[H] BF2 Weekend 5-20/5-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
10-4.

I have a vent server we can use if you want. Same goes for anyone that wants to squad up with us.

I'm very new to BF2, I tried to join but it said " you have a older version then server " , what does that mean, besides the obvious? I tried "updating" but its a brand new game and the patches said I had to have a certain version

Head to EA's site and grab the latest BF2 patch (if you're updating from a brand new install, its ~400mb in size, IIRC), and that'll get you up to the latest version.

I sure hope the team balancing will be on some day. :rolleyes: It's hard to even stand a chance when it's 6 vs. 18. People even tried to mutiny against me, but no one would fix the UAV so there wasn't much I could do aside from point out enemies on the map and drop supplies. Schmucks.

Played three rounds where the gameplay was extremely unbalanced, not much fun at all....

Tim <-- TL1170

You want 1.22 Patch my friend. Update your BF2 until it says '1.1.2716-552.0' in the bottom left hand corner. That translates into version 1.22...EA kinda screwed up on the version numbering and display.

HTH, dont forget to add the [H] Prefix to your name when you log in and use the servers to play with us. Are you going to play this weekend?

Ahh you are TL lol. Its hard finding who is who. Was your VOIP working? Mine wasnt, or atleast no one was answering...

Snotrocket said:
You have to get the VOIP working. I was in your squad for awhile and kept yelling at you but got nothing in reply.

*edit*

Yeah I tk'd several people that round. I was thinking of the time there were two apc's trying to cap a white flag up on the beach and I let loose all hell's fury with the SU only to see a couple X's. :eek:

There is a known issue with having multiple VOIP enabled BF2 server instances on the same box. I should have a stop gap fix in by tomorrow (or uh today) while I work on a long term solution.

NotSoSimple said:
Ahh you are TL lol. Its hard finding who is who. Was your VOIP working? Mine wasnt, or atleast no one was answering...

I don't run VOIP since I can never get my mic to work in the game. Tried to run the setup for it, but it just isn't happening. I never heard any voices either, so I guess it isn't working on the server end.

Had some lag at times too, but I wasn't sure if it was my internet connection. It's been a bit iffy lately (Charter 5Mbps/768).

Tim

Heh yeah I have the same charter connection!

Yeah its a shame the VOIP dosnt work too well. EA just didnt prioritize it I guess!

MasterOfNone said:
I sure hope the team balancing will be on some day. :rolleyes: It's hard to even stand a chance when it's 6 vs. 18. People even tried to mutiny against me, but no one would fix the UAV so there wasn't much I could do aside from point out enemies on the map and drop supplies. Schmucks.

Played three rounds where the gameplay was extremely unbalanced, not much fun at all....

Tim <-- TL1170
Agreed. We need to have autobalance on. Everybody seems to shift to the winning side... :eek:

I think stats slowed down or something...mine haven't updated at all. I picked up three ribbons and a few medals, and I think by now a promotion as well...grrr.

Man I guess charter is the same a lot of places, around here your options are charter, AT&T, or clearwire. Never heard anyone sending charter their $54 a month have anything nice to say about them, i just reupped with AT&T with 6 down 700 something up for $30 a month, works for me.

ComputerBox34 said:
Were you the Seargent Major? I think I was playing with you as {uZa}Commando
Dude, we played together in a squad on Gulf of Oman and then on Karkand and then I had to go :( lol... But it was fun as hell, I just wish I had more time to play.. damn sudden last minute things grrrr...

Anyway I see this was a success and hopefully will get together again...

oh and btw I was playing as [H] [DRS]TheCr0w.
http://www.bf2s.com/player/45992441/

bazylik said:
Dude, we played together in a squad on Gulf of Oman and then on Karkand and then I had to go :( lol... But it was fun as hell, I just wish I had more time to play.. damn sudden last minute things grrrr...

Anyway I see this was a success and hopefully will get together again...

oh and btw I was playing as [H] [DRS]TheCr0w.
http://www.bf2s.com/player/45992441/

Yea, that was fun, nothing beats being on a kick ass squad. Hope we do it again next weekend.

No joke! THey seem to be empty most of the time :(

So who wants to nail a time for this week/next weekend Squad Action?

We should start Friday night maybe, dunno. The BFG servers seem to run near empty all the time. Joined on Sunday, and I was the only one there. :(

movax said:
We should start Friday night maybe, dunno. The BFG servers seem to run near empty all the time. Joined on Sunday, and I was the only one there. :(

it was full on saturday...all day long.We ppl from H playing and others. I don't know why it was not sunday...

just the nature of the beast..as far as a empty server...

as far as playing with you guys..I had a Nice squad..it was fun..hope to see you all next time...

Autobalance will be on next time...

also..to you young and coming Commanders...Please note..that when you cant get someone to repair something of yours..like a UAV..just drop the Crate of Supplies on it or next to it..It will repair itself.

Brucelee said:
it was full on saturday...all day long.We ppl from H playing and others. I don't know why it was not sunday...

After playing for a couple of hours, I looked at the BFGGaming webpage at about 1am Sunday morning and it showed 1/64 on the rotating server. I went elsewhere and played till 4am.

Does the webpage really reflect the # of people on the server?

busta_cap said:
After playing for a couple of hours, I looked at the BFGGaming webpage at about 1am Sunday morning and it showed 1/64 on the rotating server. I went elsewhere and played till 4am.

Does the webpage really reflect the # of people on the server?

yes it should. I actually played sunday when thier was 6 players later on. I think 1 from H and me. Still not enough to start a game thought.

Col_Hogan said:
also..to you young and coming Commanders...Please note..that when you cant get someone to repair something of yours..like a UAV..just drop the Crate of Supplies on it or next to it..It will repair itself.

I had no idea that was the case. :confused: I've only got 18.5 hours as commander, and usually do pretty well unless the team is a bunch of asshats and don't try to do anything but capture the first control point and never go anywhere else, even with orders to go to another point.

I actually got kicked from a server while being a commander a few months ago. One of the players was one of the many admins on the server, and he didn't like that I wouldn't follow HIS every request, even though we were kicking the other team's ass pretty bad (like 210 to 30 bad) and everyone was getting their UAV and supply drops. Some people are babies and really shouldn't be admins, but I guess that's what comes with them paying for the server rental. They're still idiots though, and it still pisses me off thinking about it....I need to relax a little more. Time to watch the end of the Spurs/Mavs game, then the Clippers/Suns.

Tim

I got one question as a nooby 16 minutes commander... How do I point the artillary at a certain area? When I am commander, I can only launch artillary at the area I am located....

aZn_plyR said:
I got one question as a nooby 16 minutes commander... How do I point the artillary at a certain area? When I am commander, I can only launch artillary at the area I am located....
Caps Lock opens up the commander screen, from there you can deploy arty and supplies, among other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back