[H]ardOCP & ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II Giveaway

I can't deny their line of DirectCu II coolers are very nice and quiet.

This card will be a great addition to my new system build that i have been peicing together when i get to Germany next week for my deployment. Help a soldier out i need a card!

DirectX 11 and a powerful GPU to improve tessellation performance are going to make my gaming experience wonderful.

It won't raise my room temperature by 10 degrees, and it will also be a thousand times less deafening than my current video card.

The ASUS GTX 660 Ti DirectCU II's improved clock speeds and superior cooling combined with ASUS's legendary reputation and support compared to nVidia's reference plus other competitors GTX 660 Ti cards would be a very welcomed upgrade for my current GTX 460.

Who wouldn't want a higher performing, cooler, quiet video card backed by the company we have all trusted since the dawn of the start button?

I have been rocking a HD5770 for over a year and it has treated me well. I would love to be able to max out all my games again while having a cool, quiet, and low power use. This sounds perfect for that.

Some points to mention that I consider to be very appealing are below. Also ASUS has the ability to make the coolest and quietest gaming experience in terms of video cards. Their sleek and intelligent engineering have redeeming qualities both technically and aesthetically. I personally buy ASUS video card and have for quite some time.

- PhysX
- Boost technology
- ASUS power and efficiency

Good look to everybody participating and stay [H] :)

Bother - I missed that it was US & Canada only. Or was that a later edit? I hope ASUS will reconsider.

The new Kepler architecture would enhance my ability to conduct research using the GPU parallel computing architecture while cutting down on the amount of power and the heat I deal with on my ancient video card I use now. The gaming breaks would be a vast improvement as well!!

Well, it's big and mean lookin' for starters. Also has two fans, which is nice I suppose.

Also, ASUS seems to make pretty quality stuff. After seeing an ASUS rep talk to people about how much thought they put into manufacturing stuff for usability's sake, I have a fair bit of respect for them.

It has the perfect ratio of performance / watt. I love gaming knowing I am not going to be charged an arm and a leg on my power bill and that my computer isn't acting like a space heater!

I have been using ATI sense the All-In-Wonder days and my 5850 is getting pretty old, I would like to see if Physx in my gaming can make me change my brand.

I am currently fighting a losing battle with heat on my current video card. This new ASUS card would replace my aging XFX card and take care of my system locking up after an hour or so of gaming.

This card sounds great. Excellent cooling, quiet, and overclockability.
I'll easily put this card to good use! I'm sure it won't break a sweat with any game you throw at it.

IT WILL PWN!!!!!

The GTX 660 will beat out the ATI 7850 that I got because I was being cheap at the time.
I've also been very interested in the DirectCU II for a while now.

This thing comes with a high core clock, and I bet it has even more headroom with that beast of a cooler on it. Send one over here and I'll find out how far it will go.

Having had an Asus DirectCU 6950 in my rig for the last year and a half I can safely say that I would love to replace it with the new 660ti DirectCUII card. The benefits I currently receive from my card are things I have become accustomed to and find hard to replace.

I have been a die hard water cooling fan for ages and have run a custom loop consisting of a total of 600x120mm of radiator space along with custom blocks. The prime reason for water over air cooling was and is noise reduction and overclockability. I always watercooled my video cards until I got the Asus 6950 and still planned on later buying a water block for it. However after using the DirectCU cooler for about a week I realized I could not justify spending another $150 on a waterblock. The card already ran very cool, very quiet and even with voltage mods (using Asus' very nice custom tools) I was able to overclock beyond what other cards were normally reaching.

The 660ti DirectCUII comes with the same astounding custom cooling, voltage controls via GPU Tweak and reliability that their custom DIGI+ VRM power circuitry provides that I have come to expect from Asus cards. Congratulations to whoever wins these excellent cards and I hope you enjoy them as much as I would.

