Guys let's support AMD gpu, and boycott Nvidia, Asus, Gigabyte, MSI

This is stupid.

Buy the gpu that does better in the applications you're running. Don't reward failure.

Fanboys and their bullshit... "Wait, wait, this time AMD will be competitive..."

The last AMD/ATI gpu I owned was a 290x. All I've heard for years has been whining and "Wait, wait, Polaris will be awesome. It'll overclock so high..."

"Wait, wait. We didn't mean Polaris. Vega! Vega is gonna be awesome..."

"Navi... Navi is gonna be the shit..."

I game at 4k. I am a heavy user of VR. I like not needing a window AC unit in my office. AMD will get my money once they've earned it.

Till then, I'll keep buying Nvidia.

Then you can keep rewarding those anti competitive and controlling and data mining practices. To you AMD has not earned your money, to me, that have easily done so, although getting more out of the hardware is always a good thing. :) No dude, this is not stupid, GPP is stupid.

Then you can keep rewarding those anti competitive and controlling and data mining practices. To you AMD has not earned your money, to me, that have easily done so, although getting more out of the hardware is always a good thing. :) No dude, this is not stupid, GPP is stupid.

brand loyalty it's stupid, period. you are crippling and gimping yourself by only buying hardware specific vendor brand, but I know you will say "I enjoy my Ryzen and my Vega56 because I don't even game anymore"

brand loyalty it's stupid, period. you are crippling and gimping yourself by only buying hardware specific vendor brand, but I know you will say "I enjoy my Ryzen and my Vega56 because I don't even game anymore"

Well, since you already know what I am going to say, I do not need to say anything. LOL! Enjoy rewarding their practices, I know I am not going to do so. (Personal machines, mind you, I do not push those attitudes on customers and others, unlike some.)

What's so funny?

Before the mining craze, the 470 offered similar performance to the 3GB 1060/4GB 1050Ti at a lower price ($120 for 4GB was not uncommon). The 480 8GB offered similar performance to the GTX 1060 at a lower price. I bought a RX 480 4GB (MSI Gaming X) for $165.

For a very short time period, Vega 56 was around $400 (slightly better than GTX 1070 in performance). The Vega 64 could be gotten as low as $465 and offered similar performance to the GTX 1080.

For like one week last year this was true.

I wonder how many of these so-called boycotters have an NVidia GPU in their machine right now? Did they disable all hardware reporting to Steam and others? A true boycott would mean not using the company's products at all, paid for or not.

AMD can always go ahead and setup their own branded partnerships with OEMs.

nothing is stopping them from doing it. AMD's is not some 100-personnel company that is facing Goliath

AMD's head of marketing prob got smacked around for not coming up with a reaction since NVIDIA announced their program.

AMD can always go ahead and setup their own branded partnerships with OEMs.

nothing is stopping them from doing it. AMD's is not some 100-personnel company that is facing Goliath

AMD's head of marketing prob got smacked around for not coming up with a reaction since NVIDIA announced their program.

Please tell me you do not really believe this. Gee, "ALL" Amd has to do is make a new brand to go up against a fully established brand. :rolleyes: What Nv is doing is anti competitive at the best and tells me they are afraid of what competition AMD is going to bring.

Please tell me you do not really believe this. Gee, "ALL" Amd has to do is make a new brand to go up against a fully established brand. :rolleyes: What Nv is doing is anti competitive at the best and tells me they are afraid of what competition AMD is going to bring.

Fear of competition is a good impetus to not maintain the same line-up for two years, strangely enough neither Polaris nor Vega was able to coax an actual response from NV. Are you telling me that AMD's recent track record with Polaris and Vega is supposed to inspire fear over at NV HQ? This is a bit like those news articles that are so strange and detached from reality that you have to really question whether or not it's satirical. Is The Onion, or is this for real?

The irony of you being called ManOfGod is not lost on me though !

Have you read your own forum signature?

upload_2018-3-30_20-8-48.png

Last edited:
Fear of competition is a good impetus to not maintain the same line-up for two years, strangely enough neither Polaris nor Vega was able to coax an actual response from NV. Are you telling me that AMD's recent track record with Polaris and Vega is supposed to inspire fear over at NV HQ? This is a bit like those news articles that are so strange and detached from reality that you have to really question whether or not it's satirical. Is The Onion, or is this for real?

The irony of you being called ManOfGod is not lost on me though !

