Guitar Hero 3 coming to pc!!!!

This is pretty sweet, maybe I'll get this over the PS2 version, especially if custom songs are possible.

And that would see the end of FretsOnFire :p

btw what does OP mean?
I see it everywhere :p

oh mah gawd. im getting this for SURE :D Custom songs FTW. need to put some dream theater in there...

Wow-- this might be the version to get... custom songs and mods would make an excellent GH game.

Im stickin with my Frets on Fire, just like it a lot better then guitar hero, dunno why.

Sweeeeettt!!

I'm sure people will figure out how to add mp3s or something into the game as well :D

I had a blast playing this on xbox 360 (GH2), didn't want to shell out just for this game though. Hopefully the price is good.

People already had the ability to add custom songs to the PS2 Guitar Hero, but it was a very complicated/long process.

I hope they add support in the PC game to do it.

A thought I had just now: even if people pirate this game, many would still buy the guitar to go with it. They would still make some money.

i'll probably still get it for my wii since i'd be playing it on a 37" tv instead of a 20" monitor.

Excellent! I can't wait untill people figure out how to mod in custom songs and note charts!

I do all my gaming on my monitor anyway, so it'll be nice to see GH3 at 1920x1200 and as much AA is it can handle. Take that consoles :p

I would say get it for the wii, since you could use a bluetooth dongle and play it on your computer as well. Best of both worlds.

Ive been playing REAL guitar since '92. Its not difficult at all, building a computer was much more difficult and building a computer is relatively simple.

Ive seen the guitar for GH2 and such. Its a hand held Dance Dance pad, basically. Pushing corresponding colored tabs on a piece of plastic shaped like a guitar (I use that word loosly).

So, what is it that I am missing about this GH stuff? You guys seem to enjoy it. Why?

I thought the DD games were rediculous, so I guess I carry over that feeling towards this GH stuff too.....Sorry if I come across as knockin the game, im not trying to, I just dont understand what it is about this game that thrills you guys. Pounding out riffs and power chords on a REAL guitar, to me, seems much more satisfiying.

So, why do YOU like GH?

Ive been playing REAL guitar since '92. Its not difficult at all, building a computer was much more difficult and building a computer is relatively simple.

Ive seen the guitar for GH2 and such. Its a hand held Dance Dance pad, basically. Pushing corresponding colored tabs on a piece of plastic shaped like a guitar (I use that word loosly).

So, what is it that I am missing about this GH stuff? You guys seem to enjoy it. Why?

I thought the DD games were rediculous, so I guess I carry over that feeling towards this GH stuff too.....Sorry if I come across as knockin the game, im not trying to, I just dont understand what it is about this game that thrills you guys. Pounding out riffs and power chords on a REAL guitar, to me, seems much more satisfiying.

So, why do YOU like GH?

Because you don't have to be good at guitar to play and because its so easy (well on easy setting not hard) that even little kids and non-gamers can really enjoy it. Its easy for people to pick up and in minutes be rocking out to some great songs.

Because you don't have to be good at guitar to play and because its so easy (well on easy setting not hard) that even little kids and non-gamers can really enjoy it. Its easy for people to pick up and in minutes be rocking out to some great songs.

So is a real guitar.

I know, a real guitar looks and seems overwhelming, but it isnt. When I first started wayy back when...I was shown the way....Do this, do that..I was playing Metallica and Slayer inside of 10 minutes.

No one is "good" at anything their first time. Even a brand new game will take time to learn, guitar is no different.

I'll just leave it at that before someone comes in here with a flame thrower, heh....

So is a real guitar.

I know, a real guitar looks and seems overwhelming, but it isnt. When I first started wayy back when...I was shown the way....Do this, do that..I was playing Metallica and Slayer inside of 10 minutes.

No one is "good" at anything their first time. Even a brand new game will take time to learn, guitar is no different.

I'll just leave it at that before someone comes in here with a flame thrower, heh....

*shrug* I was over at my GF's sister's house for their kid's birthday, and everyone from the adults to the 5 year olds were playing it (GH2) and having a blast.

So is a real guitar.

Why play shooters when you can go play airsoft or join the Army?

Why play shooters when you can go play airsoft or join the Army?

Who said I havent....

Save the flame for something better....I just didnt understand what was so "cool" about GH....

Peace

Who said I havent....

Save the flame for something better....I just didnt understand what was so "cool" about GH....

