Guitar Hero Live Unveils Its First 24 Songs

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
FreeStyleGames and Activision have unveiled the first 24 tracks of its upcoming release of Guitar Hero Live this fall. The game will be released on PS 3, PS 4, Wii U, Xbox 360, and Xbox One and mobile platforms.

This is something we gave a load of thought to. Guitar Hero – by its name alone – has always been associated with classic rock tracks. And we know fans really love that type of music. So we wanted to make sure those fans weren’t disappointed.

That list of songs.... Wow.... Is it just me, or is that list horrible?

LOL, those songs are about as close to "classic rock" as One Direction.
While I don't mind Guitar Hero, the series has never been the same since development left Harmonix. They've been forever chasing Rock Band and doing a lesser job. Based upon what we know so far, that still holds true. Right down to them announcing a comeback right after Rock Band did. Unless Rock Band 4 mysteriously sucks, I'll pass.

Avenged Sevenfold – “Hail to the King”
Fleetwood Mac – “You Make Loving Fun”
Jack White – “Lazaretto”
The Killers – “Somebody Told Me”
Spin Doctors – “Little Miss Can’t Be Wrong”
The Who – “The Seeker”

First 6 for RB4. Already looking better than GH

TBH as an owner of a Wii U, I was excited about getting my old guitars and drum set out of storage to play Guitar Hero Live - until I found out you need new guitars. Screw that, I don't need more plastic instruments.

Instead I picked up Rocksmith 2014 for the PC and am playing on a real guitar.

Ok.... how do you play Bangarang with a guitar.

Stupid stupid stupid

BTW... Since we have Rocksmith now, who cares about GH ?

Looks ok to me, but I mostly play those games for the karaoke so I'm sure that I'm in a minority. I guess I'm more likely to buy Rock Band 4 anyway because original developer > original publisher. Activision is nearly as bad as EA or Ubisoft.

Avenged Sevenfold – “Hail to the King”
Fleetwood Mac – “You Make Loving Fun”
Jack White – “Lazaretto”
The Killers – “Somebody Told Me”
Spin Doctors – “Little Miss Can’t Be Wrong”
The Who – “The Seeker”

First 6 for RB4. Already looking better than GH

NOW THATS a good list

TBH as an owner of a Wii U, I was excited about getting my old guitars and drum set out of storage to play Guitar Hero Live - until I found out you need new guitars. Screw that, I don't need more plastic instruments.

WTF? What's the point of releasing this on last-gen consoles if you can't use the existing peripherals?

Instead I picked up Rocksmith 2014 for the PC and am playing on a real guitar.

Rockband said they will support the old hardware

You can't play Rocksmith after a few beers with a bunch of friends or random people at a party. It's totally different.

Yea, it must be totally fun to be only able to play by your self.

While I like rocksmith, both style games are fun and have their advantages.

Rocksmith gives you a sense of accomplishment. In GH, you accomplish hitting a button on a fake guitar in time with the screen.

In Rocksmith you learn stuffs.

Only two classic rock songs I see on that list:
  • The Rolling Stones - "Paint it Black"
  • Judas Priest - "Breaking the Law"
I guess "Cowboys from Hell" will qualify by the time the game comes out. If I'm not mistaken it's considered "classic" when it's at least 25 years old.

The rest of the quote from the OP. Of course there is a "but" to that first part...:
Jamie Jackson said:
But it’s been 10 years since the first Guitar Hero game came out. When you think of it like that, and think about how much the musical landscape has changed since then – that’s where we’ve been able to explore some new types of musical style as well. Guitar music is broader than it’s ever been – so we’re reflecting that in the range of music on offer.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Looks ok to me, but I mostly play those games for the karaoke so I'm sure that I'm in a minority. I guess I'm more likely to buy Rock Band 4 anyway because original developer > original publisher. Activision is nearly as bad as EA or Ubisoft.

You can't play Rocksmith after a few beers with a bunch of friends or random people at a party. It's totally different.
Don't know if you two have been paying attention, but this new Guitar Hero is back to guitar-only. I don't know if that includes co-op, yet.

Rock Band 4 is sounding so amazing right now. Supports old peripherals, your entire song collection from previous games, and they're updating vocals for all songs to include harmonies where appropriate. Can't wait to break out the plastic drums once more from their slumber :D.

Back