[H]ard|Mowed Over Club..

Does it count if I managed to get Jkellum from under 30 days to pushing him back to next year before he mows me over? Its kinda a reverse mowed over!

Does it count if I managed to get Jkellum from under 30 days to pushing him back to next year before he mows me over? Its kinda a reverse mowed over!

Charter member of the [H]UNMowed|Over Club? :D

I wouldn't mind signing up, but I think I belong in the "stillborn" or "be afraid, very afraid" group. Holy cow, I never stood a chance ....try as I may.

Every little point counts to me. But the big dogs, they walk away from more points than I render.

Drinking my Colt 45's in the corner...with a straw

I wouldn't mind signing up, but I think I belong in the "stillborn" or "be afraid, very afraid" group. Holy cow, I never stood a chance ....try as I may.

Every little point counts to me. But the big dogs, they walk away from more points than I render.

Don't get discouraged, especially if you're just getting started. As you said, every point counts, every work unit counts. Collecting points, competition between individuals and competition between teams is just for fun, you don't get anything for winning a points race, but in the end, when we do find all the cures we seek, we all win, and we can all take pride in knowing that we contributed to the effort. And in the same spirit, the [H]Mowed|Over Club is all in fun. Those of us here have admitted that there is somebody (or many many somebodies) out there that we are unable to compete with, hence getting mowed over. But again, we're all working towards a common goal here.

And one last thought on the topic, I just looked up your numbers, and you're doing about the same as I am, which is to say you're off to a great start.

Don't get discouraged, especially if you're just getting started. As you said, every point counts, every work unit counts. Collecting points, competition between individuals and competition between teams is just for fun, you don't get anything for winning a points race, but in the end, when we do find all the cures we seek, we all win, and we can all take pride in knowing that we contributed to the effort. And in the same spirit, the [H]Mowed|Over Club is all in fun. Those of us here have admitted that there is somebody (or many many somebodies) out there that we are unable to compete with, hence getting mowed over. But again, we're all working towards a common goal here.
Words of wisdom. Great post, alan.

I've come from position ~3300 to 1134 in one month, as soon as I get to 1000 (in 4 days) I'm planning to ramp up more (or at least get these damn GPUs to play nice together) :D

Heading for the top 100 but that's big game ;)

And to think I got to the top 20 producers of Tom's after a few days, I do like a challenge :p

Hell even I started out at about 2k PPD... we all start somewhere!

I sat around the mid 20's, both postion and PpD, for well over 2 years after my inital PpD surge.
It was gain a place , lose a place, etc, etc.
So I do know how you feel.

I'm lucky in the fact that I can afford to alter my farm to take advantage of the high performance clients.
Thats the only reason I've gained places since they've come out.

Luck ........... :D

I think my sarchasm missed it's mark. True, being a n00b sucks and I won't be one forever, but MAN there are some serious PPD junkies out there - WOW!

Not discouraged at all, just adding points to the [H]clan, when I [H]can.

Does it matter... :eek: Of course it matters, just think of all the unfortunate people you are helping with your war of the "titans", plus you get to pee in super tall grass.

I like the statement by Xilikon about building a "anti-mowing shed" it sounds like you're helping to write the book on that. :D

FOLD ON!

I think my sarchasm missed it's mark. True, being a n00b sucks and I won't be one forever, but MAN there are some serious PPD junkies out there - WOW!

Not discouraged at all, just adding points to the [H]clan, when I [H]can.

hehe....trust me, your sarcasm fit's right it. :)

...and yes, this is [H]ardDC. If you don't OC and fold on your toaster you're just not living up to the standard. ;)

hehe....trust me, your sarcasm fit's right it. :)

...and yes, this is [H]ardDC. If you don't OC and fold on your toaster you're just not living up to the standard. ;)

I think I'm just [H]ardUp to catch up....lol

Damn it.... I mowed Dogchainx over last week and think I sparked him. He's down from 5 days to hours away from mowing me over in retribution. I HATE when that happens....

"Honey, can I have the check book? I need another video card.....cause mine sucks."
" NO"
"Please? All the guys have thiers....."
" NO"
heheheh

I got stomped by Mark076h yesterday and the rest of my threat list will blow by me soon enough. I think its time to carry the tag.

jsmack is gonna mow me today , although I've got a 1920 point SMP unit that might make it out on the last train today. perhaps I can [H]old him off another day.

Damn it.... I mowed Dogchainx over last week and think I sparked him. He's down from 5 days to hours away from mowing me over in retribution. I HATE when that happens....

"Honey, can I have the check book? I need another video card.....cause mine sucks."
" NO"
"Please? All the guys have thiers....."
" NO"
heheheh

The first mistake is that you asked... :D

Damn it! Dogchainx mowed me over in big fashion.

Maybe I can sneak a CC transaction without asking the wife first..... That BFG 280GTX for $385@Tiger would look nice covered in dust inside the boxen...

