[H]ardest Homemade 360 Swing Ever

Look like great fun.

I wonder if it needs to be calibrated for the weight of the person...
or if you added a brake, you could have one person on each end!

I should have recorded my buddy in high school, he was (still is) an inventor and lives completely off grid, developed a magnetic bow rest like 15 years ago. Man, he has some cool stuff at his house. Crazy, but way cool. It's always fun to go over there. Last time I stopped by he was on his way to repairing a solar cell - using a ladder bolted to his tractor bucket sigh-, he was headed off across the field in a motorized wheel chair. Not the cool kind, just some like freaking dryer motors and drill batteries in a broken down free wheelchair. Such funny!

Totally reminds me of this guy, they even look similar. These are the dudes caught building reactors in the back yard. How is even possible? Oh, it's possible.

Colin has some awesome stuff, think he did a drift trike and a motor scooter with a pit bike motor in it and stuff.

Wonder if his neighbors really enjoyed having that in their backyards, lol

Wow. he brags about there being no safety straps. Hopefully he or someone else doesn't just happen to faint or fall off when 10m above the ground and land on their heads.

Definitely [H]ard as hell though :D

Love Colin's stuff, but every time I see his name in a headline I assume it's because he killed himself on one of his contraptions.

I was expecting him to strap a rocket onto his back and ride this thing. Why did he not do that?

When he says he has been turning up the Internet to 11 since 2006, I believe it! Colin is awesome. Got into his channel when he built the pulse jet vehicles.

Look like great fun.

I wonder if it needs to be calibrated for the weight of the person...
or if you added a brake, you could have one person on each end!

It has a brake. Look at the top bar. Looks like a disc brake setup from a motorcycle.

Wow. he brags about there being no safety straps. Hopefully he or someone else doesn't just happen to faint or fall off when 10m above the ground and land on their heads.

Definitely [H]ard as hell though :D

Heh, I probably wouldn't be using straps either. If you are strapped in and something breaks, you can't just jump off and would most likely get very seriously injured or dead instead.

At least I didn't when I climbed a tree in order to top it off with a McCulloch Pro Mac 10-10 chainsaw. One handing an all-metal chainsaw with a 20" bar is not very fun.

Had to be done though so the tree wouldn't take out the roof of the house when I cut it down.

Heh, I probably wouldn't be using straps either. If you are strapped in and something breaks, you can't just jump off and would most likely get very seriously injured or dead instead.

At least I didn't when I climbed a tree in order to top it off with a McCulloch Pro Mac 10-10 chainsaw. One handing an all-metal chainsaw with a 20" bar is not very fun.

Had to be done though so the tree wouldn't take out the roof of the house when I cut it down.
Hehe, as long you are not sitting on the branch you are cutting, its a tiny tiny bit "safe".
Professionals do it so easy though.

Yeah.. bucket trucks are very helpful for that type of stuff.
I had a hispanic guy trim some limbs and he had some sort of strap to wrap around the tree and some sort of ninja spikes he wore around his boots and calfs.

Anyone else imagining a foolish neighbor kid jumping his fence, trying this thing out, and then being found one day, and one block over, splattered against someone's roof?

Thankfully he is in the UK. Here in the US, he would get sued just for putting up the video because some dumb arse would do a poor job of copying him, manage to off themselves, and then have the family sue.

The YouTube culture is the platform of self aggrandizement.
I can't help but believe it is bad for the culture as a whole.

Anyone else imagining a foolish neighbor kid jumping his fence, trying this thing out, and then being found one day, and one block over, splattered against someone's roof?

Thankfully he is in the UK. Here in the US, he would get sued just for putting up the video because some dumb arse would do a poor job of copying him, manage to off themselves, and then have the family sue.

They have lawyers in the UK too.

UK Lawyers.jpg

The lawsuit system in the UK is very different from that in the US. Whole different rugby game.

That being said, that kind of lawsuit wouldn't get off the ground in the US because of the 1st Amendment. At the very least, he would have to be selling those swings to get sued.

The lawsuit system in the UK is very different from that in the US. Whole different rugby game.

That being said, that kind of lawsuit wouldn't get off the ground in the US because of the 1st Amendment. At the very least, he would have to be selling those swings to get sued.
I don't know. I've heard that a trespasser can sue you if they get injured on your property.

From Can an Injured Trespasser Sue?
It is incredibly rare for a trespasser to successfully sue a property owner for an injury, but it is not unheard of. Generally speaking, if someone trespasses on your property and they get hurt, you will not be liable. You are free from blame unless:

• You have acted violently or aggressively toward the intruder, which causes injury.
  • You have been grossly negligent and/or expect that trespassers may enter your property. For instance, if you know about a serious property hazard and you take no steps to post a warning, you could be liable.

Half of me thinks that is cool as hell and half of me thinks this guy will be found in a neighbors attic all dead n shit. Just an outline pattern of his body as a hole in the roof. Trebuchet Power!!!

Back