[H] Battlefield 2 Weekend 7/8-7/9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Tate

Supreme [H]ardness
HBF2Weekend.jpg

Welcome to this weeks incarnation of our [H] BF2 Weekends!!

The maps that we used last week are as follows:

Rotating Vanilla Server:
Karkand
Mashtuur City
Sharqi
Gulf of Oman
Dalian Plant
Daquing Oilfields
Wake Island 2007
Shounga Stalemate

Rotating Special Forces Server:
Warlord
Ghost
Iron Gator

Armored Fury Server:
Operation Harvest
Midnight Sun
Operation Road Rage

Ventrillo Server:
Server: vent.bfggaming.com (69.12.30.135)
Port: 2366
Password: bfgg

If you guys want to add, remove or change any of the maps now is the time to speak up!! These maps will stay on until Friday night, at that time we will be changing over for this weekend’s play, if needed. Each map will be played for two rounds with a team swap.

If you need the server information you can find it by logging onto BFG Gaming.

The Games will begin at Noon Central Time on Saturday and Sunday. Please remember to add your [H] prefix into your name before joining up. Most of our in game handles are different, so this is how we’ll know it’s one of us.

For those of you who are interested my stats and handle can be found right here. I also have an X-Fire account which can be found by searching [email protected].

I would like to say a big Thank you to the kind folks at BFG for allowing us to make their servers our home. Remember guys, BFG is putting out good money on bandwidth and server rental each month, so why not make these servers your home every night.

Also I need to thank my good pal AtomicMoose for coming up with a great logo design!

Ok guys, I talked to BM and we lowered the max players to 48 on vanilla and 24 on SF and AF.

We have also removed the static server, because it gets zero use and we want to free up some resources.

Keep the feedback up, I need to know what issues we see, because I am rarely on anymore but I want to make sure you guys get the best experience possible.

I know a good many of you really enjoy this, and I'll do my best to get this stuff squared away.

Also, I make these threads each week for us to get together and be able to plan, so if you can play post and say what time you can start etc. so everyone has an idea of when to get in.

Remember the servers are up 24/7 so just because it is Thursday, doesn't mean you can't plan to have a game any day.

For the second big annoucement:

We have a 75 man Vent server at our disposal, here is all the info:

vent.bfggaming.com (69.12.30.135)
port 2366
pw: bfgg

We've set up some generic channels, and I also have admin so you ask, I set up. :)

Sweet Ventage! Thanks very much! This will make teamwork in BF2 MUCH easier. Looking forward to this weekend! :D

Look for btell74 to be on around around 2pm on Saturday. I'd love to get some good squad action going. Holla at a brother!

Sounds aces - as for maps, I was wondering if it would be possible to focus on some more balanced ones? What I mean is basically the way a chinese vs. US map, with a semi-competent pilot on chinese, invariably ends up as a US-driven-back-to-carrier-being-J10-raped session (not specifically in the H servers, in general). Liking seeing mashtuur on there, some good ground-based squaddage should be fun, server always seems to be on Oman when I can play...

The map rotation can be set to anything you guys like, I'm all ears.

Wally said:
Liking seeing mashtuur on there, some good ground-based squaddage should be fun, server always seems to be on Oman when I can play...

Yeah I would like to see Mashtuur on there more also. Maybe even first in rotation. It is the most balanced. No uncaps.

i'll play, i installed ventrillo and connected to the bfg server. what else do i need to make it work, in game?

daroy99 said:
i'll play, i installed ventrillo and connected to the bfg server. what else do i need to make it work, in game?

Just bind the key you want for push-to-talk and you're good to go! It runs in the background while BF2 is up. (and it takes up minimal system resources)

if anyone wants to, a couple of friends and I are going to jump on the vanilla server later.

DAmn.

Just moved into dorms at uni and I took my Linux boxen with me. No BF2 for me for at least three months. On the plus side, I can build a new box after my work terms. :D

The problem seems to be that a few rounds after we get a game going, the server crashes and nobody bothers to join back in. All thanks to 1.3.