Peace

You didn't just say that, you clearly said all these people who like it should just go learn to play the guitar for real instead. Which is a really dumb thing to say, in a gaming forum, since you can say that about a HUGE portion of games.

Unless of course you are here to come out against gaming in general.

You didn't just say that, you clearly said all these people who like it should just go learn to play the guitar for real instead. Which is a really dumb thing to say, in a gaming forum, since you can say that about a HUGE portion of games.

Unless of course you are here to come out against gaming in general.

Bro....

Your nuts.....

Instead of putting words into my mouth, why not tell me about the game and why YOU like it....Thats all I was really asking to begin with.....

Im a guitar player.....but have no interest in this game.....Just wanted to know what makes it interesting to others.....

I've put in probably 4 hours of my life trying to learn guitar and got fed up and gave up (mind you i wasn't taking lessons)

i put in 10 minutes in GH2 and i picked up just like that

at the same time GH is nothing like real guitar, but its still fun

i got a thing for hand-eye co-ordination rhythem games, whethers its DDR, GH, or Elite Beat Agents.

the flash lights and the awesome set-list is what makes Guitar Hero so great and is the reason why GuitarFreak never really took off in North America.

just the awesome set-up, the attitude of the game, and the simpleness of it is what makes it so darn popular.

most of my friends who play guitar mock it, but when one of them picks it up and starts playing, the first thing they say is "boy is this tough!" its funny

and in the end they usually like it, some others, well not so much

its either a hate-it-or-love-it deal with GH, however most love it :p

Bro....

Your nuts.....

Instead of putting words into my mouth, why not tell me about the game and why YOU like it....Thats all I was really asking to begin with.....

Im a guitar player.....but have no interest in this game.....Just wanted to know what makes it interesting to others.....

It doesn't take years to become proficient at and it is more fun then callouses on the fingers.

Building a computer is more difficult than playing Guitar? If you say so. :confused:

So, why do YOU like GH?

The thing about GH is that it's very accessible. I hand someone my Strat and they give me a blank look. I turn on GH and they can pick up the guitar and play their favorite songs. It doesn't require years of practice to have fun with the game.

If it's not your cup of tea to play these types of games then move along.

I enjoy playing my real guitar just as much as anything else.. but not being in a real band, I think Guitar Hero is great. The game is just fun.

Don't knock it till ya try it.

And theres no way I could start playing Metallica or Slayer in ten minutes. You must be a musical prodigy.

I don't want to step on any toes, but what the hell is Guitar Hero anyways? Isn't it for children who want to pretend to be rock stars (I honestly don't know). I've seen it in passing a couple times and it looked....umm....ridiculous. Perhaps I just don't understand and haven't given it a chance, but it just doesn't look like anything a grownup would want to fool with.

On the contrary, it is very popular among adults. In fact, I know some people that work in offices and play it all the time at the office on break or whenever.

I don't want to step on any toes, but what the hell is Guitar Hero anyways? Isn't it for children who want to pretend to be rock stars (I honestly don't know). I've seen it in passing a couple times and it looked....umm....ridiculous. Perhaps I just don't understand and haven't given it a chance, but it just doesn't look like anything a grownup would want to fool with.

I thought the same thing until I played it myself. It's pointless to try and convey its appeal in words; if you want to know what the big deal is, find someone who has it and give it a try yourself.

metallica or slayer with in ten minutes? lol i need to come over and confiscate your hands please.

within a month or so i could hack a few riffs from slayer but that was it, not nearly as good as it should sound.

I know some people have some natural talent and others have none (me). But I been playing 4 years now and i still suck. I've got mad speed and decent rythm but still don't know more than 4 or 5 chords etc.

I do enjoy guitar hero, but mostly for the game-ish points: scores, competition, and its a game thats enough right there for me to enjoy it :p

that said, i can't stand the game on any difficulty under hard. I'm not even good at expert mode in GH2 (GH1 yea it was easier) but even if it kicks my ass i can't play on a difficulty that feels like it's skipping notes (ie medium etc) this is something maybe someone who hasn't p layed real guitar wouldn't have a problem with.

I play guitar too. I scoffed at GH for a while until I really tried it, and I love it. It's just a blast to play. Just like any of the other rhythm games, DDR, Elite Beat Agents; it just gets you going and its easy to pick up on. SAW, don't think you're some big hotshot because you can play real guitar... almost everybody does these days anyway.

Back