Guys let's support AMD gpu, and boycott Nvidia, Asus, Gigabyte, MSI

I sometimes wonder if the Radeon would be better today if it was still ATI.

I honestly believe under Lisa's leadership they will eventually get better. There was just way too much crap going on at RTG. Raja was always leaving it seems, noow getting radeon in intel chips is not bad. But I honestly think he is a perfect example of great engineer who cant lead a company to excellence. He pretty much was running RTG and didn't do a very good job. He was always setting expectations too high and under delivering.

I do think Lisa will turn the ship around eventually like she did with Ryzen. With Ryzen doing well it will eventually help them throw more money on GPUs. There is a reason she took over RTG and probably knew Raja wasn't seriously in to his job. He was probably looking forward to intel job for a while lol.

Bad marketing, Bad press, Over promising and under delivering. Those are just some of the things. Now since Raja and the other guy is gone, it seems to be quite. Not much bullshit coming from RTG lol! Which is actually good. Do the work and let it speak for itself, if it sucks it sucks. Go back and try harder thats the name of the game.

Thanks to this website one of the few people who actually tried to do some reporting and calling Nvidia on their bullshit they cancelled this garbage program.

Nvda over estimating how much pull they could get away with but they even fcked over the companies that went with the GPP, companies marketing for nvidia, making different brands and lines, etc. Now nvidia is like thanks for spending the money marketing for us, doing all the hard work we wanted you to do, but tough luck you don't get any benefits from us.

Last edited:
Thanks to this website one of the few people who actually tried to do some reporting and calling Nvidia on their bullshit they cancelled this garbage program.

Nvda over estimating how much pull they could get away with but they even fcked over the companies that went with the GPP, companies marketing for nvidia, making different brands and lines, etc. Now nvidia is like thanks for spending the money marketing for us, doing all the hard work we wanted you to do, but tough luck you don't get any benefits from us.

I was just thinking about this. The companies who launched Radeon specific programs to comply with the GPP got boned by team green.

I was just thinking about this. The companies who launched Radeon specific programs to comply with the GPP got boned by team green.

You can blame Internet overly reactions and misinformation for that..

Are you disappointed that GPP is going away?

nope, I didn't liked GPP, but I wasn't as concerned as most people, I never saw the major issue with that, and ASUS with AREZ proved my point.. lot of doom & gloom about how AMD cards would lack of good AIB Coolers, performance, gaming features, etc... nothing of that happened..

Misinformation news was even worse, as everything happening in the GPU market was caused due GPP, lol the news about MSI RX VEGA AIR BOOST was the worse of all, to the point that Kyle removed it from the front page.

you know what's hypocrite and nobody here talk about?

AMD bans ASRock from entering European GPU market

“Freedom of Choice in PC Gaming”

The decision to block ASRock from entering European market is not necessarily that controversial. Regional sales bans are actually quite common. For the same reason, you are not able to buy Colorful or Colorfire graphics cards in Europe. There are simply too many board partners in this region.

Yet still, customers should have a choice when it comes to choosing the right model, at the lowest price possible. Those who want ASRock graphics cards will still be able to buy them, just with additional taxes and shipping costs artificially created by regional sales bans.

The decision to block ASRock from entering European market is not necessarily that controversial. Regional sales bans are actually quite common. For the same reason, you are not able to buy Colorful or Colorfire graphics cards in Europe. There are simply too many board partners in this region.

Yet still, customers should have a choice when it comes to choosing the right model, at the lowest price possible. Those who want ASRock graphics cards will still be able to buy them, just with additional taxes and shipping costs artificially created by regional sales bans.

Then you will not like this but the same applies to DVD or Blu Ray. If ASrock agreed to this rather then be struck by it what is the fuss about exactly?

:rolleyes:

nope, I didn't liked GPP, but I wasn't as concerned as most people, I never saw the major issue with that, and ASUS with AREZ proved my point.. lot of doom & gloom about how AMD cards would lack of good AIB Coolers, performance, gaming features, etc... nothing of that happened..

Misinformation news was even worse, as everything happening in the GPU market was caused due GPP, lol the news about MSI RX VEGA AIR BOOST was the worse of all, to the point that Kyle removed it from the front page.
GPP was a dirty move and it is very good thing that people got angry. The whole thing blew in Nvidis's face. They should not interfere with such things and hopefully they learned their lesson

Anyone knows when asrock Phantom cards will be listed in the market? It's a good alternative to asus and MSI names.

I'll be glad when PC Gaming dies. The Toxicity and GREED of the people (and corporations) involved is astounding!

Some of us are realistic. You can claim the moral high ground all you want but the fact is that corporate greed is too prevalent to make boycotting every company that you don't agree with nearly impossible. Ethics only come into play for a company where it comes ot the lines drawn by the law. Outside of that, everything is fair game. Everything that's illegal is OK so long as executives are shielded from going to jail or the penalties are outweighed by the gains. We've already seen $1,000 graphics cards from NVIDIA so that ship sailed years ago with the original Titan. Why else do you think they brought out Titan cards that outmatched their "gaming" counterparts. It's a card that sits between the GeForce and Quadro lines, but trust me. It's for gamers who either have deep pockets or the occasional prosumer who uses computers for work and play.

