GW a flop?

ray4389

[H]ard|Gawd
I haven't heard all that much news on Guild Wars. Is it a flop? I thought it seemed intresting...I'm considering buying it. ALL I hear on this forum is BF2, WoW, and CS. Any suggestions?

haven't played it. But ya that what i'm talking about!! Its like there are no new games. Not even new ones coming up. Stalker, fear ... thats about it. and of course my baby ut2007...

Is q4 gonna be xbox only?

I would be playing it more habitually, but I just reformatted and my friend is borrowing the CDs (he lost his).

It was the #1 selling PC game just a few weeks ago so no, its not a flop. They limited characters to lvl 20 so that is a big part of why you havent heard much of it lately. Once they release an expansion pack or something that will allow you to progress beyond lvl 20 more people will start to play it again.

Pretty much peopel who started playing GW since it's release have done everything there is to do in it, and thus not much need for discussion.

I would have expected at least a "show off your rare crap" thread though.

Ron1jed said:
haven't played it. But ya that what i'm talking about!! Its like there are no new games. Not even new ones coming up. Stalker, fear ... thats about it. and of course my baby ut2007...

Is q4 gonna be xbox only?

You forgot Call of duty 2, half-life 2's expansion, age of empires 3 and elder scrolls 4.

Prince of Persia 3, Civ 4, NFS:MW, Black & White 2...you're right. This season is going to blow.

Absolutely I think the game is aweful. Glad I ebayed my copy for nearly full price a week after I bought it.

retardedchicken said:
I would be playing it more habitually, but I just reformatted and my friend is borrowing the CDs (he lost his).

lol you left the guild noooo!

So did I and I don't play it anymore really. :rolleyes: It got boring.

i like guild wars a lot. i haven't been playing it much lately because of BF2/gunz but it definately is no flop.

these are todays top 10 most played games on Xfire.com

1. World of Warcraft
2. Counter-Strike Source
3. Battlefield 2
4. Counter-Strike 1.6
5. Call of Duty Multiplayer
6. Guild Wars
7. Call of Duty United Offensive Multiplayer
8. Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory
9. Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne
10. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

I got 4 chars max lvl 20 now all completed game with all have the elite skills I desire and have best of best armors/weapons. Simple fact is the game is just to dam easy and not enough weapons and armors etc to keep it interesting for over a couple months. I will play again once they come out with a expansion pack.

Dont think its a flop by any means. I still see its getting alot of playing time on xfire. Its obviously not as big as some of the established games out there but i do believe there is the start of a nice base for it. Playing time for alot of people has tapered off since the first month after release as once you reach max level its really a game for Player vs Player action and Guild vs Guild battles. For those RPGers who want months and months of grinding out levels, weapons and armor it loses its sense of accomplishment.

NCSoft is trying to make the game more of a FPS with a RPG weapons and spells. For some it works for others it was back to WoW, EQ2 etc for more grinding.

A couple of new areas are to be released soon which will bring some of those lost people back and several recent game play patches have eliminated some complaints.

Its definately a totally different style of MMORPG. I enjoy it. It seems that it will have enough to be able to continue through a few expansions. Hopefully by then the game will have the name recognition to compete longer with the bigger name games.

JonnyK said:
i like guild wars a lot. i haven't been playing it much lately because of BF2/gunz but it definately is no flop.

these are todays top 10 most played games on Xfire.com

1. World of Warcraft
2. Counter-Strike Source
3. Battlefield 2
4. Counter-Strike 1.6
5. Call of Duty Multiplayer
6. Guild Wars
7. Call of Duty United Offensive Multiplayer
8. Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory
9. Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne
10. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Those stats are completely meaningless. CS 1.6 is by far significantly more popular than CS:S and BF2 (even combined).

I played the game, but lost interest within a day. Sold it soon after. Same thing happened with WoW. I'm currently addicted to BF2. :)

If you didnt get into guild vs guild matches you lost out.

There is a lag spike in your interest but it goes away.

I am glad I stayed to get into GvG and now all trapper groups in the Under World areas.

kick@ss said:
Those stats are completely meaningless. CS 1.6 is by far significantly more popular than CS:S and BF2 (even combined).

a lot of 1.6ers dont use things like Xfire, rather we use IRC. Something the BF2 community seems to not like, which makes finding scrims harder than it has to. Or we will find one and they will want to scrim like tomorrow or sometime next week.

kick@ss said:

And what a large amount of evidence you have to support your claim...

Back