[H]ardOCP & ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II Giveaway

ASUS DirectCU II heat-sink will surely help Overclocking for high performance FPS while keeping things cool.

Last edited:
I actually own the GTX680 DirectCU II. It's a badass card for sure! When you take it out of the box you know you have something special . :D

I have a few reasons:

Beats the heat!

Power efficiency

Quieter than most

Reliability from ASUS as a company combined with their commitment to serving their customers

& finally, The fact that I am running intel HD 3000 graphics, this beast will allow me to actually play some newer games at a high level :)

I'm pretty excited about any card that couples good performance with a lower noise profile.

The impressive heatsink on this sucker will make my rig run cool while maxing out the latest games! Direct CUII FTW!

-Z

Best feature for me will be speed and the ability to once again own an Nvidia card!

physx definitely... need a quiet physx card to pair with my 7970 :D

For me, the biggest reason to upgrade to a card like this is efficiency - More apparent horsepower for less electrical cost and wasted heat?
YES PLEASE!

Runs much better and cooler than my 460GTX. More horsepower and just plain better overall!

I've had my R5770 for a little over 2 years now-it's been a great card but it's starting to show its age. I've been eyeing this GPU for a while, and the ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II looks to be an awesome card. I tend to overclock as much as I can, so the dual-fan cooler and GPU Tweak utility will be most useful. Also, that motherboard may finally give me an excuse to upgrade my Q6600 :p

Mostly I need to upgrade from my like 5 year old hardware. Beyond that, I want a powerful solution with a legit cooling system so I don't have to go deaf cranking speakers or headphones to drown out some banshee fan attached to a lesser cooler.

As a relatively new father, one who didn't quite understand the expense of having two children in diapers at once, I am all about saving money and tech that lasts. Asus' Super Alloy Power tech would be an innovative solution to have a card that would last and the Direct CU II Thermal Design keeping it cool would do even more to attain that goal of longevity. My 8800GT died a horrible death while trying to troubleshoot a friend's OEM desktop and the extra 6800XT I had does little more than allow playing UT2004. I would dearly love to show my son Batman: Arkham City on the powerful GeForce GTX 660Ti so that he would no longer think that Batman was a pansy who got his butt kicked in some slideshow he saw one time...

For the love of God, please let my son know the force that is Batman and let him dirty his pants for a decent reason for once in his life! Asus GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II for the win!

I would love to upgrade from the 560 Ti 448 core to the current gen 660 Ti :) It would also match my current ROG setup quite well.

The awesome thing about this card is it would benefit my gaming ability, but also accelerate the programs I use for architecture like photoshop, 3dsmax, and blender. Work/gaming ftw

My GTX 470 makes my room temps 85+.

EDIT: Thats with AC cranked.

Simply put, why would I not want one?

This is ASUS! Almost all my computer parts are ASUS! Everybody knows girls find you more attractive when you have a computer with matching parts.

Also, I was planning on buying the Radeon 7870, but at a similar price point GTX 660Ti outperforms the 7870 on all the tests. So I'm switching from planning to buy the 7870 to planning to win the 660Ti. Don't let me down guys!

Finally, the PhysX. I was sold the moment I saw the demo for it in Borderlands 2. I mean, did you guys see the liquid get all jiggly? PhysX!!

Look at my Sig!

4 year old hardware is limping along.

Definitely need some Kepler hardware to speed up my HD video renders!

I supported [H] a month back and picked up two GTX 670's to test with here on the forums. They run great, but I was forced to return them as one was enough but two would sell faster -- and they did. The 660ti would be a great card to recieve in their part and I would highly appreciate the custom cooling that this video card has.

I wont sit here and say I love ASUS, or any other brand, because its very subjective depending on each persons previous build history. However this will give me a second chance, from my first PC build, to see if ASUS can redeem itself and win back a customer.

The main reason I think the 660 would be a great upgrade for me would be the Dust Proof Fans, because I live on a farm and dust is a serious issue here. Just coming back up from feeding the horses and into the computer room brings a ton of dirt and hay particles. My current 460 hasn't failed or anything because of that problem, but it would be great to not have to worry about it. :)

It has the better cooling and voltage regulation to allow for higher overclocks while still being able to keep it cool and quiet. What this means is that I can game at higher settings and still be able to enjoy the game without a jet engine next to me.

I'm currently running 2x ASUS 460s and the increased core clocks and shader clocks on the 660ti will help my performance in Borderlands 2 and Tribes Ascend! Also, if I were to go with a 670+ series video card, I'd have to invest in another power supply so the power usage of the 660TI is right on point with where I want my rig to be.

It would give me a reason to give up my 6950 and come back to nvidia for starters, but the reason an Asus GeForce GTX660 TI DirectCU II would be just what the doctor ordered would be for its' robust components, massive heatsink, and overclocking potential. Asus has been building their boards with cutting edge rugged components meant to take the abuse and keep me in the game. The new 6 phase Super Alloy Power has my inner overclocker piqued with the possibilities made available by a stable power supply to the GPU.

I stand by Asus products b/c 99% of what I have purchased from them has worked great. Even though I didn't have the greatest RMA experience w/ them last year, I still bought 5 7970's and 3 670's from them during this past year. :)

Considering I'm running a HD 5850, there's nothing that isn't better than my current card!

I really want the PhysX power for Borderlands 2, I'm sick of poor ATI driver support, I want to step up to DirectX 11 and increase my frame rates!

The GTX 660 would be perfect!

Last edited:
Please include me in this contest. I would love to have my grubby paws on the ASUS GTX 660 Ti DirectCU II. The main benefit I would receive from this lovely piece of hardware is increased FPS in my favorite game Starcraft2, which currently only limps along. The cooling efficiency of this card would definitely benefit me and my gaming experience and it would be a huge upgrade over my existing AMD 5790.

This card just looks SLICK and the DirectCU II cooler will move some air in my smaller case. My gaming will surely improve (especially those raids in Aion) with its horsepower.

I think this card would be a definite improvement over my stock GTX 460. When I game my system runs hot and the fan is wailing to disperse air across the heat sink. It would be nice to have a card that has the quality build behind the ASUS name. More so, I think the power efficiency would be a drastic improvement over my existing setup. I know I would not miss the fan wailing and the heat generation if I had a ASUS GTX 660Ti Direct CU II. You can never go wrong with an ASUS product! They always hit their mark!

Back