gutting a lian li V2000

Derrick70

Limp Gawd
ok im planing on gutting my V2000 case and make the floor and uprights out of 1/4 plexi glass but still maintain the inside looks of the case. right now i have started to make the uprights for the hds i have 3 more to cut then i can start on drilling the mounting holes. the plane is to have 10 water cooled hds right now im running 6 with stock mouting points.

now i have some questions.
mounting the plexi glass i was thinking of using glue but then i thought drill and tap? what should i do?

what is the best way to light the plexi. im going to have uv tubes in the but only in locations that are not seen?

will the plexi yellow over time?

what do i use to bend the plexi?
i was also planing on making a m/b tray is their any thing i have to do or look out for when im doing this?

ill post up some pics to night of all the lower uprights for the hds

normal_DSC01367.JPG

ok i have the plexi mounts made up but i could only gain 4 hds per rack o well it will do.

i need to find some hd screws that are 2times longer than the reg ones any one know wher i can find them?

You could use a standard 6-32 screw with the appropriate spacer to fit the rubber isolation grommets (I assume that is what you are doing).
Screws and spacers available at any Ace Hardware.

no im no using any insulting gromitts. i just need them long enought to go through 1/4 plexi and in to the drive its self

Back