[H]ardOCP & ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II Giveaway

I am gay for ASUS, this is all that should matter.

Also the cooling system on the DirectCU series of cards is simply badass.

Better performance than my 7850 and along with it better drivers :D

Can't wait to play Borderlands 2 and experience NVIDIA PhysX

The temperatures, power efficiency and overclockability in that order. I sure could use one of these to bring me back to team nV...

I currently have an ASUS Direct CU HD6950 2Gb. NVidia cards have the benefit of PhysX support, which I will really want for playing Borderlands 2.

The 660Ti is also a fairly good upgrade from the HD6950, and now that NVidia Surround supports monitors in portrait, I could have both PhysX and keep my current monitor layout.

Also, if I get chosen for the 660Ti, I'll pass my HD 6950 on to someone who needs it.

Last edited:
looks like a lot of us ATI/AMD users are looking at this card as an upgrade to our aging cards. great new features, performance and reviews, is enough to make me consider ditching my sapphire 5850 for something like this, depending upon the pricing.

I would like to be able to attend a raid without having my video card heat my house,
cook eggs or hand me an electrical bill large enough to cover expenses of a small country.
All the while my neighbors are frantically dialing the cops to report noise violations.

-What? Don’t stand in the fire?
-No I’m sorry I can’t hear you, the sirens are so loud. I think the police is here.

4 days later

-Hi guys I’m sorry I had to miss a raid.
-I couldn’t be there! I was arrested!
-No, they had me in Stockades. Yes, that one, right under Stormwind.
-Well I can’t keep my mind on raiding when that orc’s been looking
at me like that for 3 days.

-I know none of it would be happening if I had the new Asus GTX 660 Ti.
-Yes I know, I have to upgrade.

The Asus DCU2 technologies would help to give my system a cooler and quieter environment. With that environment I could then use Asus' GPU tweak to tweak my gpu to higher performing standards than even a stock GTX 670. This would improve my experience through gameplay smoothness and increased visual quality. Further, with one 660Ti in my system I could expand up to triple SLI as my computer ages to help extend its longevity as a legitimate gaming PC! I could also use the GPU to expand to a triple monitor setup to further deepen the immersiveness of my games. The list of features on the card is vast and similarly the opportunity those features provide for system improvement are seemingly endless.

All in all the 660Ti DCU2 affords any system improvements in all areas from gameplay smoothness and visual quality to a cooler and quieter environment. It would be a pleasure and priviledge to have in any system.

physx support,
great cooler (cools effectively and silently),
DIGI+ and Super Alloy Power for better OC and voltage control ]---> power efficiency!,
great performance!

My case is set up to move a lot of air. So I use air cooling on my video card as well. And given the way this cooling solution is setup I think it'll benefit over the reference cooler on my current AMD 6970 setup.

I would like to have the increase in performance from my GTX 560 with the added benefit of being more quiet.

What do I like about the cards? The fact that I can win a Maximus V Formula with them! More Asus producs is never a bad thing.

DirectCU II cards are quiet beasts. I'd pop this one in my living room pc for some seriously upgraded gaming.

Quality and performance served with a generous side of eye candy.

You cant go wrong with the factory clocked Core that's well over a Ghz faster than the reference board. The dust proof fans are a really nice feature for extended use down the road (dust can be a royal pain). This would make a really nice upgrade from my current aging GPU.

Jeff

As a person *shivers* still using an 8800gts video, Bumping up to a 660ti would be a HUGE performance boost. simple as that. :)

I'm looking to replace an aging AMD 5 series card and need something to push my Dell 30" in today's games!

for mercury playback engine in Adobe Master Collection CS6 - still no open CL and my AMD 5870 is getting old.

This would be a great increase over my ASUS EAH5770 CUCore/2DI/1GD5 card that I currently use. It (GTX 660Ti) has double the memory, double the bandwidth to say the least. I would love to replace the 5770 especially for performance increase in BF3.

There are numerous features which will enhance my gaming experience.
First and foremost is the ability to run my games at 2560x1600. While I have had a Dell 3007 since 2010, here are hardly any games I can play at native resolution with any bells and whistles due to having an older graphics card (BFG GTX 285).
The switch to PCI 3.0 will also be nice, especially on a motherboard that would support it (potentially even in SLI).
reduced power and reduced noise also means that I can keep gaming late at night without disturbing my family and make my wife happier about our electric bill.
Finally, having a card made by a company who will provide warranty support is enormous. While BFG was still making graphics cards they were great,but I lost that support when they went out of the graphics segment.

• Service
  • DirectCU II Cooler
    1. Thermal Performance
    2. Noise Levels
    3. Overclockability
  • Tessellation Performance
  • Adaptive/Dynamic V-Sync
  • Bullet Points

660 will definitely increase my Uber BF3 skills by giving me a much bigger e-peen!

A: Quieter card, B: I am an Asus Fanboy (laptop, mobo, everything I can get), C: I currently am stuck on red team and would love to go back to the greener side of the fence.

ASUS's quality and reputation, DX 11 eyecandy, simple Overclocking capabilities!!!

Free
ASUS
comes with a new MB to boot............
I never win anything.

What's not to like.:D

For this card specifically:

*the great cooler
*less power consumption than my 570
*crazy overhead for overclocking
*the fact that it's *really* close to a 670 in performance for a much more competitive price for us family guys
*that cooler is dead-sexy

Asus Awesomeness!

Power
Cooling
It's good to see a card that would actually use my case's roomy interior.
This would be a perfect addition to my custom case project ( http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1685947 ) . Since I'm getting married I haven't been able to get the money to buy components like this.

P.S.
It would match all my other Asus stuff. ROG FTW!

Last edited:
Badly need to upgrade my ageing 8800 GT !!
I want DX11 and the 660 Ti has awesome power vs performance ratio :)
Plus, ASUS makes the best graphic cards with its DirectCU II coolers !!!

Like a few others here I am saddled with older hardware, although my 6 year old Dell is a bit of a useless monster. This would allow me to have a modern, DirectX 11 GPU based card to build a new system around that has quiet, cool and high end graphic features, all in a single package.

I only run cards with non-reference coolers, and the ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti Direct CU II stands out from its competition!
  • DirectCU custom cooler for cooler AND quieter overclocking
  • GPU Tweak to allow a novice overclocker like myself to maximize my GTX 660's performance safely and easily.

I am a big fan of ASUS' build quality for their GPUs and of course the low power consumption of the GTX 660Ti DirectCU II.

I can't say enough about how important it is the product you buy reflect the pride the company has in it.

The DirectCU II will help this card like my dad always said 'keep it coolie'. With this beast of a cooling solution on my new Asus GTX660 TI-DC2-2GD5 :D, I will be able to push this card to 1033MHz core clock speed, making it the fastest 660 TI on the market.

Last edited:
Back