[H]ardOCP Spec Bookshelf Speaker Setup

I've been running a FOSI BT20C since my DTA-120 died.

There's a little noise at low volume from the bluetooth but the hands-free nature and easy pairing is pretty nice. Plus I got for $60 ($70 currently on Amazon).

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Try two things

1.). Blow compressed air in around the volume dial. Pots like these sometimes get dust in them.

2.) Sometimes corrosion builds up on the pots. Turn the amp off, and turn the dial back and forth from 0 to max volume repeatedly. This can wear away the corrosion and get rid of any crackle.

No guarantee it will work, but it might.
This actually seemed to work. No more crackle AT ALL on the speakers. Testing headphone jack now!

This actually seemed to work. No more crackle AT ALL on the speakers. Testing headphone jack now!

I'm glad it helped!

This is a common problem across audio hardware wherever there are pot dials to adjust volume, entry level all the way up to expensive audiophile stuff. Especially if they are used in dusty or humid environments. Sometimes this is also the case with electrical switches in other places like cars. In my 20 year old Volvo I rehabilitated the internal cabin light switches by moving them from off to on positions and back again repeatedly to wear off the corrosion.

I also had to do this to my old Logitech speakers before I retired them.

Some high end audiophile equipment will use digital encoders instead of pots for volume to avoid this problem, but of course there are places on the internet where there are flame wars about whether or not this improves or ruins the sound quality (of course there are)

Back