[H]ardOCP & ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II Giveaway

Super Alloy Power Delivery (Along with the Digi-VRM). One of my favorites. Not only does it provide long term stable power, but gives more headroom for a safe overclock. Plus the innate benefit of longer life span, and lower heat. The digital circuitry provides us with precise voltage and a slightly better efficiency rating. And we're all for more efficiency these days. Plus, it's Kepler!

I don't want this, I need this! The Asus GeForce 660 TI DirectCU II (ooooo looks soo good...) matches my RoG Gene motherboard and completes my computer couture. I'm going to wwwweeeeerrrrrrrrkkkkk my elite Asus collection... This 480 GTX is sooo two thousand and late...

ComputerGurl, put that Asus in yo case...! Head to toe, let your benchmarks do the talk!

/Pose!

:)D haaaa)

It would not only be wayyyyy faster than my AMD 4850, it would be cooler and quieter and use less power! Made by Asus is just icing on the cake.

I need the 660Ti and Maximus V because I am currently gaming at a world-class level and do not have the hardware that is up to my standards. I am with the #2 US (world 8th) ranked guild in World of Warcraft and intend on doing high quality videos as well as streaming if I had the proper hardware. I'm an avid gamer as well, playing many different games. My 9800GT and GTX285 aren't really doing the trick anymore though, so this would be the perfect upgrade. Plus I'll finally have a card I can overclock :cool:

ASUS exclusive Super Alloy Power utilizes specially formulated alloy inside power delivery components to provide a more stable and quieter operation compared to reference design.

This could help. My HD4890 occasionally has some coil whine.

The Asus DirectCu cooler is great at dissipating heat, something I've been fanatical about with every computer I've owned. Asus is one of the best brands out there - I won't buy a motherboard or sound card from any other brand. I've been looking for a new video card to improve my gaming and Folding performance from my current 8800GT.

As a current owner of a Radeon 4890, if anything would benefit me, it's reduced heat. Also, reduced heat means reduced fan noise. And increased performance! I would be able to move up to 1080p gaming! And I'd finally be able to try out this PhysX stuff everyone's been talking about ;)

Matches Maximus V Gene and has a great cooling solution that promises some crazy overclocks.

Definitely the main reason this would benefit the systems I build would be the power efficiency of the card, which is strange because I"m used to going to Radeon for that. Glad the greenboys pulled through on this one.

with this card i could use PhysX features again. looking forward to borderlands 2 and the cooler on these cards is awesome

I wouldn't use it myself but I would give it to my stepdad who is using a GTS 240 right now. He got the big shaft from Dell after his 8800 series card died a second time and they told him the GTS 240 was "comparable" as a replacement. Yeah right. So DX 11, awesome heatsink fan, and even having a proper mid-range video card again would benefit him quite a bit. He enjoys FPS, RTS and Action games but his system barely handles them at 1080p and often he has to lower the resolution and/or settings to even get "bearable" framerates.

The Maximus V Formula wouldn't hurt either because if the card didn't work or work well in his current system, we would be quite a ways forward in getting a nice Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge setup that could last him another 3-4 years.

It's been forever since I've had a top of the line video card. I look forward to enjoying playing under max settings. The innovative cooling on this card will be nice for quieting down my rig. Plus, I am running an old ATI card, I wish I'd stuck with nvidia.

Longer life, better ability to overclock, cooler and quieter running, and the power of it with ASUS exclusive Super Alloy Power is insane. All of this makes for a happy gamer during progression pushes and long raids.

DX11 would be great as my GTX 260 is unable to push games to the max with all eye candy is DX11 is involved. The DirectCU II cooler would be a welcome addition as well as I have to crank the reference fan on my GTX 260 higher than I would like to keep her cool. I have done many builds at work with Asus video cards that use the Direct CU II fan and I have been impressed with the noise and temperature of the cards. Finally I have been very satisfied with Asus RMA support as I have had to use it both for customers at work as well as once for my personal motherboard. Asus has been impressing me since 2003 with their customer support.

Love the cooling solution on this setup. The speed would let me run any
game. And I just want it. Happy Labor Day Weekend everyone.

i would get to use a 660ti to run cuda for my wedding productions!

This product appeals to me for the following reasons:

1) ASUS is a company name I have associated with quality since I bought ASUS motherboards for Intel in the years prior to the advent of the AMD K7, and with all of the ASUS motherboards for AMD I have purchased in the years since. When I think of ASUS products I immediately associate them with quality and reliability.

2) I've been with ATi/AMD gpus consistently since 2002, and owning a nVidia (it was "nVidia" before it was "NVIDIA") product would give me an opportunity to see how the other half lives these days...;)

3) I like the Super Alloy chokes, as the design should contribute to less noise and vibration--always welcome in gaming. Speaking of less noise and vibration, the excellent specifications for the ASUS heat-pipe fan promise a whole bunch of quiet, too!

4) Speaking of the fan, I love the dust-proof fan design! Great concept. Dust-clogged fans can greatly impede gaming because thermal dissipation is reduced, sometimes dramatically. Fans are critical to the performance of superior GPUs like The ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II TOP, and keeping the dust out of the fan and motor should contribute impressively to the card's longevity.

5) The custom "GPU Tweak" software looks first-class, thorough, and well thought-out. Tweaking the GPU is half the fun in gaming!

6) The LEDs on the card for PCIe power connection and voltage mean less time spent trouble-shooting and more time for gaming! These kinds of thoughtful innovations are an ASUS trademark.

7) It's always nice to know that the GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II PCIe 3.0 technology will also run perfectly on PCIe 2.0 motherboards! Without backwards compatibility the usability of the latest hardware is greatly reduced. Gamers always look for products that can grow along with them!

