, SF, EF and AF. Besides in a couple days no one's going to care anymore and the "mad TK'ing" will subside dramatically.

I LOVE SF.

Most of the players are a lot more mature and its a more thought out style of gameplay.

However, TKing does happen in every version, and I'll be picking up AF.

So apparently I can't download AF because EA Downloader won't run on Win2K3. What a load of shit. I hate EA.

movax said:
So apparently I can't download AF because EA Downloader won't run on Win2K3. What a load of shit. I hate EA.

You can still buy the game on EA's website and just download the files off torrent or something.

The way the Xpacks work is they're tied to your account name to prevent theft.

Snotrocket said:
You can still buy the game on EA's website and just download the files off torrent or something.

The way the Xpacks work is they're tied to your account name to prevent theft.
I've been trying to do that...I managed to get the EA Downloader .exe, but I can't make an EA store account/purchase it without clicking on that "buy now" which says "ZOMG, you are not XP lololol no AF for u!". :(

So are all the BF2 servers in the world running either XP or Win2k server? It seems strange it wouldn't run at all on 2k3 server... :confused:

Dunno. But I did go buy SF about 30 mins ago...and my DVD drive only reads the 2nd disc. Ripping it on laptop now, guess I'll just mini-image the sucka or something. It's "EA hates on movax" Day I guess. :(

WhyYouLoveMe said:
So are all the BF2 servers in the world running either XP or Win2k server? It seems strange it wouldn't run at all on 2k3 server... :confused:

Aren't there some Linux servers? Because every single server pack/patch I see for BF2 has the Windows server files and the Linux ones. I don't know how many actually run the Linux based servers for BF2 though.

Abyss of Borg said:
Aren't there some Linux servers? Because every single server pack/patch I see for BF2 has the Windows server files and the Linux ones. I don't know how many actually run the Linux based servers for BF2 though.

LOL - Yeah I forgot our penguined server friends. :) Those are the servers that don't crash. hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back