[H] BF2 clan now taking members

thanks marlin, as the site gets more features we will slowly switch from the yahoo group to your site.

Added also. What we gonna do for a server? Rent one? Use a temp one? A special EA one?

a forum is a good start. Next it woul be nice to have some sort of organizational chard. If you go to the group there is a database option where you can add custom charts. Thats what I use right nw to organize, everyone enters their SN, email, and other info and you can organize it by different catogories. And you can make multiple databases and charts too. Something like that would be cool cause after we get all the members we can get additional databases to split into groups, class, and other catogories. Is it possible to have a chat room? a simple front page for messegees would be cool too. You can take it slow, theres no rush.

Edit: and the server, we are all probobly gonna pitch in some money just like we said in the other thread, and get a ranked server.

can i join? :D even tho i dont have a system that is capable of running this game yet. but i'm buying a 9800pro for the meantime while my new system is complete :D

yea go ahead, when r u gonna be able to run the game?

for forum catagories have
strategies
off-topic
practice times
some sort of server discussion (in order to find good hosting for the server)
Join request (after open signups close)
general BF2 discusion

We wont be able to get a ranked server, not unless we want to pay for AT LEAST 10 of them.

Nope, EA are really being dicks about the whole Ranked server situation. The require you to lease at least 10, and they cannot be passworded :( .

no... I think it refers to the companies who lease the servers. so a company has 10 ranked servers and we rent one.

I'm definitely in,

No need to jump to get a ranked server of our own just yet.. We can organize and play at a select EA server or two. When we get enough members and interest.. we can then move onto securing our own server. As for BF2 related goodness.. we can use the infobar that one BF2 site has that tracks player's stats and ranks. Maybe organize it on a page so we can keep track of our clanmates. Just throwing out an idea or two.

But good start so far.. I can almost taste the teamwork.

yea, ranked server bout a month away, and I found another clan ( www.killtek.com) that might be intrested in joint clan server. Which would be awsome for organized practice with em, no practicing against unorganized noobs.

can someone send a PM to all the guys that said they would be in in the other thread.

haha i kept looking @ the name and i was like, erm, i think thats missing something... no biggy though

Eh, it is interesting... Dunno...

I'm still with the orginal [H]ardMilitary Clan that was for BF42 and now most of us do play BF2. We are planning on renting a 32-slot Ranked Server very shortly.

Hell if anyone is interested in just pubbing with us you'll find us in IRC. GameSurge server, #hardmilitary channel. ;)

As ZorPrime said above, check out irc://irc.gamesurge.net/hardmilitary for more info about the old [H]ard|Military Clan. I just put in to rent a 32 man ranked server tonight, we should have it sometime this weekend. So, if you're interested, go to our IRC channel (our website is down at the moment, working on getting that back up).

I am definitely interested. I am sick of playing on servers where nobody works on a team/squad, or trying to find a good server to play on.

Only thing is, what are the rules?

Such as, will it be a competitive clan, or will we be a clan that if you want to join competitions as a group you can, but not required too?
I like playing and am pretty good, I just never get into the whole competition between clans.

Also, will there be age/skill requirements? I dont mind the age requirement much, but I really dont like it when a clan soley bases membership on skill.

Zero

Well..... at first it's not gonna be super competative, I found a couple clans to have friendly scirms with and we'll practice a couple times a week. We are hopin to get a private server, but everyone is gonna have to pitch in for that. No age or other requierments at the moment.

im in once i get the game. but until i do get the game im not gonna sign up for that yahoo group thing....

right now i only have the demo

I think you guys should recruit me, I'm ranked 190,XXX . :rolleyes:

[offtopic]

So the ranking system here is basically based on how often you play? Not how good you are?

Example (the way I see it)
Player X averages 50 points a game, but has only played 10 times, total points 500.
Player Y averages 10 points a game, but has played 100 times, total points 1000.

So on the leader board Y would be ranked higer right?
[/offtopic]

Anyway, I am a team player. I do all that "Black Hawk Down" duck behind the corner wait for fire and return it. I like being a medic because I hate waiting for one. My other favorite is Spec Ops because taking out the Artillery in a heated battle is probably the best thing you can do for your team.

But I cant fly shit, and knowing that I never try.

right now it's open sign ups so go ahead and join.

Edit: Also, where are all the people who said they would join up in the previous thread?

Im an excellent helicopter and jet fighter pilot so that is my primary role. From defending, to attacking to dropping troops off to laying a barrage of hell of missle fire, I do it all in the air.

If not, I work best as a support position, blowing shit up and supporting srategic targets on the ground and or flags.

ninethreeeleven said:
Anyway, I am a team player. I do all that "Black Hawk Down" duck behind the corner wait for fire and return it. I like being a medic because I hate waiting for one. My other favorite is Spec Ops because taking out the Artillery in a heated battle is probably the best thing you can do for your team.

But I cant fly shit, and knowing that I never try.

You are much like me. I prefer teams/squads so much then going solo, unless I am sniping.

Also as a heads up, I am pretty good at just about every class, except I cant fly the planes or fly the Apache. I am getting pretty good at the Blackhawk (and the enemy equivalent personnel chopper) though.

Zero

haha lu, im gonna stick around setup my [H] nickname and well got some metals

Back