Obviously, your reading skills need work. Notice the last word I put in? The irony is everyone knows you are an Nvidia schill and you just cannot admit it. Otherwise, why are you in here bashing AMD and making nothing but goodwill gestures toward Nvidia?

Nope, What Nvidia it's doing is a way to be differentiated from AMD, they want to be seen as a Premium GPU vendor with Premium brands backing up their cards, they don't want to be related to sub-par vendors as AMD, as I said above they want ie ASUS ROG STRIX related only to Nvidia, while AMD can do whatever they want with AMD on their others sub-brands, they will also receive help from Nvidia in the design of customizing their Premium brands, so they will likely offer better products to the end users. unlike VEGA Strix 56/64 (specially the 64), which for the time it took to strike the market was a simply Turd because even a fully custom PCB with overengineered Heatsink and fans, it is mostly unable to beat a reference design Vega56/64 beyond only be able to operate more quietly nothing else.

Nvidia already stated in the past that they simply doesn't care about AMD GPUs, they compete with themselves to offer better products each generation, that's why they stopped to show comparisons versus AMD in their presentations since years ago, they just want to be as far as possible from AMD, and that's because we all know they can't just keep their huge performance jumps from one gen to another gen, they need to secure their brands for the future.

Nope, What Nvidia it's doing is a way to be differentiated from AMD, they want to be seen as a Premium GPU vendor with Premium brands backing up their cards, they don't want to be related to sub-par vendors as AMD, as I said above they want ie ASUS ROG STRIX related only to Nvidia, while AMD can do whatever they want with AMD on their others sub-brands, they will also receive help from Nvidia in the design of customizing their Premium brands, so they will likely offer better products to the end users. unlike VEGA Strix 56/64 (specially the 64), which for the time it took to strike the market was a simply Turd because even a fully custom PCB with overengineered Heatsink and fans, it is mostly unable to beat a reference design Vega56/64 beyond only be able to operate more quietly nothing else.

Nvidia already stated in the past that they simply doesn't care about AMD GPUs, they compete with themselves to offer better products each generation, that's why they stopped to show comparisons versus AMD in their presentations since years ago, they just want to be as far as possible from AMD, and that's because we all know they can't just keep their huge performance jumps from one gen to another gen, they need to secure their brands for the future.

Dude, first, learn to use period in that run on first paragraph. Secondly, it is a shame you actually believe that stuff and are willing to give them a pass on being anti competitive.

Edit: Also, that means if they are trying to secure their brands for the future, that means they are afraid of the competition, despite your assertations to the contrary.

Obviously, your reading skills need work. Notice the last word I put in? The irony is everyone knows you are an Nvidia schill and you just cannot admit it. Otherwise, why are you in here bashing AMD and making nothing but goodwill gestures toward Nvidia?

The last word you put in was "bring", I don't see how my reading skills even come into play here. Somewhat disconcerting to find the person talking about "schills" giving others lectures about their language skills but considering the travesty that is your ability to construct arguments it can be ignored in favor of memes.

I'm discussing the proposed boycott by engaging all 5 people involved in it in conversation, does that upset you?

Last edited:
Dude, first, learn to use period in that run on first paragraph. Secondly, it is a shame you actually believe that stuff and are willing to give them a pass on being anti competitive.

Edit: Also, that means if they are trying to secure their brands for the future, that means they are afraid of the competition, despite your assertations to the contrary.

What are you talking about? If anything it's "learn to use a period'. Learn to use determiners, dude.

Seems like Nvidia unethical business practices have started.

If you are buying hardware please consider buying an AMD video card or CPU. If we let Nvidia win with such practices and they dominate more of the GPU market a monopoly will not help us consumers as we will later pay more for products, nor will there be innovation if we allow this to happen. I hope word spreads.

Buy what's best for your wallet or if you buy nvidia choose an oem that has joined this sht program.

Thanks

AMD makes crap GPU's right now. They aren't a viable alternative.

AMD makes crap GPU's right now. They aren't a viable alternative.

Fix the apostrophe mate, don't give him a schance to call you out for your very badly english that he is very muchly inclined to correct.

Well, since you already know what I am going to say, I do not need to say anything. LOL! Enjoy rewarding their practices, I know I am not going to do so. (Personal machines, mind you, I do not push those attitudes on customers and others, unlike some.)

Yes, because you'd be fired for recommending AMD over Nvidia at this point in time.

Man you crack me up.

Frankly, these days, no one 'chooses' an AMD gpu. You can either afford an Nvidia card or you can't. Period. Your position is beyond obvious. No offence.

