[H]ardOCP & ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II Giveaway

The aftermarket fans will keep everything cool to hide from the L85A2 AWS and with it quiet I can sneak up to zombies and bandits easier.

I love Asus and would benefit from having a better, more efficient card than my GTX480 in sli. Asus's cooler would make things much quieter and cooler in my case as well as a boost in performance. Is that good? :D

My little brother wants to build himself a gaming rig for his 18th birthday and an ASUS GTX 660Ti would be a perfect fit for his needs (BF3, Diablo 3, Need For Speed, Skyrim, Crysis 2, etc). The motherboard wouldn't hurt either :D.

Pulse pounding raw gaming horsepower pumping out enough fps to make your eyes bleed!

I need the superior power efficiency and "Tweak n Tune" software!

These two parameters are what set the ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II apart.

My blood currently runs red, but I want it to run green (like Vulcans). My current HD6870 is showing its age, and a video card upgrade will start me on the right path towards upgrading. I have been a fan of ASUS products for years, dating back to my first build in 2000.

I only trust ASUS motherboards and I run ASUS monitors at home and work; now I would love to trust an ASUS video card to satisfy my gaming and folding needs.

Still rocking a 9800GTX so this would be quite an upgrade. Lots more powerful card and less heat and power requirements!

Because with this card, I could sell my GTX680 and give my divorce lawyer my down payment!

Stable and reliable power is very important to me for overclocking. The Asus Super Alloy Power and Digi+VRM is just the thing to separate this card from the rest. Combined with the DurectCU II heatsink and dual fans, this card is an overclockers dream.

Better efficiency and more power than my GTX 580. Which is quite impressive. A massive and beautiful cooler that shames all competitors. Asus is as good of a company you can find in the industry. In all this is the type of card we all salivate for!

Give me the card and I will eliminate your competition, increase your stock's worth, make Curiosity use its lasers to print a giant Asus logo on the surface of Mars and also buy you lunch.

Asus always makes quality products. The Asus 660Ti has a sexy, black, look that makes women's loins groan with envy. It's dual fan design keeps you and the card cool by grabbing you a beer from it's freezer located on the PCB. It's crafted for performance, it was made by gods.

My ASUS Maximus V Gene needs a Reliable, Stable and Cooling video card. With this ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II i can finally complete my Photoshop & Gaming Computer. ASUS, YOU ROCK AND THANKS!!

Reduce power use from my current 460 768MB SLI set. Reduce noise and get much better performance.

The Direct CU II cooling sounds awesome... on paper, though! Nice & quiet and I've been putting off buying a DX11 card, so this should be the one!

A new Asus 660 Ti would help MY gaming by helping me prepare for future games and crank out every FPS possible. With support for PCI-Express 3.0, DirectX 11.1, CUDA, and PhysX I will be able to get the most out of all my games. With new games like Boarderlands 2 coming out soon with advanced PhsX support I will be able to get the full experience I was meant to as a gamer.

The new card will also help keep my system cooler, quieter, and more efficient allowing me to play longer. All of this with legendary Asus build quality and support I dont see how I could go wrong as a gamer.

Hands down the cooler will be the big feature for me.
I live in a warm climate, so the better cooling I can get...

The ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti DirectCU II is so fast, it leaves my opponents in lag.

NVSurround....need I say more? My 5970 runs like...well how you would expect a 3 year old card to run. Needless to say, frame rates on on Skyrim, Batman: Ark and MW3 at 5760x1080 are NOT what one would call "pleasing". My video is dated and needs the update desperately.

However, if you think trying to run triple monitors on a 3yr old car is bad....wait till you hear what it's plugged into: :eek:

My current eVGA NV680i MB is a dinosaur and would also greatly benefit from the Maximus update. Currently running a Q6600 2.4 at 3.2ghz and the entire package is on it's last legs. Being overclocked for oh, 5 years tends to wear out a processor. =/ . The Maximus would also let my SSDs actually run at 6Gbs instead of the bottlenecked 1.5Gbs at which they current limp along.

In short, my gear has been running balls out for too long. But with baby #2 6mths away....I don't see any upgrades in my near future. This combo would go a LONG ways at making a complete system upgrade possible.

Oh, and either of these would go a long ways in helping ease the pain of ASUS not repairing my wife's MB because it was 2 weeks out of warranty. :mad: Yes I know my shit is 3yrs old and I shouldn't have been upset for it to die just weeks after the warranty ended. But I was unemployed for 16mths and I am 6mths into paying down $15k in debt from relocate my family. I just don't have expendable cash to put towards pcs anymore.

