Guitar Rising (guitar hero for real guitar players)

Sixthsense

I Suck Fat Ones
http://gizmodo.com/352800/guitar-rising-for-real-guitar-heroes

Guitar Rising I Official Site

Guitar Rising is a music video game where the player plays a real guitar as cued by the game’s visuals. Following rock music sequences and streaming notes, players play guitar melodies and rhythms. Beginner difficulty levels are designed for non-guitar players and hard difficulties will challenge experienced guitarists.

Product to be released in late 2008. Check back here for updates

That's sick. I'd definitely like to try that.

edit - What concerns me though is the possible delay between playing a note and having it being sent through the sound card and being processed by the game. I mean surely it has to go through some kind of pitch matching algorithm for every note that you play, right? And will it accurately track each note that you play through a really fast shred solo? I'm very skeptical, but it does look promising.

HOLY damn, that is one sweet thing, I was always wanting to see if they would ever create a game like this.. hope it works out, I wouldn't mind learning how to play these songs :cool:

sign me up for that one!!! looks great. ive beaten gh 123 and 80s and i still cant play guitar, with this i can learn atleast.

I've been playing guitar for near 10 years now, and I never could get the urge to play guitar alone. At band practice, fun. At home with a CD or metronome. NOT fun. This could change that though.

Its about DAMN TIME!!!!!

Ive only been saying they should have something like this since the first thread about "OMG, i play GH3 for hours a day". Gahhhh. never made any sense. You want to play a guitar, yet dont want to take the time to learn how to play, yet spend HOURS upon HOURS playing a FAKE guitar and somehow, that gives you a sense of "Yeahh, im playing a guitar"....Sickening...

I believe they will most probably use a USB connection. Ive already seen this type of application used in REAL guitar/PC lesson programs. Only difference between those programs and Guitar Rising is that one is a learning GAME, while the other is strictly learning.

When this comes out, I might actually pick it up. Already have 4 guitars to my name, so no added expense there....I look forward to when this comes out.

BooYAHH to all GH3 players.....hehe Time to actually LEARN to play.

EDIT: Oh, and as far as the easy and difficulty songs go....I fully expect to see Black Sabbath to be listed as EASY EASY beginners songs.

I get to use my own controller!!!?!?!?!?!? :eek:

glens_gear_01.jpg

Awesome. Absolutely awesome. I haven't picked up my guitar in a while. I use to play so much back in the day but I may have to dust off my BC Rich Beast for this and start shredding again.

Its about DAMN TIME!!!!!

Ive only been saying they should have something like this since the first thread about "OMG, i play GH3 for hours a day". Gahhhh. never made any sense. You want to play a guitar, yet dont want to take the time to learn how to play, yet spend HOURS upon HOURS playing a FAKE guitar and somehow, that gives you a sense of "Yeahh, im playing a guitar"....Sickening...

most people such as myself play guitar hero because they want to play a video game, not because they have any interest in learning to play a real guitar. I never once let myself be convinced that i was playing a real guitar.

This looks pretty sweet. How the hell is Guitar Hero type notation going to show a bend, though?

In defense of GH: I play guitar. I'm pretty damn good, actually. When I first played GH, I thought it was stupid and harder than real guitar. Then I got drunk and played it at a party with other people... and I realized that was it's true purpose. Since then I stopped bitching about it. If someone gets too mouthy I can get out the Start and show them how it's really done. My Mesa goes louder than my TV...

This looks pretty sweet. How the hell is Guitar Hero type notation going to show a bend, though?

In defense of GH: I play guitar. I'm pretty damn good, actually. When I first played GH, I thought it was stupid and harder than real guitar. Then I got drunk and played it at a party with other people... and I realized that was it's true purpose. Since then I stopped bitching about it. If someone gets too mouthy I can get out the Start and show them how it's really done. My Mesa goes louder than my TV...

QFT

Probably in a similar manner that it's shown in sheet music. Just the curved line. And the game could track pitch much like the vocal part of Rock Band tracks the pitch of your voice.

most people such as myself play guitar hero because they want to play a video game, not because they have any interest in learning to play a real guitar. I never once let myself be convinced that i was playing a real guitar.

I agree. This seems like something that will target a more nuanced market than Guitar Hero does.

this game would be totally awesome. i cant imagine how many new bands would form as a result.

I get to use my own controller!!!?!?!?!?!? :eek:/QUOTE]
Do I detect a green tortex? My plectrum of choice for many years. I think I would pick this up as well. Should be great for practice and increasing the old repetoire.

I cant wait till kids think they can master this like its a game, Some people will not have the patience but i think it will be a awesome learning tool to an extent, i will give it a go.

Awesome. Absolutely awesome. I haven't picked up my guitar in a while. I use to play so much back in the day but I may have to dust off my BC Rich Beast for this and start shredding again.

same here...except I have a fender strat...this may make me finally splurge for the UBER robotic gibson les paul! $2000 controller FTW!

Picture of green tortex clover.

Nice choice! I've got a pile of em sitting next to my computer now.

Also, I'd like to say that I too thought GH was dumb when I first heard about it. I play bass and guitar, but now that I've tried it, I gotta say I love GH too. No, it's not playing guitar, it's a game, but it's still a damn fun game.

Finally!!!

GH can go screw itself! A game for real guitar players!

That'll show some of those GH players what a real guitar AND timing is all about...

My local bar picked up a PS3 and hooked it up to a projector for 'Rock Band' night. I tried it and it was fun, but playing a real guitar, your fret hand wants to raom (especially if you kinda know the song) and its too SMALL! this looks right up my alley though. I haven't played in years...

thats freaking sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now if only they make on for a violin of some sort..... cuz I'm more interested in violin ;_;

same here...except I have a fender strat...this may make me finally splurge for the UBER robotic gibson les paul! $2000 controller FTW!

They're ~$3000ish, I checked a couple nights ago. Maybe they went up since there's only 4000 in the first run. If you know where to get a $2k robot, please pm me. I know someone that is seriously looking to buy one.

Thanks OP for posting this badass invention

I knew someone would pull this off!!!! So awesome!!!! Can't wait to choose one of my 5 axes to use as a controller!

They're ~$3000ish, I checked a couple nights ago. Maybe they went up since there's only 4000 in the first run. If you know where to get a $2k robot, please pm me. I know someone that is seriously looking to buy one.

Thanks OP for posting this badass invention

the guitar player in my band has one. its pretty damn nice but i still think he prefers his Ibanez JEMs. he has 2 white JEMs and a 20th aniversery JEM. rich bastard haha

What concerns me though is the possible delay between playing a note and having it being sent through the sound card and being processed by the game. I mean surely it has to go through some kind of pitch matching algorithm for every note that you play, right? And will it accurately track each note that you play through a really fast shred solo? I'm very skeptical, but it does look promising.

No fears.

The pickups handle all of the that. Electric (or Acoustic-Electric) guitars have been tunable through an electronic device for decades, it's actually a very easy thing to do electronically. All they need to do is wire a USB connector on the end of that tuner and your done.

Back