Yes, because you'd be fired for recommending AMD over Nvidia at this point in time.

Man you crack me up.

Frankly, these days, no one 'chooses' an AMD gpu. You can either afford an Nvidia card or you can't. Period. Your position is beyond obvious. No offence.

Yet if you say that you don't care who sells you the product, only that the product is worth the money based on it's merits you are accused of being a biased actor, your opinion is deemed invalid and you're relegated to the trash bin of "nvidia shills schills" in much the same way blanket accusations of anti-semitism are used to stifle any kind of criticism of Israel.

Sorry for the seemingly random analogy but it's the first thing that popped into my head as I was just reading some Israel/Palestine news.

Anyway, I don't have a problem with this GPP thing being illegal, if it's illegal then I hope they're sued. If it's not illegal and you're unhappy with this behavior then go be a useful member of society and talk to your representatives and convince them to enact changes that reflect your sense of morality. It seems pointless to just complain and call for boycotts, is it illegal? Yes? Sued. No? Business as usual.

Lol I don't care about competition, I don't care of one brand of another brand, I still buy AMD products, I still buy Nvidia products, I still buy Intel products, heck, at the company we still buy IBM and Oracle products.

I buy whatever it's the best available for my money, and generally I buy just to toy with hardware and first hand experience with other not needed products. I do care for the performance , efficiency, features and support, not for the loyalty to a brand, or for any sentimentality, lot of people care about stock prices etc, I don't. Pc gaming it's just a cheap hobby and that's it, I don't have to be married to any vendor, the only reason why most people care about to competition it's just to keep prices of gpu at certain level,that's the job of AMD for most people.

And to your edit, yes you can believe that actually nvidia can have any fear of AMD, but that doesn't make it any truth or correct, even AMD doesn't believe in their own competition. ;)

Lol I don't care about competition, I don't care of one brand of another brand, I still buy AMD products, I still buy Nvidia products, I still buy Intel products, heck, at the company we still buy IBM and Oracle products.

I buy whatever it's the best available for my money, and generally I buy just to toy with hardware and first hand experience with other not needed products. I do care for the performance , efficiency, features and support, not for the loyalty to a brand, or for any sentimentality, lot of people care about stock prices etc, I don't. Pc gaming it's just a cheap hobby and that's it, I don't have to be married to any vendor, the only reason why most people care about to competition it's just to keep prices of gpu at certain level,that's the job of AMD for most people.

And to your edit, yes you can believe that actually nvidia can have any fear of AMD, but that doesn't make it any truth or correct, even AMD doesn't believe in their own competition. ;)

ManofGod actually has a point, can you imagine the mass panic over at nvidia when Raja "superstar" Koduri revealed this gem?
Zjd8kZF.jpg

Nvidia pitifully peddling a mid-range GPU for $700 while AMD could offer TWO GPUs running at half-capacity, outperforming aforementioned $700 card for $200 less. Perhaps I was mistaken. Backed into a corner, with a single fully saturated RX480 matching a GTX 1080. AMD strikes fear into the hearts of the greedy and the green.

Now I think of it, since AMD has been offering better performance ***and*** better efficiency with GPUs running idle 49% of the time, the only reason why AIBs would relegate these AMAZING products to non-top-tier branding is if JHH threatened to sodomize their families and pets if they didn't sign GPP.

nvi12_a1.jpg

So, who's joining me on the NV boycott?

Last edited:
AMD knows it isn’t competitive with GeForce, that’s why they used Titan X rather than Vega to showcase Ryzen.

ManofGod actually has a point, can you imagine the mass panic over at nvidia when Raja "superstar" Koduri revealed this gem?
View attachment 63207

Nvidia pitifully peddling a mid-range GPU for $700 while AMD could offer TWO GPUs running at half-capacity, outperforming aforementioned $700 card for $200 less. Perhaps I was mistaken.

you know what's funny?. when RAJA was at AMD it was beloved as a derivated from a cuming of god, haha, it was the savior of AMD in the next future, when it left AMD then suddenly polaris and VEGA are subpar because RAJA was voluntarily cooperating with Intel to sabotage AMD LoL.. Lisa su its considered actually the savior of AMD a Visionary skillful woman, but if Lisa Su leave AMD then all the AMD disgraces will be Fault of Lisa Su because she was the leader xD

you know what's funny?. when AMD was at AMD it was beloved as a derivated from a cumming of god, haha, it was the savior of AMD in the next future, when it left AMD then suddenly polaris and VEGA are subpar because RAJA was voluntarily cooperating with Intel to sabotage AMD LoL.. Lisa su its considered actually the savior of AMD a Visionary skillful woman, but if Lisa Su leave AMD then all the AMD disgraces will be Fault of Lisa Su because she was the leader xD

Eh, I get what you mean, but it's hardly limited to employees. Fury X was the second coming of christ until people realized it wasn't and the Polaris hype was born. Naturally it couldn't deliver, thus Vega hype was born. We are now at the awkward crossroads at which people have to decide when to abandon one hype train to hop onto the other. Navi! Choo Choo!

