[H]ard Military Members?

Catuela

Limp Gawd
Originally posted by ReconSniper
Heh, im not a POG. So I guess its a little harder than riding a desk, but a little less rough than if I where an enlisted man.

I'm just messing with ya sir. I'm only saying it because I'm jealous. I have good ol' Camp Lejuene to look foward to when I get outta here :/
I have a real good friend and fellow Sgt. over here in Africa (going home in 2 weeks hellz ya) who is headed over your way in about a month.

Originally posted by q149
I am a soon to be Marine. I ship to MCRD PI 20040209.

q149, Hey man good luck to you, and welcome the best gun club on the planet. Don't worry about boot camp it's a breeze.

Thanks, i can't wait to get out there and earn the title.

mrel threw up his ROTC so I figure I would, I know its nothing compared to servingn in another country our going off to the marines. I'm at the NROTC unit at Auburn Alabama, still haven't decided if I will stay, but I say we are much [H]arder than the Army or Air force ROTC here

i just got out of the army in september of 02. i was 11B 1P
airborne infantry, ranger. i did 6 years at numerous places.

USAF prior Seabee (marine with a light duty chit). I now work on the Global Hawk UAV program in California.
Oh and Lt, I'd rather be an enlisted man any day of the week. And yes I have the education. To each thier own.

:D

Air force brat..
Father served 25 years as a c-130 flight engineer.
I did 4 years of jROTC in HS, before college.

Air Force Vet here. Was overseas during the Gulf War - RAF Lakenheath. Saw alot, and am proud to have served (kinda miss it).

R836, PTE, RMS Clerk, 11th Field Artillery out of Hamilton, Ontario
REMF for a 5-gun battery of 105mm C3 howitzers, HOOYAH.

Former Marine here - Call me "Gunny" (E-7 after 12 years)

Did boot in San Diego - when the Navy was still next door and the DI's could cuss you out and dig you until you dropped. Then it was off to "lovely" 29 Palms for radio repair. Did some time at El Toro, Camp Pendleton, "The Rock" and good ol swampy Camp LeJeune. Hmm - got to be an Airwinger, a grunt, in artillery, tanks, and my fav - Radio Battalion.

I salute all you current and former Military - thanks for siging on that line to defend this country.

Semper Fi -

Tim

Going into the Air Force through AFROTC. That's the one thing I am sure about in my life. Can't wait to serve! I have the upmost respect for you military folks. Especially on this forum, you guys are military and gamers!

USAF here. Joined in '92, was stationed at Edwards, Lakenheath, now Seymour Johnson in NC. Been tdy damn near everywhere though. Oh yeah, jet engine mechanic.

Originally posted by Horus[AB]
...5-gun battery of 105mm C3 howitzers, HOOYAH.

I was in two artillery batteries, both were M198 155mm - not quite as fast a set up as the 105s - but when a full battery going off on target... dang.

I think artillery was my second favorite after radio btn.... loved messing with the ariwaves and tweaking the gear to do so.

Peace,
Tim

Originally posted by JetUsafMech
USAF here. Joined in '92, was stationed at Edwards, Lakenheath, now Seymour Johnson in NC. Been tdy damn near everywhere though. Oh yeah, jet engine mechanic.

Cool ! One of my regular's at my LAN sis stationed out at Fairchild - he works on engines too, the big ones on the refuellers. He's up for a 3 month rotation to the middle east in a few weeks tho :( Gonna miss him and send out thoughts for a safe return.

Peace,
Tim

We canadians...we have no monies to be buying big guns. My bty was supposed to be converting to 88mm Mortars, but we raised holy hell about it, being pretty much the oldest Artillery bty in Canada. 150 years next year!

I'm in my final semester of AFROTC. Commission in May and then I'm off to Tyndall AFB, FL for Air Battle Management training for approx. a year. I'll be the guy in the AWACS or JSTARS telling pilots who to kill. Dad was in USAF and I've been wanting to join since I was 12.

[RCKY] Thor, if you do Field Training at Tyndall, maybe I'll se you there. I did mine there and it was a breeze compared to Lackland (from what I was told). Speaking of which, AFROTC is going to be phasing out FT at Lackland and moving all camps to either Tyndall or Elsworth.

Bah i found out today that my discharge papers are being signed monday...i still have to see the ADC to see if i will be able to come back whenever my medical problem goes away.

Army here, Stationed Darmstadt, Germany, 32nd Signal. Currently here in Iraq, leaving real soon. 1 year here next month!

Im in DEP for the Air Force, I am going to be doing Special Forces.

I leave Aug 17. w00t!

I was in the US Marines for 4 years. Got out as a Corporal. I was a 4066(all purpose computer geek).

Good luck to all you joining up.

U.S. Navy, 9 years. Pilot (don't really like to work for a living).

USAF AD since '93 as Aircraft Communications/Navigations. Been at Altus OK and Hickam HI and now over here in the UK.

USAF here, Tech select(5256 line #). Stationed at travis AFB CA right now. spent some time at Davis-Monthan AFB AZ and RAF Alcondury UK. Been TDY a lot. I'm a crewchief(2A571) on C-5s, C-17s and used to work C-130s. I love it. Ruogh at times (when on long a TDY's) but I wouldn't give it up.

USMC. Cpl Stationed at Miramar. I work with computers all day. The helpdesk kind of takes the fun out of em....5mo left.

Where were you stationed CuelAid?

ThePope

Back