[H]ard Gaming Member Server Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please use this thread for your comments, questions and discussions of your adventures on the [H]ard Gaming Member Servers.

Last edited:
We'll be trying to get a game going on the AlbertaBeef Domination Barebones, Call of Duty Black Ops server, tonight at 7 PM Pacific time.
63.208.142.70 port 3084

Barebones has no killstreaks, perks or weapon attachments
You only get team points for controlling the flags so the basic objective is hold 2 out of the 3 flags
In core mode you have 100% health, so be aware an MPL will take four shots versus an M60's two shots, for a kill at close range.

My steam ID is Nuby1Canuby if you want to connect on that.

We'll probably use our [OFC]Alberta Beef TeamSpeak 3 voice server tonight:
[OFC]AlbertaBeef TS3:
70.65.81.101 port 9987

People playing on OFC game servers are welcome to use our voice servers while gaming.
Rules are: No excessive swearing, flaming, name calling or personal attacks. Mutual respect and civilized conversation is the required norm

Last edited:
Looks like people are looking for a Team Fortress 2 server.
If anybody has one please post the details in the [H]ard Gaming Member server list thread.

I was going to check out the CSS server but the connect button is grayed out to connect to it.

Did anybody from [H]ard|Forum join our Black Ops Domination barebones game tonight?
We had a lot of pubbers play a few games then leave and averaged about 8 players from 7:30 to 9:30.

Can the moderators please rename these 2 threads to [H]ard Forum Member Server List and Discussion, if Kyle doesn't mind us using the [H]ard Forum name?
We can also rename the TeamSpeak 3 server to [H]ard Forum Member server if Kyle doesn't mind the name been used.
Having a different name should avoid confusion with the servers supported by the [H]ard Gamiing Community.

The intent is not to compete with the [H]ard Gaming Community servers but to get the servers listed so they have a chance to get populated.
A lot of them will be older game types that have been running for years.

I think the key is to list the member server details in a thread so people can decide if they want to play on the server beforehand, rather then get a nasty surprise from the limited game browser information.
The advantage is people get exposed to a different game mode then they are used to.
If they like it the server it will be used and not another server shutdown due to a lack of traffic. If not at least it had some exposure before been shutdown.

My understanding was that the [H]ard Gaming Community was for all [H]ard|Forum members.
I don't see why forum member servers should be relegated to a dark corner of the forums where they will never be seen again.
If the community is running the popular team deathmatch game type a capture the flag server shouldn't be in competition with it.

Running a clan for 16 years has taught me people play the games they want and the best servers in the world won't help if they don't like the game.
I believe the more game servers we provide the better we serve the membership.

My understanding was that the [H]ard Gaming Community was for all [H]ard|Forum members.
I don't see why forum member servers should be relegated to a dark corner of the forums where they will never be seen again.
If the community is running the popular team deathmatch game type a capture the flag server shouldn't be in competition with it.

Running a clan for 16 years has taught me people play the games they want and the best servers in the world won't help if they don't like the game.
I believe the more game servers we provide the better we serve the membership.

Ive explained it a few times now. Hard Gaming is for all Hard Forum members.
Forum member servers arent relegated to the dark corner of the forums. You can make this in the PC gaming section where it will get more hits anyway.
Having this list and our own servers is a major conflict of interest. Its not just me the rest of the managers feel the same way.

We want to have our own servers where we can moderate and administrate them. We dont get that with any servers on the list and dont want it. I outlined it pretty well in the PM.

Its almost like your trying to ride off the Hard Gaming coat tail to populate non hard gaming community servers.

This isnt anything new, other communities are ran just like this. Check out OCN and EVGAs gaming community.

Let Hard Gaming Community decide what it wants its own servers to be and play like. Not Joes gaming clan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back