Edit:

Just wanted to really delineate the fact that in spite of all the hilarious outlandish claims about AMD's amazing trackrecord on corporate ethics, they priced their underperforming cards pretty much on par with the greedy green offerings. Trololol?

Last edited:
OK OK I get it, you support whoever gives you the better product for the money. But the better products come from open competition. If you support companies with anti competitive practices you're against better products in the long term.

What are you talking about? If anything it's "learn to use a period'. Learn to use determiners, dude.

Naw, mine was just a typo, yours was a run on paragraph of a sort. :) On a different note, with the NDF out in full force.

OK OK I get it, you support whoever gives you the better product for the money. But the better products come from open competition. If you support companies with anti competitive practices you're against better products in the long term.

That's 100% reasonable thinking, and I am inclined to agree with you, but the question remains; what constitutes an anti-competitive practice? In my eyes it's more 'anti-competitive' that NV broke off their partnership with XFX when they wanted to start selling AMD/ATI cards (I can't remember when this happened, but the gist of it is what matters). They're not forcing AIBs to not make AMD products, they're incentivizing them to compartmentalize the branding such that their own products are not associated with the competition's in exchange for perks among which are some marketing funds. Was the XFX thing illegal? I may be wrong, but I remember nothing about legal proceedings regarding the matter.

Naw, mine was just a typo, yours was a run on paragraph of a sort. :) On a different note, with the NDF out in full force.

Wasn't even me you were replying to with "use period", but it's nice to know you are as attentive as you are coherent :)

Moreover, "on a different note, with the NDF out in full force" is not a sentence, but hey! - at least there's period at the end there.

Last edited:
That's 100% reasonable thinking, and I am inclined to agree with you, but the question remains; what constitutes an anti-competitive practice? In my eyes it's more 'anti-competitive' that NV broke off their partnership with XFX when they wanted to start selling AMD/ATI cards (I can't remember when this happened, but the gist of it is what matters). They're not forcing AIBs to not make AMD products, they're incentivizing them to compartmentalize the branding such that their own products are not associated with the competition's in exchange for perks among which are some marketing funds. Was the XFX thing illegal? I may be wrong, but I remember nothing about legal proceedings regarding the matter.

Wasn't even me you were replying to with "use period", but it's nice to know you are as attentive as you are coherent :)

Moreover, "on a different note, with the NDF out in full force" is not a sentence, but hey! - at least there's period at the end there.

Then let Nvidia be the ones with the new Gaming Branded cards and give Amd the established branding. After all, if this is not an anti competitive move, they should have no issues with it.

Last edited:
This troll thread doesn't really matter. When nVidia launches their new card AMD is done.

This troll thread doesn't really matter. When nVidia launches their new card AMD is done.
Yeah I pointed that out earlier in this thread or the other GPP one.

2015 was probably the biggest year for Nvidia scandals ever: VRAM-gate, GameWorks-gate, Async-gate. Then they launched Pascal in 2016 and all those controversies fell off the face of the Earth. When Nvidia drops a new bombshell and AMD has nothing in response, all of the "moral dilemmas" go out the window because ultimately people care more about getting a vastly superior product (at the time).

When Volta launches, you will probably never hear about GPP again. Or rather: How much do you hear about the 3.5 GB issue anymore? Or GameWorks? Or (the big one) Async? Assuming AIBs do wipe their gaming brands, there will be some blurbs about GPP when the RX 600 series launches. The amount of outrage will depend how competitive the new AMD GPUs are, and when they launch relative to Volta.

PC gamers are like the squirrel dog. Just replace the "squirrel" with "VOLTA!!!"

VRN9SWd.jpg

Said and claimed many over and over. :D Hmmm, looks like AMD is not done after all. :)

You changed my quote and this is the first time I've ever said anything like this.