AMD isn't the morally better company. It's not in a position to behave as NVIDIA does. You should vote with your wallet of course. How many people care enough to join you in solidarity and buy mediocre graphics cards? Not many. Most gamers are neither aware of the politics in the industry, nor do they care about them. Shit is done by every company in the industry that you wouldn't believe. Get pissed at NVIDIA while browsing on your iPhone. A product made by Foxconn, who is world renowned for being shitty and treating human like they are less than cattle. Oh, BTW, you know who Foxconn also builds for? ASUS, Intel, Dell, HP, etc. You'll find Foxconn parts on even more shit than that. They make crap that's likely in your car. Some people find Texas Instruments abhorrent because it was a defense contractor. Yet they enjoy audio on Texas Instruments DSPs and OP-AMPs. Ever buy a diamond ring or any diamond jewlery? Even if you are getting conflict free diamonds, you are helping to perpetuate one of the shadiest monopolies on the planet.

You see where I'm going with this? Where does it end? Believe it or not, morality is subjective. We typically have similar standards for it in the western world. However, class, wealth, economic conditions, and background all factor into what you consider morally acceptable. My point is that if you dig deep enough you'll find shit you don't like about almost any company. Bank of America was recalling loans that had been paid on for two decades all of the sudden because they could make more money repossessing homes and auctioning them off. This was done because it overextended itself in the market place by loaning more money than it had during the housing bubble. BoFA and other banks also got caught making sure that large payments hit an account first so that they could collect more overdraft fees on accounts. This cost people hundreds of dollars when they were already barely getting by. Springfield Armory and Rock River arms tried to sell out people's 2nd Amendment rights by support a shitty law because they got an exception to avoid the extra fees the state of IL was going to levy against the firearms industry. You look at the diamond industry, Bank of Fuck me in the Ass and other companies and the shit that NVIDIA's pulling doesn't seem all that bad. I boycot crap I don't like all the time. I won't use BoFA and I won't by Springfield Armory. I don't eat at Taco Cabana. What NVIDIA's doing barely gets on my radar, especially when it's the only game in town for high end GPUs right now. Intel's done worse and they are still selling the crap out of their products.

I agree that NVIDIA's GPP is bullshit. It's shady, but other companies have done the exact same thing by making retailers sign non-compete agreements and other horseshit contracts. This behavior is no where near as uncommon as you'd think. I'm not going to buy AMD graphics cards when it hasn't produced a product that's worth my hard earned money. AMD isn't some beacon of morality either. Its been caught doing most of the same shit NVIDIA has done over the years. Again, I'm not running a charity organization off my bank account. I'm not giving AMD a damn thing for a GPU I don't want.

Well Said, So long as greed rules we are all screwed in the end.

Last edited:
I'll be glad when PC Gaming dies. The Toxicity and GREED of the people (and corporations) involved is astounding!

Well Said, So long as greed rules we are all screwed in the end.

I can only say that morality is not something that people are using for this there is a difference between principle and morality :

principle
  • n.
    A basic truth, law, or assumption: the principles of democracy.
  • n.
    A rule or standard, especially of good behavior: a man of principle.
  • n.
    The collectivity of moral or ethical standards or judgments: a decision based on principle rather than expediency
morality

• n.
    The quality of being in accord with standards of right or good conduct.
  • n.
    A system of ideas of right and wrong conduct: religious morality; Christian morality.
  • n.
    Virtuous conduct.

If you don't want to get screwed over then could choose not to choose to support company A or B. On principle, both companies are bound to want to make money and morality is that businesses tend to do this at the cost of the customer.

The same nonchalant attitude towards AMD cpu already proved to be costly where we have been stuck with software that did not scale and a core count that does not go up from 4 because how ever you want to put it it was not a level playing field advantage for one.

And I would say that greed is not the problem just bad business attitude. Both Nvidia and Intel outperform AMD so why would there be any need for this stupid behaviour?

Sorry, my money goes to whatever I deem to be worthy of it based on the quality of the product or service.

Have fun with your boycott.

+1 for post

All companies will act in their own self interests to increase profit, AMD has been caught in doing similar things that are not in the best interests of consumers.
I do believe in boycotts for extreme grievances and I'm active in many but they are extreme cases of which neither nvidia or amd have broken at this time.

Yeah, I see AMD and Nvidia cards there. Of course a Reddit idiot is not what I would call reliable source.

And in the fallout of Kyle's article, Nvidia may have changed course. But we'll never know for sure because Nvidia will never make a public apology.

So we just have to keep our eyes peeled. But that DOES NOT mean you post Reddit trolls with no evidence.
Agree most likely fake news

In my country a Vega 64 was more expensive than a 1080Ti. This week prices have dropped and it is now quite a bit less.

Outside of the USA AMD cards are EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE, and this doesn't get discussed nearly as much as it should. People in many places can often buy better performing Nvidia cards at a substantially lower price point than AMD. Since most of us are here in the USA, we don't really dote on it too much at HARDOCP but I feel ya bro.

The optimistic side of me hopes that this will lead to a price war. AMD clears out it's development closet and goes 'it's on!'
Well... I'll mostly do my part - buying soon either the 2700X or 2600X and while I'd prefer an ASUS board, I might just go ASRock Tachi.
Not doing the GPU until Black Friday, but definitely will go AMD

Back