Eagle156 said:
The problem seems to be that a few rounds after we get a game going, the server crashes and nobody bothers to join back in. All thanks to 1.3.

Sadly, no one can fix that but EA. :(

well i got on and played around bymyself for a little whlie, noone else is on

So would you guys like Masthuur moved to the top of the rotation?

If you tell me which map you'd like, I'd be happy to change it. People asked for Oman originially so they could practice flying.

Sharqui & Mashtuur preferable, with the rapey-maps like Wake and Daquing and Dalian less frequent, basicallyplease. Flying is fun and all, but not really so good when in an F35 that's incapable of hitting something despite having been locked on for three seconds and so forth.

Besides, squadwork is far more prevalent on city maps, isnit. Any chance of a plane-less Zatar Wetlands being added, come to think of it?

I will jump on, my wife will be out of town this weekend, so I guess i can become a bf2 whore for a little while. Should be fun.

I will hop on tonight, assuming there is enough people to play a real game. If not look for me in the Trinity.net servers. Specifically the BOC server. If need be I have a TS server set up I don't think it will support more than a squad. I will check out the ventrillo server and see how it goes. Hope to see you guys on tonight.

I'll probably be able to play Saturday of Sunday. I might be able to play later tonight like at 11:30 or so. But we haven't had much sucess starting a Friday night game. And what about the time idea mentioned in last week's thread? What time you guys wanna meet to start a game so we don't have people waiting on all day or people who show up for 10 minutes at a time when nobody is there.

Noon Central is the starting time listed in the OP so why don't we start at the starting time? Say about.... noon central? I'm there tomorrow. Noon central. 12. 10 pacific. 11 mountain. 1 eastern. Noon central. Start then.

Axeldoomeyer said:
I will hop on tonight, assuming there is enough people to play a real game. If not look for me in the Trinity.net servers. Specifically the BOC server. If need be I have a TS server set up I don't think it will support more than a squad. I will check out the ventrillo server and see how it goes. Hope to see you guys on tonight.

Is Trinity that religious server?
They once kicked my brother because his nickname was "Jesus_Chrysler" :p
What happens if you're Spanish and your name really is Jesus?

Kevlarman said:
Is Trinity that religious server?
They once kicked my brother because his nickname was "Jesus_Chrysler" :p
What happens if you're Spanish and your name really is Jesus?

No.

WhyYouLoveMe said:

Yeah, you're right. I think it was "Christian Gamers" server or something.
Anyways, hope to see some of you [H]'ers online tonight and this weekend!

Wally said:
Sharqui & Mashtuur preferable, with the rapey-maps like Wake and Daquing and Dalian less frequent, basicallyplease. Flying is fun and all, but not really so good when in an F35 that's incapable of hitting something despite having been locked on for three seconds and so forth.

Besides, squadwork is far more prevalent on city maps, isnit. Any chance of a plane-less Zatar Wetlands being added, come to think of it?

You got it.

Thanks, probably not to everyone's tastes, but it's nice to play something other than Karkand or Oman once in a while :p

LOL

I'm almost Karkand out!!! I like the city maps but have always played Karkand the most... it is starting to get a tad tiresome...Nevertheless... it's usually the first map I'll play :D

Oh dear. Something up with the server? The quoted ping for me has gone up from 110-ish last week to 750+ this week :(

I'm knocking about on the Vent being hassled by some mexican/spaniard oddball and occasionally looking in xfire to see if anyone's on the vanilla server.

since there is two people on right now, im going to finish up some yardwork...and come back later when there is more

How about we get our general saturday shit done, and show up at 8 for a general muster on the vanilla server? I have a washing machine needing repair.

Rich are you down with that?

M1ster_R0gers said:
How about we get our general saturday shit done, and show up at 8 for a general muster on the vanilla server? I have a washing machine needing repair.

Rich are you down with that?

You guys are in charge. ;)

A few ppl showed up... should smaller the maps and less ppl needed to play...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back