Guy Straps A GoPro To Hot Wheels Car

HardOCP News

[H] News
I love this guy's videos. The way this one is cleverly edited to make it seem like it is just one long video is really kinda neat. It's too bad he didn't loop the video so that you could just watch it over and over.

That is way cool, it would be neat to put some CG in there, or slow the speed way down when the car hit's the jump. The only break in continuity is when it's coming out of the pool, but pretty rad, so I easily overlooked =P

Makes me wish my 1970 Christmas gift of an orange Boss 302 and silver Trans Am that I have kept all these 46 years still worked. Seemed like I was always replacing the big old D batteries the "Juice Machine" used!!

c8_9.jpg

It's like a real life but tamer version of Trackmania Turbo... if that game comes to VR I'm all in for the "don't chuck" challenge!

It's like a real life but tamer version of Trackmania Turbo... if that game comes to VR I'm all in for the "don't chuck" challenge!
Congrats on your first post.

and hell no, elite dangerous made me queezy when around those space stations, I can't imagine trying trackmania in those crazy flipping tracks. Not sure what would be worse, that or Rocket League.

I'm surprised this video is so popular. Hot Wheels came out with cars that had a video camera built in. They sold poorly and didn't last long.

Congrats on your first post.

and hell no, elite dangerous made me queezy when around those space stations, I can't imagine trying trackmania in those crazy flipping tracks. Not sure what would be worse, that or Rocket League.
Well the prepare your sick bags... TrackMania Turbo VR support confirmed, for PSVR at least:

"Finally, Ubisoft said TrackMania Turbo will receive VR support on PlayStation VR as part of a free patch on November 8th."
- via Eurogamer (I'm too noob to post links, sorry ;)
That's me confirmed for getting a PSVR and likely Neo too. I'm going to wait for gen 2-3 for PC based VR I think when resolution is improved... the PS will tide me over until then.

Well the prepare your sick bags... TrackMania Turbo VR support confirmed, for PSVR at least:

"Finally, Ubisoft said TrackMania Turbo will receive VR support on PlayStation VR as part of a free patch on November 8th."
- via Eurogamer (I'm too noob to post links, sorry ;)
That's me confirmed for getting a PSVR and likely Neo too. I'm going to wait for gen 2-3 for PC based VR I think when resolution is improved... the PS will tide me over until then.
PS resolution is basically the same as Oculus DK2.....which is lower than the current VR headsets being used on PC (Vive and oculus = 2160x1200, 1080x1200 per eye; )

I still don't think the VR market is near ready for me to jump into. I did the DK2, and the lack of VR applications or compatibility with modern titles kept me from using it too often.

PS resolution is basically the same as Oculus DK2.....which is lower than the current VR headsets being used on PC (Vive and oculus = 2160x1200, 1080x1200 per eye; )

I still don't think the VR market is near ready for me to jump into. I did the DK2, and the lack of VR applications or compatibility with modern titles kept me from using it too often.
I've tried all 3 production headsets plus DK2. PSVR while being lower res actually presented a little better than say Vive due to lack of screen door effect, and worlds better than DK2. It's also only $400 cost of entry given I have a PS4. Graphics will be Nintendo level quality but that's fine if the experience is great... plus if I get Neo that will give a significant bump to fidelity.

If my gaming PC was high end VR ready I would probably get a Vive too but it's not and I'm not ready to spend the $1k+ it will cost me build a new system. Unless I start developing for VR I'll wait and get the latest and greatest system and headset gen 2-3.

that took a bit of time to edit together
what makes you say that? it looks like a dozen or so simple cuts, which could've been all of 10 minutes worth of work, or about 1% of the total time including setting up the tracks and retakes (as I'm sure some of those runs didn't work perfectly the very first time)

Back