Guild Wars Impressions

BassTek

Supreme [H]ardness
Unfortunately I missed out on the 3 day trial during E3 but I am quite interested in the game. Hopefully some of you played the game and can leave a few thoughts about it. What did you think? Also please post any screenshots that you may have taken during your trial time.

PissWater

Limp Gawd
I played the game for about 20 minutes, The game was really cool but I was under the impression that it was an MMORPG and not a regular RPG. I quit after the short gameplay session because I thought to myself "Damn im not gunna pay a monthly fee for this shit" but on further review and reading the FAQ on the official website it seems like its gunna be awsome. Im propably gunna buy it and cant wait to get into the PvP.

CaNaDian PyRo

Limp Gawd
I played it for a couple of hours, and I wasn't too impressed. Given more time I may come to like it, but my initial experience I found it lacking somewhat.

BassTek

Supreme [H]ardness
Well the game won't have a monthly fee, so that makes it a little different than the current crop of MMORPGs. I'm wondering if they'll use that as an excuse to be weak on content, resulting in the game being pure pvp action (which isn't bad I suppose).

They plan to make their money of regular expansions every few (6?) months, so I guess it all depends how much these packs will cost, and what will they add? Although it's good to know that someone who owns an expansion can invite you into it if you're in their team, so players will have a chance to explore it before they buy it.

Stiler

[H]F Junkie
PissWater said:
I played the game for about 20 minutes, The game was really cool but I was under the impression that it was an MMORPG and not a regular RPG. I quit after the short gameplay session because I thought to myself "Damn im not gunna pay a monthly fee for this shit" but on further review and reading the FAQ on the official website it seems like its gunna be awsome. Im propably gunna buy it and cant wait to get into the PvP.

there is NO monthly fee for it, that's one of the main points of it.

The game is bascially a battle.net style system, except that the "chat/meeting" room is actually part of the game and thus is where they get a large # of people together.

I played the game when it opened early (like a day or two before it was supposed to)

I absolutley LOVED it. Finally another online rpg that just basically didn't feel like a grind. Perhaps because it actually gives you the sense of adventuring for the sake of exploring.

The group missions are neat and actually have thier own nifty little touches and storylines to go with that other mmorpgs lack.

I'm defiently going to be picking it up when it comes out.

Also i was throughly impressed with their netcode. Running it on a dial up with those nice graphics with a ton of people in the same area and it didn't lag, the net bandwidth usually was in the 1.5-2kb/sec range, sometimes even lower on missions and such.

The "style" of the graphics were really neat, realy helped give the world it's own feeling and the "glowing" technology was spiffy.

Basically, it's one of the few online rpg's that was fun and didn't feel like a boring old GRIND. It was fun to play the missions, it was fun to simply "explore" the solo area's, finding treasures and such.