[H]AWT: G.SKILL AEGIS 8GB DDR4 3000 Single Stick $58 shipped

I like it. I've used the Aegis series twice in some of my builds. (The older Z170/X99 Aegis series)

One 2133mhz 16x2gb kit, and one 2400mhz 2x4gb kit.

Both were capable of this 3000mhz rating at the same timings. Can't vouch for other kits doing the same though.

Both could do 3200mhz around 16-19-19 stably. One was on X99 and the other was b350.

I see alot of people having success with this kit in ryzen setups. Is it samsung B-die?

Wow, I hope we see more deals like this soon. This is much closer to sane pricing imo.

i just built 4 ryzen systems with the 2800 mhz variant of this in 16gb kits and i couldn't get it to run stable at its advertised speed with xmp profile. With the 2400g systems it would green screen and with the 2700x system it simply wouldn't post. I had to run everything at 2666 granted i had 2 16gb kits in the 2700x build all were b450 chipsets

I see alot of people having success with this kit in ryzen setups. Is it samsung B-die?

With those timings, there is no chance of it being B die...It is either Hynix based (same ICs I am using in my sig rig @ 3200 just fine) or it is Samsung D/E die.

With those timings, there is no chance of it being B die...It is either Hynix based (same ICs I am using in my sig rig @ 3200 just fine) or it is Samsung D/E die.

Thats what i figured. I just see a lot of people mentioning that they can get these to run at or near the advertised 3000 speed on AM4. Ryzen has been a pita with ram for me so if it works im interested.

My 2x4gb kit was SpecTek which is a subsidiary of Micron.

Definitely not b-die, but still surprisingly capable from what I've seen.

Worked well on my B350 build with a 2200G amd an Asrock AB350 ITX motherboard. 3200mhz 16-19-19 stable for me there. Would boot 3466, 3600, but timings were not ideal and Ryzen doesn't like ram at those speeds.

On X99, I had my 2133mhz 2x16gb kit OCed to 3200mhz at 15-18-18 (that one was pushing stability though!) 16-19-19 would have been perhaps wiser.

It is important to say your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
Nice price! If I needed some ram, I'd definitely pull the trigger.

Thats what i figured. I just see a lot of people mentioning that they can get these to run at or near the advertised 3000 speed on AM4. Ryzen has been a pita with ram for me so if it works im interested.

There should be no reason you cannot run 3000 with the latest AGESA updates, especially on a Ryzen+ cpu...Ryzen itself is a bit more picky, but I had no problem running my sig kit with my old 1600 @ 4.1Ghz with the 3200 default timings..If you use Ryzen Ram calc it really helps a lot.

Right now they are running this stick of memory with an Intel 545s 256GB SSD for $80 after coupon code.

Back