[H]ardOCP & ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II Giveaway

This is awesome, I really need an upgrade. I am still on socket LGA775. And the graphics card is amazing that you guys are showing. It'd be a dream come true to get this!

I currently run ASUS ROG, but wouldn't mind an upgrade!! If diapers were motherboards; I'd share one! :D

The thing that will benefit me the most is a new video card. Apart from that, the dual fans should keep things cooler and quieter than what I have now!

The directCU cooling makes it much quieter for a better gaming experience. Hearing your video cards fan ramp up can really hurt the immersion in the game, so the quiet power of the ASUS gtx 660 is an awesome thing.

Because I love asus, they stand for reliability to me. The cooler will keep this card cooled for the long time I plan to own this. Borderlands 2 wouldn't hurt my feelings either :)

Having an awesome product OC'd by Asus, and having the ability to get amazing FPS and performance in 2way and 3 way SLI. Even if your not going to use them in SLI, you can use the Lucid Virtu with your Intel CPU to increase performance.

I've never experienced using a high-end card,I'm currently using a gt240 and I can't play new games that require high-end gpu's especially battlefield 3 which I loved most I can't even kill an enemy because of this card with that, I'm currently building a new gaming rig but missing some components,which of one is a gpu.I would love to use this card,It will help me getting a better gaming experience that I've never experienced before like putting all the settings to the max and It will also bring low power consumption, great cooling and awesome performance for my upcoming rig.

Thanks for the giveaway!

Last edited:
Its a directcu II card! cooler and quieter for overclocking!

Having a passed down ECS GTS250, it would work to my advantage to have a lower power consumption and cooling in my 1 year old hp p6754y. It also would save me a bunch of money on having to buy it for borderlands 2 and farcry 3

Starting school (Game design) next week and since this is infused with DirectX™ 11 and TXAA antialiasing, Adaptive Vertical Sync, and PhysX®, I wouldn't be surprised if I get A's all around. Not only will programming and designing be a breeze, but playing will be the most fun I've had in a long time! Thanks ASUS!:)

In the past, and even till now, I’ve never had a powerful computer. I never had a fantastic video card or even CPU. Although I would like to say I really am a true gamer, I’ve always has to coast around with what has been affordable hardware. Playing games like Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2 at lowest settings were saddening due to my limited performance computer (integrated video chipsets, aka Intel HD most recently for me…). In the past, I also tried playing games like Call of Duty and Dead Space at their bare minimums which ended up with poor quality gaming and hardly playable. Despite my budget, I’ve always been a computer enthusiast since I was a kid and it was always painful to keep up with the newest hardware out there knowing that what I have is absolute rubbish in comparison.:(

With the new, exultant GeForce GTX 660 Ti that Nvdia and ASUS produced, my gaming involvement and overall satisfaction with the performance output my desktop would be producing; it would be a real milestone. With the Maximus V Formula motherboard allowing full performance, the GTX 660 Ti will perform 1,344 CUDA cores and a stock core speed of 915MHz, boosting to a maximum of 980MHz when the thermal envelope allows. This would produce flawless frame rates of any game out there possible right now at maximum settings. What really impresses me about this card though is that this version of the GTX 660 has an exclusive big twin-fan heat sink, known as the DirectCu II thermal solution, which grants its graphics core to run at a whopping 1,059GHz. I have also heard that this card is very silent, which definitely another huge plus, considering the power of this card. This card surely exceeds my expectations, and would indisputably be fully utilized by me in the future.;)

Also in the mix, I would be sure of course to purchase the fusion thermo liquid cooling system specially designed for the Maximus V Formula and high performance video cards such as the ASUS GeForce GTX 660 T to ensure optimal performance of all hardware. I’ve always wanted to build a computer with parts such as these, and to be able to complete such a rig with a fantastic liquid cooling system would be ultimate satisfaction towards my eager knowledge of high end computers today. There is not much more that any true hardware enthusiast could ever desire.:D

The ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II is a huge upgrade to my HD 5770 in terms of raw performance, power consumption, and noise (because of the 2 fan design of the DirectCU II vs. my current single fan design). The TXAA feature looks amazing and would really smooth out FPS games. The DX11 support is really forward looking too, and I can get into Folding At Home once I have this Nvidia card. Since my current card isnt' supported anymore in any of the hardware accelerated video transcoding programs, I'd be able to take advantage of CUDA to accomplish this using Badaboom, which is already optimized for CUDA. My aging i7-870 really isn't cut out for all this transcoding like GPGPUs are. And of course, I'd overclock it like everything else! ;)

In the past, and even till now, I’ve never had a powerful computer. I never had a fantastic video card or even CPU. Although I would like to say I really am a true gamer, I’ve always has to coast around with what has been affordable hardware. Playing games like Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2 at lowest settings were saddening due to my limited performance computer (integrated video chipsets, aka Intel HD most recently for me…). In the past, I also tried playing games like Call of Duty and Dead Space at their bare minimums which ended up with poor quality gaming and hardly playable. Despite my budget, I’ve always been a computer enthusiast since I was a kid and it was always painful to keep up with the newest hardware out there knowing that what I have is absolute rubbish in comparison.:(

With the new, exultant GeForce GTX 660 Ti that Nvdia and ASUS produced, my gaming involvement and overall satisfaction with the performance output my desktop would be producing; it would be a real milestone. With the Maximus V Formula motherboard allowing full performance, the GTX 660 Ti will perform 1,344 CUDA cores and a stock core speed of 915MHz, boosting to a maximum of 980MHz when the thermal envelope allows. This would produce flawless frame rates of any game out there possible right now at maximum settings. What really impresses me about this card though is that this version of the GTX 660 has an exclusive big twin-fan heat sink, known as the DirectCu II thermal solution, which grants its graphics core to run at a whopping 1,059GHz. I have also heard that this card is very silent, which definitely another huge plus, considering the power of this card. This card surely exceeds my expectations, and would indisputably be fully utilized by me in the future.;)

Also in the mix, I would be sure of course to purchase the fusion thermo liquid cooling system specially designed for the Maximus V Formula and high performance video cards such as the ASUS GeForce GTX 660 T to ensure optimal performance of all hardware. I’ve always wanted to build a computer with parts such as these, and to be able to complete such a rig with a fantastic liquid cooling system would be ultimate satisfaction towards my eager knowledge of high end computers today. There is not much more that any true hardware enthusiast could ever desire.:D

A+ for the marketing effort!

This will look nice with my Maximus Extreme IV Board! Plus the GTX 660 ti will rock Borderlands 2!

1ghz gee pee ewes and 6ghz mammaries make it so I can play Asteroids, Pong, and my uber rare and treasured copy of 'E.T. The Extra Terrestrial' for the Atari 2600 in glorious 1080p with 200x AA and AF that goes to infinity!

Also, I've got a new twist on RAM for you.
And all your base are belong to me.

I'll also post a picture of me and my man bewbs in an [H] bra if I win...

Direct CU, DirectX 11 and way more power then my current (4 generations old) graphics card. I need one (or 3) of these for my new build when I get home from Afghanistan!

All I want is the right balance of power consumption and performance. I don't play many games anymore, but when I do, I want the best single-monitor experience I can get. The problem is largely a power consumption vs. performance issue -- cards with better performance use too much power (at load and idle) while cards that are stellar on efficiency are never adequate. My hope is the 660 Ti is the perfect storm of efficiency, performance, and acoustics. If I'm right, they made this card for me.

I have to use a GPU regardless... perhaps Asus and nVidia can finally deliver what I've been searching for.

Its just the right amount of performance to run new games without heating up a room. The scalability of its power consumption and speed would make it a much more practical card than a radeon 5850.

Direct X 11, the DirectCU II cooling, and most importantly to get off this junky ATI card and back to sweet sweet NVIDIA.

My old 560Ti DCII can't really handle games now that I've switched to a 2560x1440 monitor. The 600Ti would give me the power I need, and I can't imagine upgrading to anything other than an Asus card!

Feature wise I am looking forward to the following:

- I really like low noise parts. The two fans of the DirectCUII 660ti would be ideal for this. The heatsink design with heatpipes at the top also looks like it will offer better cooling than your standard 660ti.

- The clocking are higher than your typical 660ti, which should give it an edge in gaining higher frame rates over competitor's 660tis.

