Guitar Hero 2 360 Shipped!

JonnyK

2[H]4U
My order for the GH2 + 2 guitars bundle from redoctane shipped today and should arrive by tuesday :p anyone else get the confirmation?

wish the guitar was wireless

me too, I can see why MS doesn't want to give out the wireless signature, but come on, look at all the potential a wireless guitar could have....maybe if MS would just design the guitar and release it we would all be happy.

I seriously wont be picking this up due to the guitar not being wireless.
I just have this thing with wires in my entertainment room(actually my wife does).

I know how much fun ill be missing out on, and it makes me sad.

I don't know, I played GH2 on wireless guitars for the PS2, and it sucked. There was a perceivable amount of lag from the buttons.... which is all you need to ruin a perfectly good rhythm game.

Wired guitars for me, thanks.

I have it for PS2, but a friend of mine offered to buy my PS2 version, so I'll be getting the 360 version next week. I've played with the 360 guitar a couple times at Best Buy, and it feels a lot nicer than the PS2 version. Much more solid feeling.

How about giving some reasons why? Do certain parts get in the way of your hand? Is it the shape? It would be nice to have a little more than "it sucks!"

YOU try playing a non symmetrical guitar in an orientation it was not intended.

edit: looking at the thing, the trem bar would be in the way, and the weight is off balance. You really can't hendrix a guitar like that reasonably

Geez, leftys are kind of ferocious....

it's just extremely frustrating living in a right handed world. Guitars especially. Walk into a guitar center and look at 100's of right handed guitars...and 5 left handed ones.

THEN...take an awesome game, and while it did suck, it was easily manageable with the SG ps2 controller, try and use an Explorer the way KaosDG said. Unbalanced, tremolo in the way...

I mean, if you ARE going to make a guitar game, and you HAVE to know that there are going to be left-handers that want to play, at least model it after a guitar that can be flipped (SG, Strat, Flying V, etc)

I was actually looking forward to all the 'buy extra songs' thing XBox360 and live offered until i saw this controller. Hopefully someone aftermarket might release a different style that is compatible with the 360, or it looks like the ps2 is still sticking around for a while!

YOU try playing a non symmetrical guitar in an orientation it was not intended.

edit: looking at the thing, the trem bar would be in the way, and the weight is off balance. You really can't hendrix a guitar like that reasonably

Hey, you don't need to get on me about having to deal with being left handed, I am too. I'm just not completely and totally left hand only, I do something right handed just because that's how I learned to do it. I used to mess around with guitars sometimes, and did it right handed just because.

Hey, you don't need to get on me about having to deal with being left handed, I am too. I'm just not completely and totally left hand only, I do something right handed just because that's how I learned to do it. I used to mess around with guitars sometimes, and did it right handed just because.

I'm not one of those do everything left handed kinds, but there are a few things that I do do left handed. But I play real guitar right handed...I knew how hard it would be to get guitars for left handers...so when I started to learn to play the guitar, I just bit the bullet and learned on a right handed guitar. After two years of playing, it feels natural.

My order for the GH2 + 2 guitars bundle from redoctane shipped today and should arrive by tuesday :p anyone else get the confirmation?

wait, so whats the official release date? If its out i need to go pick it up.

Dear god, DJMax Portable 2 and Guitar hero 360 in the same week. My fingers are going to fall off.

Not getting on you, just sayin...

i play guitar righty, but i know lefty players that are always complaining

official release date is 3rd i think, which makes me suprised they will ship it out early to get it here by the real release date.

I kinda wanted a wireless guitar but then i realized that most bands use wired guitars and they still go crazy on stage so it shouldn't be a issue i figured. Plus any lag is unacceptable in this game, which is the main reason i sold my ps2 version and am getting this one, my hd-tv has a real small amount of lag which is annoying.

What is the appeal of this game? My step daughters boyfriend had one of these for his PS2 or something awhile back and I never saw the point of it. Seems more like a kids game than anything else.

What is the appeal of this game? My step daughters boyfriend had one of these for his PS2 or something awhile back and I never saw the point of it. Seems more like a kids game than anything else.

It's kinda like DDR for guitar people i guess?

DDR for the lazy?

you have to press the buttons in order/time with the music. It's like being able to play along with the songs, for the non-musical.

(it's hard for me, since i'm a "real" guitar player. I find myself trying to actually play the song instead of play the game)

Ah, ok I guess its just not my kind of game, I never got into DDR either.

Back