Guys I really need some quick advice. Gotta go back to the store in 2 hrs please help

Drewis

Limp Gawd
Hey guys. Thanks for looking.. Now on to my issue.

Last evening I exchanged a p5ld2-vm for a p5b (non DLX) because of a bios corruption error (common)

So I paid the extra bit to get a conroe ready board for my pentium D 820 (which i easily hit 3.4GHZ on my old board.

I set up everything last night in no time... I go to boot the computer.... I get one beep... no problem... go into the bios change some settings, press save..... HARD restart...

It tries to hard boot for about a second, dies... Hard boot for a second... Dies... Hard boots again and it goes.....

This happens every time I change a bios setting, it seems liek its not getting enough power but I have a decent PSU and this happens also barebones....

The board did work, like crap though at STOCK FSB....... (200) but the second I try to change a bios setting, and save it... hard crash, starts the restarting sheet again..

Do you guys think I got a faulty board?? I've tried one stick of ram, another type of ram ETC

Now the thing wont even POST....

Are there any known issues wiht P4D's and the P5B I should know about? From what I've heard this is a pretty decent o/cing board with the new bios (Which I also updated).

what should I do?! Im calling on all you elites here..

mmm i'm thinking that you bios might be corrupted.
have you tryed the other ram slots?
allso it whould really help if you could tell us what kind of other hardware you have.

Your hardwarw would help, but maybe a BIOS update could help.

thats the thing... im 100% stable in windows so far, yet i still have this issue... 1 stick of ram in or not....

it was a known issue with these boards and the 0711 bios was supposed to fix it...

it doesnt happen if im running at stock speeds, yet im stable at 3.4 ghz 240 fsb..

does this happen only for the first time you boot after you change your bios settings or does it happen also when you boot up after not changing the bios settings?

If it happens every single time you boot up even when you dont touch the bios then it seems like you may have a corrupt BIOS and if you haven't already, maybe re-installing the BIOS would fix or at least help this. If you have already updated the BIOS and it still happens then it sounds like, off the top of my head, a bad mobo or BIOS chip.

sorry i forgot to mention that it doesnt happen at stock FSB (200)

although my motherboard CPU support page says it supports B0 and C0 revisions of the 820..

mines A0........

but still.. strange....

Back