[H] Battlefield 2 Weekend 7/8-7/9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be back later on tonight about 6pm pacific time (9 eastern). We had a good time today playing on Sharqi. Except l1ight kept frickin' shooting at me.... dang it! ;)

We need a few more ppl... I'll invie a few pl later on tongiht...

It was cool playing with you guys...

There was aslo an english chap... he was cool too.

I am ready to play right now if anyone else wants to join. If you have google chat IM me. My handle is my ID.... Hop to see yall on tonight. :)

Stupid time difference. Y's're all on now and it's 3:30 a.m. here and I can't play.

Actually, balls to that.

just finished playing a couple under the tag Daroy99, thanks to that guy who helped me learn some stuff

Had fun tonight. We got some good squad action in. No Mashtuur though. :( because of the 2 second games that happened earlier. Sharqi and Oman were fun though. Karkand was ok. The first round we lost. The second round the server crashed thanks to 1.3. I was just about to blow up a full humvee and get 5 kills when it did. :(

abyss, it was cool playing with you. ill add you do my bf2s if you gimme your nick, and mashtuur is on right now, but only 9

Just finished a rund of Mash... was fun... we need more peeps thpugh.
Thanks guys!!!

things were going great until the server shit the bed..

I did have a good time tongiht guys. See you all next weekend.

daroy99 said:
abyss, it was cool playing with you. ill add you do my bf2s if you gimme your nick, and mashtuur is on right now, but only 9

My ingame name is Abyss_of_Borg. Just got done playing Mastuur. Would have been a lot more fun with more people since we didn't have enough people to defend it was just racing around take a flag, go take another flag, retake the original flag. Plus I was on the losing team so people go frustrated and bored and left before it was over.

Good times!!! :) I had a good time tonight. We had a really good game going, then the server crashed. That seems to be the topic of the thread. I will be on tomorrow night I don't know for how long. I have to get some work done. :( Any who had a really good time tonight. Hop to see yall tomorrow. I think from now on we should start this on Friday night, I know for most it is difficult to play on Sunday as some of you have to work. That is one of the joys of being self employed. :)

my badge and medal havent shown up, let alone the points. is it the server, is EA just lagging, or are they gone?

They'll show up, sometimes it takes DAYS for your stats to catch up, good ol' EA eh? ;)

I was gonna ask the same question since I haven't seen points yet either. Thanks for the answer.

Played a little this weekend. Good times, had a couple could helo runs, until whyyouloveme got trigger happy in the humvees... :p

Edit: Why did I type could instead of good? :confused:

L1ght said:
Played a little this weekend. Good times, had a couple could helo runs, until whyyouloveme got trigger happy in the humvees... :p

You started it! :p Shootin' at me 'n' stuff...

Whyyouloveme and I always seemed to be running into each other.

I checked your stats, 1300 hours playing bf2 :eek:

EDIT

Hey rich, one of the bfg admins came on and was threatening one of the players with a kick, he was on the carrier in oman wreaking havok. The admin then recinded that saying he was allowed to be there if he was special forces.

I like ranked servers because there are no rules. If a team gets spanked, then they get spanked. If silly rules are posted (IE camping flags or no players in the other teams backfield), I usually make a point of doing what they point out not to do. Then if threatened with a kick threaten back with a formal complaint to EA in order to start a process of repealing their ranked server status.

I pretty much kept my yapper shut on this, since we are the guests.

Is the geeksquad part of the server name something that is absolutely unchangable? Or is this permanant advertisment for the six people who had geeksquad install their BFG graphics cards?

lol - I think you looked at the wrong stat or something. I've got 688 hours logged not 1300. Thought I'd like to think I play like I have that many hours... hehe It was most excellent to play with you and yes we DID find each other a lot on Saturday. ;)

I was on the vanilla sever on Saturday night. The first match I played was (I think) Mashtuur City, and we had about 10-12 people on. It got sort of tedious though, as was mentioned above; all we did was cap a flag, move on to the next, re-cap the previous flag, etc.

When the server changed to the Gulf, everybody left except me and 3 others, so we just spent time getting practice in the helos.

Which brings me to another point: I didn't know you can blow up strategic objects (satellite, trailer, arty) with a few TV missiles!

Kevlarman said:
I was on the vanilla sever on Saturday night. The first match I played was (I think) Mashtuur City, and we had about 10-12 people on. It got sort of tedious though, as was mentioned above; all we did was cap a flag, move on to the next, re-cap the previous flag, etc.

When the server changed to the Gulf, everybody left except me and 3 others, so we just spent time getting practice in the helos.

Which brings me to another point: I didn't know you can blow up strategic objects (satellite, trailer, arty) with a few TV missiles!

Any large projectile weapon will eventually blow up the assets. It'll just take forever - lol How many TVs did it take to blow one up?

WhyYouLoveMe said:
Any large projectile weapon will eventually blow up the assets. It'll just take forever - lol How many TVs did it take to blow one up?

Only two (or was it three), which is what surprised me!

We hovered in front of a trailer and unloaded all our rockets at it, and it came out without a scratch. Same can be said for a grunt with the anti armor kit, or a tank.

