[H]ardOCP & ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II Giveaway

The raw processing power means I can *finally* see what Crysis looks like with *everything* turned up to eleven. :)

I'm looking forward to a new 600-series nVidia card for the efficient performance it provides, not to mention the simply outstanding value for us gamers. This kind of performance at its price point is a boon for those of us with limited budgets and high aspirations when it comes to hardware performance. Plus, the drivers are SO much better than the stuff out of AMD lately. Bring it on!

DX11.

Cooler than stock cooler.

More RAM than my current cards.

And it is way afster than my GTX 460 768MB.

These cards have amazing efficiency, sip power, produce less heat, and run through game for low bucks. What this would do for me, is allow me to be more productive at work, play games when I am not there, and not allow me to worry when I am paying the electric bill either!!!

This would make a great addition to my daughters computer. Be quieter and the GPU uses less power than what she has now. Thanks.

What could be said that has not allready been said? Everything from better cooling to power efficiency is what Im after. On top of I never win anything. So, this would really be a cool first time win... thingy.

Besides the out-of-the-box overclock, the DirectCU II cooling coupled with the DIGI+ VRM should allow for some very nice overclocks beyond the other OEM solutions. Meanwhile the GPU Tweak coupled with the 28nm process would help keep power in check (using less than HALF the power of my 6970 at full load) while pumping out more performance and keeping my system from melting under these drought inflated temps. Add in support for Nvidia surround, PhysX, adaptive overclocking and a stable driver platform all delivered by a quality driven manufacturer, hell yea I would take 1 (or 2 for SLI)! :D

One of these to replace my old card, keep my tri-monitor setup for some surround action (without an annoying tearing line going through my monitor whenever there is movement), higher FPS once overclocked and tweaked as high as possible and Maybe I can get back my kill/death ratio to positive in BF3, cause the frame skipping is seriously affecting my gameplay (i.e. I currently suck because of a flipbook slideshow). And if I can do all this without melting the thermostat, then maybe my wife will quit yelling at me to get her another glass of sweet tea cause she is too hot (very disturbing to gameplay).

So to round this out, IF I had this I could get:

Better performance
More immersive gameplay
Better electric bill
Longer battery backup runtime
Cooler system operation
Lower room temp
More tea for me, if out of Dew
Wife less bitchy (possibility, mileage may vary)
I might get sex and a sandwich, or the finger and a breadmaker thrown at me (depends on if she reads this) :D

Last edited:
Quiet performance, cool running, and easy tweaking with the GPU tweak utility make this card a great choice . Would also be interesting to instrument up and check out the evaporator and condenser temperatures .

I want this card for the great quiet and cool heatsink/fan setup it provides (in 2 slots, thx ASUS!), and specifically the 660ti for its great performance in a smaller package for us mid towers and having Physx for those Nvidia titles. Hyped for Borderlands!

the ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti DirectCU II will help my gaming experience by

1 the cooler on it is top notch and when your rig is right next to the bed when you wife is sleeping having a quiet cooler is a must for long night gaming

2 wife would get my old card so she stops bugging me about getting her a new card:)

3 ASUS rma is top notch so you have piece of mind for your killer card

I think the best thing for me will be the improved Physix that comes with the card as well as a double fan to allow better heat dissipation!!

Axe

I've been rocking a GTX 280 for about two+ years now. I just rebuilt my computer and a new video card is the last part I need. I think the 660ti would be a fine addition :D

My gameplay will be enhanced by a video card that runs quieter, thus allowing me to hear those footsteps easier without a giant noise-canceling headphone, the ability to force Vsync via the drivers, which makes turning smoother, and thus easier to spot where the enemies are faster, and proper, bug free DX11 support in windows 8, without the flickering random visual "black shadow" artifacts, and of course, high OC possibilities, which will let me raise the resolution for an even more detailed picture in FPS games.

The Asus GTX660 Ti would give me a great gaming card and keep in line with my heat dissipation and noise levels that I am looking for,

Like a lot of us out there, we 660ti would be a tremendous upgrade (running a 550ti currently). However, unlike a lot of the gamers at Hardocp, I value cooling and silence more so than to have the top performance.

I value a card's cooling ability because of personal experience, my old 8800gtx had an idle temp of 75C and used to go over 100C while gaming. That scared me, it was definitely one of the factors that killed it in the end, and I don't want that to happen again.
I see great value in a designer's effort to mitigate noise, and that is because I have my tower on my desk, and fan noises sure distracts.

Got to do it right with the Asus DirectCU

I've liked my previous asus cards, and it's getting time to upgrade. the cooler loks like a nice design.

my girl friends computer could use a new video card, the 6870 has a hard time pushing the newer games at 1080p.

Well, the ASUS GTX 660Ti DirectCU II would, in every way, be better than my G92 based video card....:p The ASUS Maximus V couldn't hurt either ;)

The quality components used in ASUS' DCII models give reliability and peace of mind, while the DCII cooler is efficient giving you the ability to squeeze more out of the card when needed through overclocking, all the while remaining quiet and not drawing unwanted attention. :)

Direct CU II's cooling performance is something that is much needed in the tropics. Couple that with Asus' rock solid customer support and quality parts; this card is exactly what I need.

I wish to run Crysis.. Winning this will put me one step closer to that possibly unattainable goal..

Viva La False Hope!

All Right

20238310.jpg

Thanks to the DirectCU thermal design the ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II video card will keep your temperatures in check and the DIGI+ VRM with 6-phase Super Alloy Power provides clean and stable power delivery when the action gets heavy. Its all brought together with the GTX 660 Ti core which provides exceptional value and fantastic performance. The ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II video card is the perfect package.

Massive framerate increase over my Asus HD7750. Awesome cooling to boot, and matches my Maximus Gene V perfectly ;)

Back