So yeah...Kyle...ole' buddy...do a believer in your oldschool QuakeCon workshops (the current PC Perspective knockoffs just don't hold a candle to the days of you destroying that console on stage with your [H] hammer) a solid and hook a brother up. I promise to wear the old school [H] baseball cap I caught back in '04 (which I proudly display on my office bookshelf to this day) for a month solid!

PS.) Man....can't believe it's been 8 yrs since you destroyed that console. That was a spectacular show that year! :D

I just want a new card to throw into my HTPC since steam big screen mode is coming out and I'll shift to 100% PC gaming and toss the consoles. The fact that the test system used under 300watts under load is a plus.

Nearly 16% faster clocks out of the box than the reference 660 ti thanks to the quality six-phase Super Alloy Power upgrades, and GPU Tweak tuning software. The ASUS Direct CU coolers are practically legendary now for keeping the card cool and (more importantly in my opinion) nearly silent as the grave.

Apart from the improvements mentioned above courtesy of ASUS, I've haven't had an Nvidia card since the 6800gt and would love to see the benefits of a smoother gameplay experience in my favorite games like Battlefield 3. Being a father of 4, I could replace my tired 6950, and put the old card to use in the family pc so I can train my boys how to own noobs properly. Someone needs to get these kids hooked on PCs instead of silly consoles for future product demand, am I right? ;)

i feel that the superior cooling from the doubble fans and heat pipes are what makes asus gtx660 videocard the best on the market

I'd be upgrading from dual AMD 5850s. I'd buy a second and third one and play Guild Wars 2 in 3D and have a bunch of fun setting everything up. :D It's a huge improvement for a bunch of reasons:

- I'm sick to death of the catalyst drivers. Profiles don't work for crap (and I have no hope for the future with them) and it makes switching between crossfire+eyefinity mode and regular graphics mode (4x monitors in a specific configuration for work) a real pain in the butt.

- Both the mobo and video cards are gonna make me want to build a new rig. I was going to skip this generation of processors waiting for Haswell because Ivy Bridge didn't seem all that impressive. But with this? Shoot, definitely building a new rig. Good thing for the [h]ard newegg buying links. :) I'd be passing my current rig along to my younger brother. He's still on a core 2 duo and has my hella-old 9800GX2.

- I want to go three-way SLI. I've never done it before.

- I wanna overclock it! It looks like this one's really good at dissipating heat.

- And most importantly: I want the bragging rights. It'd make me feel real good and the rest of my guild real jealous. :)

Code:
 mmmmm                                "
 #    #  m mm   mmm    mmmm   mmmm  mmm    m mm    mmmm
 #mmmm"  #"  " "   #  #" "#  #" "#    #    #"  #  #" "#
 #    #  #     m"""#  #   #  #   #    #    #   #  #   #
 #mmmm"  #     "mm"#  "#m"#  "#m"#  mm#mm  #   #  "#m"#
                       m  #   m  #                 m  #
                        ""     ""                   ""
 mmmmm    "           #        m
 #   "# mmm     mmmm  # mm   mm#mm   mmm
 #mmmm"   #    #" "#  #"  #    #    #   "
 #   "m   #    #   #  #   #    #     """m
 #    " mm#mm  "#m"#  #   #    "mm  "mmm"
                m  #
                 ""

Last edited:
It will eliminate the bottleneck in my current system and the way it deals with heat is amazing!!

With the ASUS DirectCU II thermal design and NVIDIA Adaptive Vertical Sync the ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti offers the best gaming experience of any mainstream video card!

Going from a GTX580 to a GTX660 will make my house cooler. Arizona Summer+GTX580=stay away

I want one to put in my girlfriends PC so she'll continue to have huge amounts of sex with me.

This would be a perfect card to upgrade my brothers computer to handle Borderlands. Love the DirectCu II cooler on it, will keep it nice and cool and quiet, which is always important. Also Asus quality is always top, have always trusted their products.

Lucid Logic virtual vsync and no more screen tearing without have to use regular Vsync! Sign me up! :D

The DirectCu II cooler to keep the card cool and quiet while overclocking.

Long time AMD fan looking to build a new set up. This would be a great start for my new rig.

i value quiet computing above all else. dcuII seems to be the best/quietest cooler i've read about.

Back