Thanks,
-George

This will make a great foundation for my new system. Mine is now 5 years old and still going strong and all ASUS. the fact that I've had it so long is all ASUS fault for making such great parts:D

For Physx, Generally good driver support, low power consumption, to buy another and SLI, and can't forget because it would be really cool to win a nice video card.

I usually go for the reference design graphic cards, but when I got my GTX460 Direct CU, I loved how quiet and efficient it was. The new design is amazing and even when used at max is quiet even at max settings. Would love to have a GTX660 Ti based on this design, Asus knows what they are doing.

In for the contest :D I've always been a big fan of Asus video cards and the DC2 has always been cool and quiet - which is why I like asus cards. If I had to pick a feature of ASUS cards that I really love it is the cool, quiet operation - and also the fact that some DC2 cards have the VGA hotwire feature. People think reference is quiet - it really isn't because once you overclock, you have to ramp that manual fan up and then it gets hot loud and noisy. Not so with the DC2 - DC2 will remain quiet even at high fan settings and OCed which isn't the case with reference cards.

Put simply, the DC2's are fantastic pieces of engineering. Also: should mention that i'm an asus fanboy, asus motherboard, asus soundcard, asus blu ray burner, why not throw an asus gpu in as well.

Last edited:
My GTX 460s are hot (100 degrees+ in Furmark! I'm scared! and Zotac tells me this is within their regular temperature range) and loud and not very fast. The efficiency and power of the GTX 660 Ti, while being quiet, would benefit my college room gaming greatly. Broke college students can't afford new cards!

As a gaming community leader, the new ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti will help me be able to play all the latest games which in turn won't leave me behind the rest of my community. I've been needing to upgrade and this would be the perfect VGA for the job!

I want that card because it will fit perfectly with my new build. the new Asus gtx 660ti offer's a quiet and better power consumption than my current video card. There heat pipe design is the best i have ever seen. Plus Asus is known for there quality and robust software features.

definitely looking forward to DirectCU keeping the rig quiet while still having a beast of a vid card

A video card that would perform and keep it cool while remaining quiet? AWESOME!

And I use my video card to fold on down time so any power that I save for that would just be a sweet bonus.

This card is cheaper and faster than my previous card and I'd really like to switch to Nvidia just to see the difference. It's been a long time since I've used an Nvidia card and even though its silly I really want this for the PhysX in Borderlands 2 :p.

To improve my experience:
Power (I currently use a NVIDIA 260 GTX 896MB)
Tweak-ability
Additional display ability.

My current card maxes out on Team Fortress 2 due to 1920x1200 resolution. I can't play BF3 on anything other than low and still get 5-10 fps in combat. For the non-gaming aspect, I am getting into coding and need the additional display output. Lastly, I've always heard good things about ASUS and would like some ASUS hardware to fiddle with.

Why do I want it? Simply because my system only gets the best... and Asus has no equal.

Dx11, power consumption, cooling and raw horsepower are all better than my GTX260.

And if you give me the card I'll follow up with my own [H]ard gester and give the 560ti I just bought used in the fs section to my brother so he can game with me again!

The dual DVI outputs will help a lot with my preferred usage of my computer, that being digital photography. Having an older system makes it difficult to add a second monitor without adding a second card.

1) Replace my horribly old 5850!!!
2) asus on asus mobo
3) reduced power consumption
4) reduced case temps
5) BF3 on WAY higher settings

I need one of the babies badly!

All of this.

DirectCU thermal design utilizes direct contact copper heatpipes so heat is dissipated efficiently, delivering a 20% cooler and vastly quieter performance than reference.
Acclaimed DIGI+ VRM with Super Alloy Power technology delivers precise digital power and enhanced durability for stable overclocking and smooth gaming.
GPU Tweak utility helps you modify and tune clock speeds, voltages, and fan performance via an intuitive interface.

How will it improve my gameplay? Higher\smoother fps. Quieter so I can hear the bastards sneaking up on me. Physx for enhanced graphics.

Last edited:
this card has the power to allow me to enable more skyrim mods and allow me to play games in full screen mode on my transformer prime using splashtop.

Back