8) Two (2) gigabytes of on-board video ram is plenty in my estimation--and a 192-bit-wide local ram bus always beats a 128-bit-wide local bus, everything else being equal.

9) The ASUS circuit designs, tweaking software, and component quality offers great overclocking potential--which of course wouldn't be worth mentioning if not for the excellent ASUS heat-pipe fan design! I don't do a lot of overclocking these days, but it's always nice to know the potential is there whenever I might get "the bug"...;)

10) To sum up, I could write up ten more ASUS features that I like in this product and that would definitely impact my gaming, like hardware DX 11.1 support for Windows 8, but this product has already been so well-received across the entire Internet that to say any more would be superfluous. Great product, great price, and it's ASUS! I need say no more.

A 660 would be simply badass! It would help out my gaming performance, period. I have always loved ASUS products, from motherboards, to video cards, to tablets. The cooling solution on this thing looks fantastic!

superior cooling on a top platform is useful for gaming of all types. push it past what anyone else can offer when you need it, or run it cool and quiet when things simmer down. I wouldn't mind having one or three of these bad boys in my rig.

I think that this card would be a stellar performer based on it's cooling design, and it's overclock out of the box.

I've been a big fan of ASUS quality in motherboards for years and i can see that the design of the cooling system as well as how far they are willing to push the 660 core leads me to believe they have put high quality components into the card.

Everything about the card will be a benefit. I just started on a new rig and I do not yet have a video card. This would help put it over the top in my perspective.

120902 because of this gf gtx 660ti gpu, now got to upgrade the motherboard for a pcie3 bus and buy a bigger monitor for the 2560x1600 resolution, this gpu can catalyze improvements needed to "benefit your gaming and hardware enthusiast experience."

these wonderful pieces of hardware would help me to move into a realm of gaming i have never been able to experience. my intel penium dual core laptop i overpaid for at a total of $100 keeps me stuck with games like masters of magic... however it's incapabilities do not prevent me from reading reviews and watching videos of gameplay on rigs obviously utitlizing hardware worth atleast half the salt of items like the asus gtx 660ti and the asus maximus v forumla motherboard :D

I live in a warm area, and my computer runs hot, especially with a good video card installed.
The ASUS 660Ti runs more efficiently than a stock 660, which is already a cool running card for it's gaming power.

An ASUS 660Ti would let me run games scorching hot, but keep my computer and house comfortably cool.

Plus I'm currently working 3 jobs, but still can't afford to upgrade my computer that's still running the Q6600 processor and DDR2 RAM from 2007, plus an ASUS GeForce GTX460 picked up on black Friday two years back.

Last edited:
Well there's quite a bunch to say about this card! The power and cooling is extremely efficient, the Core Clock is competitive with other renditions of the 660 branch of the family,

Cooling - The DirectCU II TOP solution is mirrored from the Asus Geforce 670, the first and only card to ever win a perfect 10.0 perfect score during TechPowerUp's review of the card. the 670 also won a [H]ardOCP Gold Enthusiast Award. Thermal issues are not to be seen on this card, probably due to the fact that it has 2 80mm fans in the DirectCU II TOP solution that sheaths the heatpipes that actuaclly comeinto contact with the GPU Core.

Processor - The GeForce GTX 660 Ti is 28 nm GK104 silicon which runs common in the GTX 6XX family. A close look shows that the Core Clock is higher than the Stock Geforce GTX 660 TI which is 915 Mhz but the Asus Model of the Geforce GTX 660 TI Direct CU II TOP (Boosted) is 1059 which is a 15% clock speed boost right out of the box.

Power Consumption - Super Alloy Power - Allows me to keep a quieter case and adds life due to its heat resistance and power efficiency. This is partially responsible for the Total TDP being 150W. The other reason why this is so efficient is the DIGI+VRM chip that allows the card to run in 6 different phases. DIGI+VRM also allows users like me to (possibly) OC the card beyond other brand's cards.

Going Cost - I've seen this card from $310 to $340 with a quick price check amongst popular online vendors. This is lower than the going rate of another popular brand: Galaxy

Performance - The entire package when put together is nothing short of a workhorse. This is what a hardcore gamer like me will need when I encounter next year's games running EPIC's Unreal Engine 4 or Square Enix's Luminous Studio engine. I don't want to get a card only to find out it's not going to alst me more than a year. With this card, we've surely got a winning solution that will future proof a box for a considerable amount of time... ESPECIALLY when paired with an ASUS Maximus V Formula Motherboard! Hooray for 3 Way SLI!

Last edited:
The power efficiency is damn sexy, and considering BL2 is right around the corner, it'd be nice to make use of the accelerated physx.

I am in need of something quieter than the Galaxy GTX460 that I have now, and could certainly use the upgrade in power since I'm likely to also be buying one of those 2560x1440 Overlord monitors real soon.

My computer was destroyed this week due to Hurricane Isaac. The power outage and the humidity got to it. I've ordered new/replacement parts to make another rig, but one thing that I couldn't budget was a proper video card. So you can imagine my delight at seeing this contest.

Winning this ASUS GeForce GTX660 Ti would be a Godsend. I'd be so excited and grateful. Not only is this the card that I was dying to get for my system, this is the feature packed ASUS version of it. It doesn't get better than this. I've always loved ASUS products due to their quality and this card's quality looks to be exemplary of everything they create. Hell, the reliability of ASUS may make it withstand future hurricanes lol.

I love all of the features added to this card by ASUS, but my personal favorite would have to be the DirectCU II thermal design. I live in a hot area so many times temperatures are a concern. With this cooling solution though... I'd have no worries. :cool:

My 8800 GTS has died, This card would be an amazing thing to win for me.
Help me game, help me...help you take this card off your hands.

Pick me

Back