Guild Wars: The Complete Collection

Raudulfr

2[H]4U
Hello,

I've spotted this game for around $40, it includes all Guild Wars games. Since I've never played GW before I was wondering if I should buy it. Would it provide me with many hours of gameplay? Is it fun?

Sorry to open a new thread about it but since the game is a bit old...

Good for you, but that doesn't really answer my question :p

P.S.: It's not the same game. That only has the three campaigns and is more expensive ;)

Was talking more to wahoyaho.

Anyways, yes...BUY IT. I love the games myself...Im playing right now.

Look me up if you get it: Ashlia Highwind

I was really into the original Guild Wars and the first expansion, but I just grew tired of it after a while. It is still a pretty fun game, and you can play it for 100's of hours. There are so many character builds that you spend a lot of time creating and leveling them up.

I was a PvE player and never really got into guild gaming (though I did belong to a couple). I am sure that the guild aspect is pretty fun for those that like that sort of thing.

The best part of Guild Wars is that there are no online costs. If I wanted to get back into it today, I could and my characters are still there from last year. It is a fun game, though there are parts that are very time consumiing.

Thanks for all your input.

I was really into the original Guild Wars and the first expansion, but I just grew tired of it after a while. It is still a pretty fun game, and you can play it for 100's of hours. There are so many character builds that you spend a lot of time creating and leveling them up.

I was a PvE player and never really got into guild gaming (though I did belong to a couple). I am sure that the guild aspect is pretty fun for those that like that sort of thing.

The best part of Guild Wars is that there are no online costs. If I wanted to get back into it today, I could and my characters are still there from last year. It is a fun game, though there are parts that are very time consumiing.

That's OK. I have plenty of time to spare ;) And since I'll be saving up soon to buy a new 24" monitor I'll buy less games so I need games that last :)

I think Guild Wars, Civ IV, Test Drive Unlimited, The Orange Box, Fallout 3 and GTA IV will be enough to occupy my time until February :D

BTW, does anyone have a trial key for Guild Wars? I'd like to try it out before I buy it but I can't find any :(

its a sweet deal if you ask me. I played the original games enough to justify 40$ on the first only. So all the game together is a must buy

Guild Wars is freaking awesome. I have been playing off and on for 3 years +. PVP is the most tactical of any RPG I've seen. Tons of content, no grind, excellent PVP. One of my favorite PC games of all time.

The developers of this game really care about it. There is always new content, bug fixes, and balance fixes. I really can't see Guild Wars 2 being a bad game, those guys really got their shit together. The combat system is my favorite out there, only being able to use 8 skills at a time makes so many builds possible and each one plays so different. If you get into a good guild this game will keep you busy for a while unless you don't like the non open world.

25 quid for the lot sounds like a great deal. I've started playing again recently, and while I still think the original Prophecies is by far the best campaign, the others have their moments.

its a good game, but there isn't much to do after you beat the game. Item/trading system is really medicore. There only like 10 different mods, and theres really no difference between items other than skins.

How many still play this actively online? My friends were really hyped about it but I never got into it.

its a fun game for a while...I played it for along time when it first came out. Then then started nerfing everything and ruining certain builds. I used to love my 55h monk...I could take on 30 griffons at once and not break a sweat.

the thing that is lacking with GW is the lack of gear and the lvl cap...once you hit lvl 20 it seemd like the game got boring to me. everyone looks the same, everyone has the same gear. after they started adding expansions it was just more of the same. nothign new besides the areas...you still stayed at lvl 20 and still had basically the same gear. I still have mine installed and logged in about a month ago but after a half hour or so it was still the same old GW to me...

OK... so I played for an hour or so and I've got to say, well I don't know really. The game isn't bad, I reckon I'm just not cut out for this type of games :)

I think I'll buy The Witcher EE afterall.

I think I'll buy The Witcher EE afterall.

Well now if it's GW vs. The Witcher, that's a different story. I've spent thousands of hours in GW, but The Witcher has to be one of my favourite games of all time. I'd get both, but then I already did.

Back