[H]ardOCP vs Team Anandtech Folding@Home race

biodoc

Weaksauce
Is there any interest in a friendly race between [H] and TAAT? We're thinking the first week or 10 days in December. We're having our 14th annual holiday season race during the month of December. TAAT members sign up and we split up into 2 teams for an intra-team race. Some of us who run BOINC for most of the year join in and run F@H for the month.

We thought it would be fun to challenge another team for a separate race too. I think the two teams match up pretty well especially if you boinc guys bring in your impressive hardware.

Nathan_P, is this something you think some of the FAH guys would be interested in? I honestly don't know if many of them are around the forums much these days. I have pointed out this thread in our Slack channel just in case someone is interested. Also note, this is during the normal WCG X-mas challenge as it typically goes the whole month of December, so people would need to configure things accordingly.

I have a couple 1070Ti's I could run and maybe the 980Ti if it will stay running long enough...

What? Gil is gonna run some GPUs on F@H?? Say it aint so! :p :LOL:

biodoc , got any more details or any confirmations on this happening? Any rules or hoops or anything?

biodoc , got any more details or any confirmations on this happening? Any rules or hoops or anything?

We're on board, so it's up to you guys on whether or not it's a go. I'd like to keep it simple so how does this sound?

1) There's no need for individuals to sign up. Only team stats will be followed so anyone folding for both teams will be participating whether they know it or not.
2) Starting/baseline team stats will be recorded on December 1, 12:00 UTC from EOC stats, so only points recorded after that time will count.
3) The race end date will be December 8th, 12:00 UTC

Woohoo! :)

Looks like some of our guys got cold already, we are out-producing you at the moment, but you guys are way on up above us in overall rank....this should prove interesting!

Don't forget to add your 'key' to new machines so they get the quick-return bonus immediately instead of after 10(?) tasks.

I just gotta decide on which of my two accounts to use...lol. Yeah...I saw earlier you guys were about doubling our current output.

I'm just back from vacation, most definitely we'd be up for it, both my rigs will be back online tomorrow along with a full update on my long absence.

Someone tell me if they want the howitzer on this, and where (which team).

We certainly wouldn't turn down an arsenal. Team is 33. Let us know if you need any help setting up.

Make sure to use the account key. If you don't, points will be absolute garbage.

I guess I will run it on my gpus as well. Will give mot and EXT some time to make some MW distance.

lol, I'm switching my GPUs over to it eventually as well.

You have to get the passkey from here. https://apps.foldingathome.org/getpasskey
When you set up the client with your name and team put the pass key in where it asks for it.
Take and make a doc, txt or some form of file with the passkey and save it in a couple different places.
I have it on a couple different boxes and on a USB drive

It takes 10 compleated valid work units to "prime" the quick return bonus. Then you have to maintain 80% returned valid tasks. At least it used to be, think it still is.

Awesome. Are you interested in helping us with WCG right now? We need all the CPU's we can get for the current event.

What subproject is it for and how many days are left? Zika, Aids, Cancer? I'm not really familiar with this project, but I'll help. No GPUs?

Looks like 15 Birthday challenge. Says all subprojects, and ends the 22nd. Does this mean GPUs? What's the best sub to run that brings the most points per CPU hour? Same question for GPU hour.

Looks like 15 Birthday challenge. Says all subprojects, and ends the 22nd. Does this mean GPUs? What's the best sub to run that brings the most points per CPU hour? Same question for GPU hour.

Its cpu only and i recommend you run mapping cancer markers as the sub project

Is there a team stat's page for WCG?
I see this: https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/ms/team/viewMyTeam.do or however that link might translate on your computer.
but that doesn't show how users are doing within the team. Are you guys just using stat.free-dc.org Points/Credit doesn't seem to be equal between BOINC and WCG's own stats page.

7 wcg points equal 1 boinc point. I think everyone uses free dc for the stats

16 more workers added. Can't really squeeze out more without doing a bunch of manual crap.

wiggle.gif

Back