- I am also looking at getting a larger monitor (currently running an old 19") and would like a GPU that can handle higher resolutions with AA. A the DirectCUII 660ti should be able to deliver such an experience to me.

- I've used ASUS motherboards in the past with no issues, might as well stick an ASUS video card in there as well!

Otherwise I am looking for a more stable GPU than my current EVGA GTX 560ti which occasionally gives me issues. I mainly want a PC that works all the time.

Last edited:
I'm looking to upgrade from my sli gtx 280's. A 660 i is thecard that I'm in the market for. I also have an Asus monitor that has not had a single problem, ever.

• 20% cooler and vastly quieter performance than reference.
  • Acclaimed DIGI+ VRM with 6-phase Super Alloy Power technology
  • GPU Tweak utility helps you modify and tune clock speeds, voltages, and fan performance

The price/performance is great with the 660Ti cards and my aging GPU could sure use an upgrade! I like that it is still packing the same 1344 CUDA cores as its bigger GTX 670 brother, and the power efficiency for gaming is promising (though I will admit to being curious how much of a hit things like F@H would take since consumer kepler is not optimized for GPGPU?).

-Highest GPU OC boost, better cooling and quieter than any other 660 in the market thanks to DirectCU II cooling design.
-High quality parts with 6 phase power improving efficiency and stability.
-Software to tweak the voltage, clock speed and fan speed which it can reach the performance of a 670.
-Plethora of outputs like 2 DVI, HDMI, display port and better multi-monitor support than previous generations.
-Kickass design.
-All the goodies that the 600 series offers: Adaptive Vsync, FXAA, TXAA, PhysX, PCIE 3.0, DirectX 11.

And it's ASUS. Enough said.

what isn't there to like about it, you get almost GTX 670 performance for much lower price. but specifically i like the cooler design for the performance and being able to get that performance at a very low noise level which will do nicely with F@H even though their performance isn't where it should be yet.

indeed, the super alloy power!

If i had it i would take down a 670 standard without problems..

The ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II video card is built to impress. Its DIGI+VRM digital power design is better than traditional analog power regulator. Overclock or not, this card is more stable and power efficient than other brands of GTX 600 Ti. The heat pipes and double fans on this card just scream quality. I was unaware that ASUS makes cards like this. Thanks for the contest, and for setting the bar high for the consumers.

The feature which it should contain in order to make me happy is "ASUS GeForce" in the name. :)

Two of the Asus cards overclocked in SLI would never over heat with Asus' DirectCU II heat-sinks. I could see myself gaming with a rig like that!

I love the ability to run at idle clocks with multiple monitors, love overall temps and better performance than my 560ti.

FXAA, TXAA and DisplayPort 1.2 support are nice too, plus having the DirectCU II heatpipes and improved
super alloy power should mean a quiet part that is reliable.

Overall it will be a great prize for anyone to win. Good Luck all.

Asus has proven againand again that Direct CU is a proven superior design. It provide exemplary cooling, extra headroom to OC the card, and just looks sexy. Regardless of brand, Asus delivers performance, looks, and quality products.

Asus quality and reliability, the great custom cooler will definitely be cooler and quieter than my current card, definitely use less power, and still improve performance. Plus all of the latest bells and whistles like TXAA that would definitely be nice to have. GPU Tweak is also a nice tool to have for overclocking the card to get its maximum potential unleashed.

My computer is in the bedroom, so the the amount of reduced heat from the efficiency of the 660Ti and the 5 heatpiptes of the directCU cooler would really help keep the bedroom cooler. Also, the power of the 660TI and the ability to run Physx will improve my gaming experience, as well as new AA solutions like TXAA to get more visual quality for your 'buck'.

Another benefit to me specifically would be the ability to use some special features with GPU Tweak since I have a ROG Gene-Z motherboard in my SFF system. More options to tweak with is a bonus for any enthusiast, especially with the DIGI+VRM 6 Phase power and high quality components for superior stability when overclocking.

It has everything.. Power, Performance, looks, and affordability! Its at a good enough price point that if I was to win one, I would have to buy another and run SLI for the first time. Plus, Asus and Nvidia make for a great support/driver situation.

6855030103_fa67dae4fd.jpg

Last edited:
Back