[H]ard|OCP Video Card Bench Methods

thebski

Limp Gawd
Hey guys,

I currently have 2 EVGA GTX 570 SC's in SLI and on Thursday I have 3 EVGA GTX 670 FTW's coming. I am wanting to do some benchmarks to compare the 670's in SLI vs Tri-SLI both all at stock speeds and all at their max overclocks. I'm hoping to be able to do this to identify how limited 2GB is going to be. If there are memory bottlenecks anywhere, I expect them to show up looking something like this:

SampleBenchmarkGraph.jpg

These are obviously just numbers I put in an Excel spreadsheet, so these are not actual game play results.

I really like [H]ard|OCP's method of testing real world game play rather than just running canned benchmarks, and I want to do the same. My question is, how do they get the same stretch of game played at exactly the same times when running different cards to be able to compare? Do they somehow set up a loop and just re run it, or are they actually playing the game each time?

I have today off work and I was just going to do some practice runs on my 570's to get my methods set up before Thursday when my new cards get here.

Any help is much appreciated!

Back