[H]ardOCP & ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II Giveaway

It's been said many times... Cooler and quieter wins. The added speed is just a big bonus!

I can think of 3 good reasons off the top:

i) Power efficiency combined with more shaders and faster core for improved team 33 folding performance.
ii) Can tweak my eye-candy settings a little higher when I game.
iii) ASUS build quality and reliability.

With DirectCU II Cooling and GTX 660Ti efficiency, this card looks to deliver impressive overclocking potential. Couple that with the excellent product quality and design ASUS is known for and it begs the question "What more could you want?".

The 660ti would make a great dedicated PhysX card for Borderlands 2 and Batman: AC! ;)

Thank you for doing this.

• Adaptive v-sync like the other 6 series cards
  • Draws less power and creates less heat
  • Can SLI them for less down the road

The Asus version looks like a great card. More stable, quieter, and cooler than reference design. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Runs cooler & quieter, Asus uses quality components, and it just looks really cool! :cool:

I cheaped out on my power supply, so the energy savings over my 580 will be awesome, and make my computer not shut down randomly when it's gaming for hours :p Also the tang it gets me would be great.

I desperately need to replace my aging 280's in SLI. I'm really impressed with Asus approach with the DirectCU cooler . Asus is quality and that's what i want and need.

It has a large dual-fan cooler keeps the card cool and increased clock speeds out of the box to ensure an additional performance improvement over the relatively low clocks of the NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti reference design. In other words, it is a bad ass card and I need it.

Time to replace my aging Geforce 280 card since my system is running hot, the new ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II with 5 copper pipes contacting the GPU will maximize heat dissipation and increase speed!

The combination of the DirectCU II heat sink with their Dust-proof fans make for a cool and quiet card. As a gamer the combination of the hand picked components, DirectCU II heat sink, and GPU Tweak software means I can have piece of mind knowing I have the most reliable and tweakable 660Ti on the market today.

I could finally really enjoy my 1080p monitor and replace my 7950GT. I imagine that it would also be a step towards making my PC sound less like a jet engine.

I'm all about acoustics and the cooling in my PC reflect that. However, the heatsink being aftermarket must still be a great improvement over reference cooling. It was great ASUS was able to implement both silence and cooling performance in this GTX 660Ti video card.

It's so simple, it can be summed up in two words...

MORE POWER!

Sure if you're nitpicky and all you can go on about how its efficient, how cool and quiet it is with that nice custom cooling solution, etc, etc. But then again...

MORE POWER!!

The End.

The non-reference cooling is awesome.

and support for PCI-Express 3.0 and DirectX 11.1!!

Quiet computing without sacrificing performance is always top of mind when it comes to my gaming needs.

The numerous details ASUS uses to ensure a cool and efficient graphics card such as DirectCU II and Super Alloy Power; this GeForce GTX 660ti is a perfect fit in my system to keep my system cool and quiet while still offering VERY good performance

With the improved cooling maybe now I can actually hear what I am playing

Heatsink is better than the DirectCU I have on my ASUS GTX460 which is already great to begin with, performance is far greater, price/performance ratio is a big plus, can't mention the heatsink enough, Arizona heat is going to push the heatsink hehe, also who can forget the overclocking potential because of the heatsink, DIGI+ VRM 6-phase SAP, and the real time Tweaking software. Basically getting great performance with a card that is able to stay cool, and if it has problems is able to take the heat like champ during those monster gaming sessions, that'll be a big help. :cool:

Last edited:
I have and love the Asus DCU2 TOP GTX 670 and I wouldn't mind SLIing with one of these 660s.

I also have a 24" monitor and I spent an extra $150 switching motherboards because I wanted an Asus motherboard after finding out Asus made a motherboard similar in specs to the one I had and I wasn't all that happy with it even though it was working just fine.

The factory installed three heatpipe DirectTouch cooler will most benefit my gaming and hardware enthusiast experience!

The fact that this card will outperform any previous generation top of the line card is good enough for me, I will take one anytime.:D

DirectX 11 would be the least of the benefits I would gain from using this card over my GTX 275.

My video card has a tenancy to very hot, to the point of uncomfortable to touch this would be a very big help to my computer. The dust proof fans would also hlep to keep my computer clean and quiet. The low power usage would indeed help the performance of my computer.I have a program called Source Film Maker some may have heard of it, but it is a huge bounty on my entire pc .Having this video card and mother board would speed up process and lighten the load dramatically, and if i am to become a professional animator these would be the key to have my computer be up the the challenge.
P.S. Good luck to all!!!

I'm still on a GTX260 192sp, so anything is an improvement at this point. Having an ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti would allow me turn on some eyecandy features in games like Arma II without sacrificing precious framerate/experience. Oh and it's certainly quieter and cooler!

I like the fans/cooling! Would go great with my Asus Maximum Gene V mobo (reminds me, I need to add that build to my sig)!

Asus has always made rock solid hardware. DirectCU from ASUS offers great cooling performance for a video card. Better cooling for a video card means I can push the video card further and overclock it.

Love the smaller die of the new generation cards - more powerful and efficient.
Love DX11 too

I would be looking forward to the ASUS GPU Tweak utility becouse I cant leave well enough alone.

The feature that I was always fond of is the cooling. The DirectCU is amazing. My Crossfire DirectCU II 6870's run very cool and quiet.

I've never owned a NVIDIA card in over a dozen cards so I'd like to try it in surround at 3600x1920.

An affordable card that gives you all of the latest DX11 features. The DirectCU II looks like it would provide excellent cooling for long gaming sessions.

I am currently running on integrated graphics to power a 24" monitor. INTEGRATED GRAPHICS!! As such, whenever the girlfriend and I try to play co-op games (Lego Star Wars, for example), it has a tendency of failing and crashing, poo-pooing our entertainment nights :(.

What's that? This magical card from heaven (Nvidia/Asus - they were roommates in college or something) would be allow us to play games together with its magical GeForce GTX 660 Ti GPU chip, amazing cooling designed to dissipate heat with 6x more airflow all while being 5x quieter than the reference design? Wait, what? Timmy is stuck in a well? What about the...no, I don't care about Timmy, he's as dumb as a bag of bricks and twice as ugly. I want the card, not Timmy. No, that's a dumb dog, stop bugging me about the kid and get me the card. You know what? Forget it, I'll get it myself, you'll probably return with a pack of playing cards. I need a drink.

Back