If nVidia can pull off it's typical inprovement % they will have cards twice as fast in the same price bracket. We've never seen that before.

You changed my quote and this is the first time I've ever said anything like this.

If nVidia can pull off it's typical inprovement % they will have cards twice as fast in the same price bracket. We've never seen that before.

Yes, I did change the quote to make a point, forgot the ftfy point. ;) Oh, and if they have cards twice as fast, what makes you think Nvidia will charge the same as AMD?

Being illegal and being anti competitive are not the same thing. Of course NVIDIA won't do something that is clearly illegal, they most likely had an army of lawyers go trough the proposal before presenting it to AIBs.
No, they're not forcing AIBs to not sell AMD products. They're forcing them to not sell AMD products under their Gaming brands which are the AIB's intellectual property. If this is not anti competitive behavior, I don't know what is. They're assuming control of AIB's brands, that they spent years building up. It's not a choice. It's clear that loosing the "benefits" of GPP that most AIBs already had trough various agreements with NVIDIA would put them at such a disadvantageous position that they might as well stop selling the cards completely.

Reactions: otg
like this
Being illegal and being anti competitive are not the same thing. Of course NVIDIA won't do something that is clearly illegal, they most likely had an army of lawyers go trough the proposal before presenting it to AIBs.
No, they're not forcing AIBs to not sell AMD products. They're forcing them to not sell AMD products under their Gaming brands which are the AIB's intellectual property. If this is not anti competitive behavior, I don't know what is. They're assuming control of AIB's brands, that they spent years building up. It's not a choice. It's clear that loosing the "benefits" of GPP that most AIBs already had trough various agreements with NVIDIA would put them at such a disadvantageous position that they might as well stop selling the cards completely.

I think this emphasis on gaming brand alignment is overblown and it seems Asus and MSI agree otherwise they wouldn’t hop on board GPP. ROG is in many products so Asus doesn’t necessarily need NVIDIA since gfx cards are only a subset of ROG branding. However, if rumors of them signing on are true, then they obviously see the value in GPP and all the tears are coming from AMD because they can no longer coast on Nvidia marketing dollars.

I think this emphasis on gaming brand alignment is overblown and it seems Asus and MSI agree otherwise they wouldn’t hop on board GPP. ROG is in many products so Asus doesn’t necessarily need NVIDIA since gfx cards are only a subset of ROG branding. However, if rumors of them signing on are true, then they obviously see the value in GPP and all the tears are coming from AMD because they can no longer coast on Nvidia marketing dollars.
Are you joking? It is in the very post you quote where I explained why they had no choice but to get on board with GPP.

Are you joking? It is in the very post you quote where I explained why they had no choice but to get on board with GPP.

There's always a choice. These are terms worked out between supplier and distributor (or integrator). It's completely normal in other industries to discuss branding like this.

There's always a choice. These are terms worked out between supplier and distributor (or integrator). It's completely normal in other industries to discuss branding like this.
It's not a choice in an economic sense, it's blackmail.
I highly doubt that it's completely normal in any industry for a supplier to say: "From now on you cannot sell any product built from another supplier's product under one of your brands, or we will withhold the benefits and access that we have been providing until now".

It's not a choice in an economic sense, it's blackmail.
I highly doubt that it's completely normal in any industry for a supplier to say: "From now on you cannot sell any product built from another supplier's product under one of your brands, or we will withhold the benefits and access that we have been providing until now".

Well I guess you'd be surprised. This was from 1.3B and 5B yearly revenue companies. Guess which one was being restrictive.

You want to play, you gotta play by the rules. This is business not a feel good jerk off fest.

If I was nVidia I would do the same.

Last edited:
Then let Nvidia be the ones with the new Gaming Branded cards and give Amd the established branding. After all, if this is not an anti competitive move, they should have no issues with it.

No problem, if AMD is a in a bargaining position I'm sure they'd have no qualms over doing this. Unfortunately, they are in no position whatsoever to do this, so they are relegated to being a spectator in all this.

Why would the AIB give up the established high-end branding on all the actual high end cards and relegate it to mid-range products that don't have any kind of reasonable availability and far less demand. Hmm...

Oh, you mean Nvidia created ROG? /s :rolleyes: Regardless of what your and other Nvidia bots opinions are, Kyle here and Linus both think this is anti competitive and one even called out Jang on it. Therefore, your continuous bashing of those opposed to this, for valid and good reasons, changes nothing. I guess you think Kyle and Linus must be AMD fanboys, eh? :eek:

Back