Guys, was I out of line?

Roman79

[H]ard|Gawd
Alright looks like I stirred up something in the Intel forum. I'm only posting it here because it started in the DC forum.
I thought the smilies in my post was sufficient to let the person know I was only joking with him but I guess not.

Anyway have a look here, post #5.

I really don't like to cause trouble intentionally but I think this guy flew off the handle for no reason.

*tsk tsk tsk*

I cannot believe he isn't folding on that!! :D

Then again, I don't care.

Nah, I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think he has one. He probably would know it is not a C2D if he actually had one. The duo part means two cores. The QX6700 is a Core2Extreme.

From his sig:
Intel C2D QX6700 (3.8GHz) Liquid Cooled

since I am not allowed to talk bad about other people, I will not do so. However, I suggest looking into his other posts, which seem to be clustered around these topics:
"omfg my rig is so awesome"
"I have a 8800GTS in my backup rig"

and includes such insightful posts as:
pcfan10110 said:
You peeps don't get it! The GPU on 8800 cards don't rely on the CPU anymore so it doesn't matter anymore if you have a crappy CPU! The only the CPU does is A.I. and stuff in games! God! I swear! :mad:

Maybe you were and maybe you weren't, I don't know I wasn't there.
We don't force people to run folding in the forum, and we shouldn't, it is their choice.

So personally, If I go to another forum or subforum and when someone has a system that they need some direction of what to use it for, I suggest them to fold.

drizzt81 said:
since I am not allowed to talk bad about other people, I will not do so. However, I suggest looking into his other posts, which seem to be clustered around these topics:
"omfg my rig is so awesome"
"I have a 8800GTS in my backup rig"

and includes such insightful posts as:

LOL sounds like he's fresh off the boat from TomsHardware's forums. That place is so full of those types of comments. I stay away from there. ;)

whether he ever folds that quad core or not...

he was an asshole in that thread. especially before he went back and edited his own post (the one that was quoted so his edit could not change his bad attitude).

fold on FTW!

Well we can't force him to fold...but he didn't have to rub it in our faces that he blew $1500 on a sandwiched E6700...infact I'm laughing at him right now :D

I fold because its for a good cause and because I think that there are way too many cpu cycles wasted on my p0rn for it not to do good. I don't fold for [H]ard but I fold none the less.

Btw...anyone having issues with certain games minimizing while Folding@Home is on? :confused:

use the console client... the graphical one has some issues with certain games....

plus... I've head that using "team = 33" tends to make things alot more stable :D

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

OSUguy98 said:
use the console client... the graphical one has some issues with certain games....

plus... I've head that using "team = 33" tends to make things alot more stable :D

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

LOL...maybe I'll switch to [H]ard...maybe. Xoxide doesn't have many people folding on their team and the forum activity has been slow as of late...dunno maybe. Thanks for the tip on the console client though :D

Riddlinkidstoner said:
Btw...anyone having issues with certain games minimizing while Folding@Home is on? :confused:

You must be running the graphical client, which uses openGL and thus has some compatibility issues running along-side some games. We generally recommend using the console-based client, set-up as a service to run in the background (this is done easily through the console's configuration). Download the console client, then start->run the console exe with the -configonly flag.

Riddlinkidstoner said:
LOL...maybe I'll switch to [H]ard...maybe. Xoxide doesn't have many people folding on their team and the forum activity has been slow as of late...dunno maybe.

There is alot of activity in the [H]ard DC forums.

Come on, join our team! you know you wanna be a part of the [H]orde! :D

:cool:

Roman79 said:
Alright looks like I stirred up something in the Intel forum. I'm only posting it here because it started in the DC forum.
I thought the smilies in my post was sufficient to let the person know I was only joking with him but I guess not.

Anyway have a look here, post #5.

I really don't like to cause trouble intentionally but I think this guy flew off the handle for no reason.

I was confused at first as to how he "flew off the handle" when I read his response, and then I read your quote and realised he had edited his post. :eek:

Maybe somebody took the jam out of his donut.

Crosshairs said:

I love the [H]orde!

where else can you say ass hole and not have little a** h*** asterisks everywhere! :D

Back