[H]ardOCP vs TeAm Anandtech Folding@Home race

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by biodoc, Nov 6, 2019.

1. biodoc

biodoc n00b

Is there any interest in a friendly race between [H] and TAAT? We're thinking the first week or 10 days in December. We're having our 14th annual holiday season race during the month of December. TAAT members sign up and we split up into 2 teams for an intra-team race. Some of us who run BOINC for most of the year join in and run F@H for the month.

We thought it would be fun to challenge another team for a separate race too. I think the two teams match up pretty well especially if you boinc guys bring in your impressive hardware.

2. Gilthanis

Gilthanis [H]ard|DCer of the Year - 2014

Nathan_P, is this something you think some of the FAH guys would be interested in? I honestly don't know if many of them are around the forums much these days. I have pointed out this thread in our Slack channel just in case someone is interested. Also note, this is during the normal WCG X-mas challenge as it typically goes the whole month of December, so people would need to configure things accordingly.

3. motqalden

motqalden [H]ard|DCOTM Feb 2018, June 2019

I do enjoy a little friendly competition. I should be able to do this I think.

Gilthanis likes this.
  4. Gilthanis

I have a couple 1070Ti's I could run and maybe the 980Ti if it will stay running long enough...

5. Skillz

Skillz [H]ard DCOTY 2017

What? Gil is gonna run some GPUs on F@H?? Say it aint so! :p :LOL:

6. lassiterb

lassiterb [H]ard|DCer of the Month - June 2009

Been a while.... might crank up a bit of hardware to heat the house and join in the race.

MOAR D!!

Pocatello, motqalden and Gilthanis like this.
  7. EXT64

EXT64 DCOTM x3

8. Gilthanis

biodoc , got any more details or any confirmations on this happening? Any rules or hoops or anything?

9. biodoc

biodoc n00b

We're on board, so it's up to you guys on whether or not it's a go. I'd like to keep it simple so how does this sound?

1) There's no need for individuals to sign up. Only team stats will be followed so anyone folding for both teams will be participating whether they know it or not.
    2) Starting/baseline team stats will be recorded on December 1, 12:00 UTC from EOC stats, so only points recorded after that time will count.
    3) The race end date will be December 8th, 12:00 UTC

10esseeTony and motqalden like this.
  10. Gilthanis

Sounds good to me. I like simple. :)

11. 10esseeTony

10esseeTony [H]Lite

Woohoo! :)

Looks like some of our guys got cold already, we are out-producing you at the moment, but you guys are way on up above us in overall rank....this should prove interesting!

Don't forget to add your 'key' to new machines so they get the quick-return bonus immediately instead of after 10(?) tasks.

12. Gilthanis

I just gotta decide on which of my two accounts to use...lol. Yeah...I saw earlier you guys were about doubling our current output.