[H]ardOCP & ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II Giveaway

I have a DCU II type card now in my rig and the thing is cool no matter how long I let it run so I'd be looking forward to that. Less GPY heat means more CPU speed! ;)

Simply put power. I want to upgrade an old 260 and not change any of my other hardware :) Low power high performance and come on its ASUS!!! :) :) :)

Affordability with comparable power to the GTX 670 in most cases (1080p). Also being able to power 4 monitors with 1 card.

My current card gives off the same heat as my kitchen's oven, for crying out loud! :mad:

The PhysX capability would be great, too.

Plus, better frame rates with my new 2560x1440 monitor!

I would absolutely love the xtra power to drive my new 27" Samsung monitor @ 2560x 1440 with everything cranked up in games like Skyrim. :D

Nevermind; I'm from Europe so I can't participate.

Last edited:
Cooling, cooling, cooling. Better cooling means quiter gaming. Quiter gaming means less waking the wife. Less waking the wife means more nookie.

The Asus DirectCU II rules for two reasons, cooling and speed.

Cooling comes from the giant chunk of aluminum in the DirectCU II heatsink. Mass matters, and the copper heatpipes keep it efficient.

Speed comes from three sources. First of course we've got the innate power of the new 660Ti GPU. Second the DIGI+ VRM high-quality voltage regulator, which provides clean power, absolutely essential to a stable overclock. And third, the custom Asus cooling mechanism keeps it 20% cooler than the reference design. It's an overclocking beast.

3D Vision support will let me play my games in 3D on my Optoma projector. It would be 120 inches of pure awesome!

660Ti is better than the crap card I have now. New mobo would't hurt either... I need to update my rig.

Moving from an old 4th generation hand-me-down beat up BFG 280 to a Asus kickass 660ti... I can't even describe how this would change my gaming.. I would be able to actually look at newer games as playable options... Hell it would be a life changer for me as most of what I do circles around my computer...

Dual fans gives more efficient cooling for the Bitfenix Prodigy (small case) I would put this in to.

I don't particularly have anything memorable or witty to say here.

I've used ASUS hardware across multiple desktop builds, and even a couple of laptops. I have rarely, if ever, had a problem with any of it. When I did have one of those rare issues ASUS support had the matter resolved with remarkable speed and convenience.

I'm several generations out of date with most of my hardware, and would absolutely love a chance to upgrade some to the level of the 660ti - especially so if it comes from a company as dependable and reputable as ASUS is.

I need a card with a good cooler. The room I game in gets hot. Also a newer video card will help when I make the move beyond 1080p.

DirectCU from ASUS offers great cooling performance for a video card. Better cooling for a video card means I can push the video card further and overclock it.

An increase in overall performance will allow me to push my in-game settings further than a card without this kind of cooling.

It would be good to have the legendary GTX660Ti. I really need one because my PC is quite outdated. When Assassins Creed comes out I need to be prepared.

The performace of this card is astounding. I have an older 6870 and I know I'm going to be upgrading the the Green Guys side this time. The double sealed fans and enhanced vrm envelope will very much help my BF3 gaming. It also matches all the color's in my case with black and red as my color theme.

It's all about the temps; this card would be great for my HTPC when I game on my TV!

I've been wanting to upgrade my graphics card for years now. I am running on a newer Ivybridge setup using an Asus z77 motherboard that I love. This graphics card combo'd with my Asus motherboard would be killer! I like uniformity and this certainly would make my system 'complete'!

Whats not to like? Better than my old ATI card, better power efficiency leading to less heat generation, DX11, etc.

This card will let me play games using FAR less electricity so I can upgrade my ancient SLI setup. Dual Geforce 8800's push out a fair amount of heat, great in the winter for my feet however! But I'd make the sacrifice for a nice new Geforce 660ti.

Lol @ Tacoisland. A less bitchy wife is always a good thing!

I'm currently "between" video cards and using my i5's integrated graphics, which really puts a damper on my gaming options, so the amazing performance of this card would be a huge boon. Additionally, the great, low-noise cooling that Asus uses makes this card a winner.

For myself, I am attracted to this card for the same reasons I purchase other Asus products: Reliability and quality components.

With the 6 phase power design, I can safely tweak voltages and clock speeds without having to worry so much about temperatures. There is extra breathing room so to speak.

Other features that interest me (and many other i'm sure):
-The DCUII cooler for much better heat dissipation/reduced fan noise.
-The "Dust Proof" fan system, adding to Asus' reliability
-Low power consumption with kepler architecture.

This would great to give to my friend that is in dire need of a new video card.

This 660Ti will be the perfect upgrade for my wife's computer (currently running GTX 285). She can run older games ok but the power behind this Direct CU II model will really put her back in the game (so to speak)

intrigued by the Super Alloy Power, would like to see if it will benefit my gaming by allowing clean power delivery to maximize overclocks!

Power Reduction -> Cooler GPU temperature (no more toasting bagels on the fan exhaust)

Noise Reduction -> Large heatsink + open slow turning large fans = Less noise (and postponement of Tinnitus).

Performance increase -> Self explanitory (we'll let you do the comparisons)

DX11 (When it comes to software bigger numbers are always better right?)

2x Dual-link DVI ports (no fiddling with flakey DP adapters/dongles when going in/out of sleep mode + one less signal conversion)

Overclocking Potential - An element of future proofing, plus its fun to play around with.

Significantly lower price than a GTX670

This would be an upgrade from my Radeon 4850 which is louder, hotter, and under powered for the 1080P TV it tries to drive. The 4850 is actually ASUS brand so I've always been an ASUS fan because of quality :) ASUS parts last forever.

The newer card would also provide lots more video and audio benefits for using my computer as a digital media center over HDMI

Thanks!

I previously owned a Asus DirectCU GTX580 that was fantastic. The DirectCU cooler was very quiet and was very efficient at cooling and was a very potent overclocker. I would not hesitate to purchase any Asus product and the Asus GTX660ti DirectCU would really be perfect in my gaming HTCP where the awesome cooling ability, low power usage and low noise levels would be put to good use as all three are mandatory.

My most desired features would have to be the the faster processor. It's performance would improve my gaming experience by allowing me to run games at their maximum potential. The other feature that I am looking forward to is the cooler. Since the 660ti cu runs much cooler I'll be able to overclock the card in the future allowing me to run the card for many years to come.

low heat from less power and the after market cooler will help it stay extra cool.

ASUS Has designed an Epic cooling solution to allow my gaming rig to run at top performance while lowing over all temperatures in my system. the 660ti has lower power requirements while offering awesome gaming performance. Whats not to Love.

Back