"But honey, sweethart, sugarbuns...."

jritt said:
....She knows who NewEgg is. She knows I am taking her out to dinner tonight
quote stolen from: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1329176&page=2

Damn it! Dogchainx mowed me over in big fashion.

Maybe I can sneak a CC transaction without asking the wife first..... That BFG 280GTX for $385@Tiger would look nice covered in dust inside the boxen...

"But honey, sweethart, sugarbuns...."

quote stolen from: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1329176&page=2

Might I recomend the 260. Your balls wont be in near as much troubble, but with a bit of tweeking you can get 7k out of it.

I am proud of the fact that I have been mowing down a few people myself. Here is my public apology for the mow job. Sorry! really! Can you tell I feel for ya?

As a member of this club for a long time, I feel good to offer some retribution.

:D :) :confused: :eek: :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: :p :p ;) :p :eek: :( :p :D

hmmm Evga GTX 260 for $280.... Might even taker her to a "real" restaurant instead of the buffet at the VFW.....

Might I recomend the 260. Your balls wont be in near as much troubble, but with a bit of tweeking you can get 7k out of it.

Kendrak,

I have a GTX260, been able to get it to 6285. Did a minor overclock to get it there (631 core, 1119 memory, and 1476 on the shaders, can I push it further with stock cooling?) Any advice on getting it to 7K?

Thanks,

SR

samborarocks see if you can push up your shaders a bit more. I have my GTX260 at 621/1512/999 and it is doing 7150 ppd on a p5008 measured by last 3 frames or 7275 ppd with effective rate -Fahmon. You can push further but I have had a hard time pushing the shaders past 1550. If you up the fan speed it should stay cool enough with stock cooling. Mine is only 61C with the fan at 70%.
You might be close to 7k with other work units since your clocks are pretty close to mine. By the way are you running XP or Vista? If your gpu is needing some extra cpu cycles it might not be able to get to 7k. Good luck.

I'd give ya more info but I'm on the beach with my smart phone. Everything HY is good advice. see what ya can do. Core means almost nothing. Focus on the shaders.

With a GTX 260, 1512 is as far I could push without causing a EUE, 1550 is a bit iffy and keep in mind that my card is watercooled. GT200b will hopefully bring better shaders speed and I hope it get released before my step-up expire to get the top of the line.

Damn you XSIBORG, I'm going to get mowed in 3 days ;)

I've got my eye on you too, MarkF001.

I need to find 3k PPD quick :p

Dan-515

I need to find 3k PPD quick!
My 8800 gts 320mb runs at 3900ppd. There is 1400ppd in you hands already from just that card.

clock: 513mhz
memory: 792mhz
shaders:1396mhz

My 8800 gts 320mb runs at 3900ppd. There is 1400ppd in you hands already from just that card.

clock: 513mhz
memory: 792mhz
shaders:1396mhz
Yes indeed but the problem is it won't run full speed in the same rig as the 9800GTX :(

I have the shaders at 1350 so I'm getting 2500 instead of 2200 PPD, if it was running full speed I would expect 3900 PPD as you said :cool:

Kendrak,

I have a GTX260, been able to get it to 6285. Did a minor overclock to get it there (631 core, 1119 memory, and 1476 on the shaders, can I push it further with stock cooling?) Any advice on getting it to 7K?

Thanks,

SR

I am also running my 260 the same as High Yield at 612/1512/999. I have the fan set at 65% and the temperature is about 61-63, usually 61. It's been a nice little infusion of PPD for my anemic output. Sadly it's just new names on my threats list, there are plenty below me with more GPUs. Still in the mowed club.

It was a trifecta! Flattened by:
IcedEmotion
gwarren007
tkheadcase

Soon to run over again by:
Wesleynator

Dead12.gif

Continue on…folding!

That image is almost as good as the possum :D

I may have to join soon. I said if HY overtook me I'd join.

It will be less than a week :eek:

That image is almost as good as the possum :D

I may have to join soon. I said if HY overtook me I'd join.

It will be less than a week :eek:
I'm probably going to join with you around the same time. The Sunin machine is on its way... :eek:

tkheadcase looks to be priming to give us a good mow down as well, and I don't think he is done with his ramp up either.

I better make sure the fridge is good and stocked. Looks like we're going to be adding a few new members in the coming days. :D

Dead12.gif

Guys, get a chair for our new member. Kendrak is joining today :)
I mowed him this morning and then he mowed me right back in retaliation. I think I edged away a little bit. He will probably mow me down again once he gets his new 3 GPU FOLDING MONSTER running.

/starts car....drives to beer store...loads up...

Digital you still have any tamales? We miss you.

Time to get this thread out again. Kendrak is going to be mowing me over in just a day or two. He'll probably put it in reverse and run me down an extra time to return the favor of me mowing him a couple of weeks ago.

poster28332350.jpg

To all the potential new members we will have now that ROC aka AssM@N has joined up there is plenty of beer and tamales here for all!! Fold On!

Back