[H]ard|OCP & [H] Enthusiast cause Firefox to crash!

Arctucas

n00b
Okay, here are the particulars:

FF v1.5.0.11

Installed extensions:
xmod 0.6.7
netcrafttoolbar 1.1.1.7
redirect remover 2.3
ulps 1.2
fasterfox 2.0.0
stealther .098
flashblock 1.5.3
clear private data 0.2.1
no-referrer 1.0.1
show ip 0.8.05
translator 1.0.4.3
distrust 0.6.6
noscript 1.1.4.8.070423

These are latest versions.

Anyway, everytime I visit [H]ard|OCP or [H] Enthusiast Firefox crashes. I saved a copy of the error report, if anyone is interested.

The really strange thing is; I regularly visit a couple dozen or so enthusiast websites/forums, but these two are the only ones that cause this behavior.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

The forums crash FF every time I go to reply and hit enter. It crashes at that point every time without fail. But its only when I fire it up and go to reply.

I have zero problems with FF2, aside from the occasional time-out when clicking Reply and such, and I didn't have any problems with previous versions of Firefox. Dunno what to tell you. Are you using Vista, maybe?

I've never had that many extensions enabled at once. Firefox tends to bog itself down though.

Try disabling a few of those extensions and try again. One of them might be coflicting with the site. You never know.

Yeah, I know I have a lot of extensions. Anyway, using XP SP2, fully updated/patched.

Okay, I'm not using FF2 on that machine (currently on machine at work with FF2, no problems).

I just find it really strange that there are only two sites out of many that cause this behavior. What is so different here?

I guess I'll upgrade to FF2 and see what happens.

Since you're the only once I've heard of having a problem this serious with the forum, it must not be Firefox, unless it is indeed the amount of extensions you have running.

redirect remover 2.3
stealther .098
no-referrer 1.0.1
distrust 0.6.6

Some of those seem like they might be causing problems. I'm using FF2 + NoScript + Adblock [but I don't block the Newegg banner because it's a convenient way of getting there :p] + IEtab + ShowIP, and I've never had a problem with anything.

I suggest that before the thread continues you should read the forum policies on browser plug ins. Just trying to save someone a vacation.

I'd disable all your extensions (temporarily) to see if one/some of them are causing problem.

I was about to post this, and found this thread.

I have the latest FF, and 0 extensions. When posting a reply, my browser frequently closes. No error, no anything. I can restore the session and retrieve the post, but it's quite frustrating. I've had this happen on multiple machines.

The first indication that it's happening, is when I can't use the arrow keys to navigate the cursor through the post. Once I see that, I know it's about to die.

Anyone else out there have this happening?

I was about to post this, and found this thread.

I have the latest FF, and 0 extensions. When posting a reply, my browser frequently closes. No error, no anything. I can restore the session and retrieve the post, but it's quite frustrating. I've had this happen on multiple machines.

The first indication that it's happening, is when I can't use the arrow keys to navigate the cursor through the post. Once I see that, I know it's about to die.

Anyone else out there have this happening?

The forums crash FF every time I go to reply and hit enter. It crashes at that point every time without fail. But its only when I fire it up and go to reply.

Ditto on this. It happens frequently on VBB-based boards. It only happens on the first try to respond to a post. It'll re-open to exactly the page where I was replying, and I can continue posting away for that entire FF session.

I tracked down some specifics of a Firefox-specific [H] bug once, and got an email from Kyle that I should use IE. :eek:

Disable all your add-ons, try again. If that fixes it, start enabling them in batches to see which is responsible. If it still does them with it off, check Java and Flash. If it still does it, try to sort out what component on the page is causing it.

Back