Kevlarman said:
Only two (or was it three), which is what surprised me!

We hovered in front of a trailer and unloaded all our rockets at it, and it came out without a scratch. Same can be said for a grunt with the anti armor kit, or a tank.

I think it takes close to 40 shots to blow up assets with a tank. I'll have to dig around and see why I have that number in my head... lol

To answer some questions posted:

BM and I had a VERY LONG discussion the other night, until about 3:30am, and are planning MANY changes.

Right now I can't go into them because we're still ironing out the details, but we will have some concrete information for you guys a bit down the road.

This is a big process for us to coordinate and we do our best to keep things running the best we can and are always looking forward.

Glad you guys had fun as always :)

M1ster_R0gers said:
Whyyouloveme and I always seemed to be running into each other.

I checked your stats, 1300 hours playing bf2 :eek:

EDIT

Hey rich, one of the bfg admins came on and was threatening one of the players with a kick, he was on the carrier in oman wreaking havok. The admin then recinded that saying he was allowed to be there if he was special forces.

I like ranked servers because there are no rules. If a team gets spanked, then they get spanked. If silly rules are posted (IE camping flags or no players in the other teams backfield), I usually make a point of doing what they point out not to do. Then if threatened with a kick threaten back with a formal complaint to EA in order to start a process of repealing their ranked server status.

I pretty much kept my yapper shut on this, since we are the guests.

Is the geeksquad part of the server name something that is absolutely unchangable? Or is this permanant advertisment for the six people who had geeksquad install their BFG graphics cards?

Heh, the BFG lot are fun - I was in vent and some mexican-sounding fella started calling me gringo and to "fuk of". Funny stuff, though I did agree with the admin on threatening to kick the person dicking about on the carrier, there was a fair bit of uncappable rape going on on Oman, but that's nothing out of the ordinary :D

Abyss of Borg said:
What about the EA rules of engagement? Those are the rules for ranked servers.

I went through them, I think the private server rules about setting things along the lines of "no prolonged artillery or camping uncappable flags" is complete bullshit. If they were so opposed to these things they need to enforce it by simply making it not doable. If I feel like filling a buggy up with C4 and heading off to their spawn and the EA team does not like it, incorporate it into a patch.

Besides we play on a public server, I saw no "silly" rules.

M1ster_R0gers said:
I went through them, I think the private server rules about setting things along the lines of "no prolonged artillery or camping uncappable flags" is complete bullshit. If they were so opposed to these things they need to enforce it by simply making it not doable. If I feel like filling a buggy up with C4 and heading off to their spawn and the EA team does not like it, incorporate it into a patch.

Besides we play on a public server, I saw no "silly" rules.
QFT

Seriously, there's always something about a carbomb or IED on the news every night.
The MEC seems to do it in real life, so why not in a game? :p

WhyYouLoveMe said:
70.86.86.253 - 24 man AF not good enuff? :(

24 people on the server is fine, but i like the wide open space you only get when the servers are set to 64 ppl... i am pretty much just a chopper whore but hey thats just me.

KaReeM oF WHeat said:
24 people on the server is fine, but i like the wide open space you only get when the servers are set to 64 ppl... i am pretty much just a chopper whore but hey thats just me.

In AF none of the map space changes regardless of how many people/tickets it's set to (except 16 player). Only flag placements/numbers and vehicle placements/numbers are changed. I would venture to guess the BFG AF server is right up yer alley. ;) I, too, enjoy the chopper whoring as long as I have my preferred pilot floating me about.

To me, Carrier/Spawn raping is not only acceptable, its almost a requirement for good teams. A army that lets there enemy get mobile, is a bad army IMO. If you dont like getting raped at spawn, grab a point. Its just that simple.

BronxBartoni said:
To me, Carrier/Spawn raping is not only acceptable, its almost a requirement for good teams. A army that lets there enemy get mobile, is a bad army IMO. If you dont like getting raped at spawn, grab a point. Its just that simple.
Exactly! or no arty uncaps is stupid too... be smarter and grab a point instead of heading out infront of the fire line.

bazylik said:
Exactly! or no arty uncaps is stupid too... be smarter and grab a point instead of heading out infront of the fire line.

Arty on uncaps also forces the other team to actually think about destroying commander assets. Most of the time that task is ignored in pubs.

Yeah attacking uncaps was meant to be. I mean why else would there be tows, mounted MGs, and AA there? So it can be defended in case of an attack. Most servers that have rules like that suck. There was this one I was just on where a dude in my squad got kicked for destroying assets on the carrier. Destroying assets or even being in an enemy uncap was against server rules. Which on some maps like wake gives the chinese a disadvantage since their assets aren't in an uncappable.

The server I play on the most has a no attacking uncaps with vehicles rule. I like it, you can still use arty and infanty but this time you actually have a chance to get off the carrier without getting raped by a Su-34 3 times a minute.

good times!! and it was sharqi peninsula i belive that we were playing.

my ingame handle is EmptyRecon.

lots of fun on saturday night, cant wait till the next one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back