[H]ard BB peeps please help

Rune75

[H]ard|Gawd
I need constructive information, please no thread crapping.

I have sent my Toshiba P25-s509 laptop off to service 3 times now. Once for LCD issues (they actually replaced the LCD / mobo / keyboard). Ever since I got it back, it had problems turning on but I did not worry about it much until it started happening much more often. Fast forward to Jan 05, when attempting to burn my first dvd the drive stops responding, and drive will lock up in movies. This is even after a restore disking the computer. After having the geeks see the problems for themselves, I checked it in for service and they sent it off to Kent, WA. 4 days later it comes back //No Trouble Found// so I have the geeks reverify the problems and type on the service order that it was "verified at the bench" and I send it off to DEX without ever taking it home. FF 8 more days and DEX says NTF as well.

Im stuck in a loop. I got it back and talk to the GM of my local BB and he tells me he "cannot do anything. Talk to 888bestbuy and maybe they can help". I call them up and "Allen" tells me that even though I have had it sent out 3 times for verified problems, it does not matter because the geeks found the problems and not the service centers. Since the service center did not make any repairs, Allen says that 2 of the times that it came back NTF do not count towards the needed 3 repairs to call my laptop defective and request "lemon law" on it. I am allowed to send it back in to service for the 4th time... but if they dont fix it, I can send it right back again if I like (and prolly get charged 25$).

WHAT THE HELL... What am I missing... who can I talk to? Whats his phone number? Im not trying to scam anybody. I just need a working laptop. I am playing by their rules.

I need help please guys. And yes, I know I shoulda bought a Dell.

Seriously dude, after working just six months at Best Buy, this is how those fuckers at DEX and their own service center operate. Its like DEX's techs are blind chimpanzees. Lemme guess, they probably reformatted the HDD too didn't they? The only thing you can do is keep sending the damn thing in till the retards at DEX decide to fix it. Or until the manager decides to get his head out of his ass and get you taken care of.

People can knock Dell all they want, sure a Delll will probably break twice as often as the Toshiba, but the Dell will be gone for service ONE TENTH the time the Toshiba is, in fact the Dell will never leave your sight if you get on-site service.

Im still puzzling over this one... when it came back from DEX a few days ago, DEX said Work complete, no trouble found. What work? And the local GM... oh boy... I have not wished evil upon a person in a long time but if something bad happened to him, I would not be sorry. (That comment in no way means that I or you should or will do anything to that a$sh0le)

I gotcha, you don't want him dead. But should he get hit by a bus one day while crossing the street you won't lose sleep over it. That's the way I feel about my ex GM and Sales Manager (both were fucking pricks.)

Does not always help, but maybe if Best Buy was threatened a bit by telling them you are going to go to the BBB and if necessary take it as far as a trip to the court room if you don't get resolution over this matter it might persuade them to get off their asses. Also if you send it back again just tape a letter to the top of the laptop telling them what the problem is and how often you have had to deal with it and that you are at the end of your rope.

It's always hard dealing with crap like this, been through it a few times myself but with different companies.

Hope you find the end sometime soon.

^^^ That comic just got saved to my collection... great stuff.

And HC, gread idea on getting the BBB to help with BB... I will contact them on monday. Im sure I'll be sending my lappy back as soon as the AC power adapter gets sent to me (cant have two trouble tickets open at a time).

Back