guild wars beta event this weekend

spydermonkey

2[H]4U
for all of you who purchased the pre order of guild wars, there is a beta event this weekend, Feb 18 - 20. if you haven't bought the pre order yet and want it, get out there and buy it!

yeah i can't wait to start playing. i gotta wait a little more, though... sucks.

was there a character wipe between this weekend and the last one?

I'd like to hear some of your guys opinions. Having become disenchanted with WoW, I've been interested in Guild Wars.

no character wipe :cool: played til my dsl dropped out... grr. i was in the middle of a mission.

i like the game. it is still in beta, so it has some bugs still (a little laggy, but that's probably my end, not theirs, and some other minor things) the gameplay is as simple or complex as you want it to be. you can click on a monster and wait while your character attacks, or take a more active role and use skills or spells. lots of fun. only major complaint i have - quests are long (hour+) and you can't leave off in the middle. if you don't finish a quest, you start it over. but w/e... it would be pretty hard to have partial quests with the party system in guild wars. and i think most other MMORPGs have this problem as well. it is nice that you can do a quest as many times as you want, though.

i like the game, and i'm glad i preordered it. can't wait til april 27th.

not sure why this was moved to the lan party section, but oh well. played it for a while. i really, really, really hate fire imps. i remember the mission protecting the con-something guy being easier in the october beta event. other than that, looks like some good improvements since i last tried it. cant wait for this to come out.

I don't like the new position for the guild information window. It used to be a tab under the arena options screen, so it was always one click away. Now it's under menu-guild which is a little harder to get to.

A small complaint I know, too bad I won't have much time to play this weekend to check out all the new changes.

Maybe the mod thought the beta event = Even in a physical location, esp. since you put a date there...

But its not. Its when they open up their servers for those who pre-ordered it... they get to play a lil bit for the weekend and then its gone. Kinda like a 48 hour CS server...

So...can it be moved back to games? :p

I thought the new area was cool, but I still wish there was more customization in the characters...perhaps a few new critters to fight. I'm not too crazy about the new GUI either...

yeah when i first started the game, i went to the side menu to see if anyone in my guild was online... then i said "wtf?" cause nothing was there. then i tried the "menu" button and it was in there. more like other games, i suppose... but i liked in in the side menu thing. it let you play with the guild/friends list open without it getting in the way (it'd shrink the viewport, but w/e) now it is just on top. better the other way.

i've got some screenshots up here if anyone's interested. these are the same ones i posted in the other thread.

thanks for the move back, itll bring more opinions :) anyway, i played in the beta event, and really enjoyed it. being my first mmorpg, it took some getting used to. i originally started at lvl 20, but didnt know that i was supposed to allocate points to blood magic, death magic, etc. started game over at lvl 1 instead, and really enjoyed leveling up that way. anyway, i'll post when another beta event comes up next month. i know i'm looking forward to it ;) look for me as a necro/monk (weird combo) named Spyder Monkey

edit: btw, i really hate fire imps.

Heh, wait till you start running into the Char on a regular basis, fire imps are wimpy (though large numbers fire imps still suck)

Can't wait till this game goes retail! I'm really bummed because I'll be on vacation during the next BWE... :(

Tried it back at the World Preview, found basically no substance to it, ended up uninstalling by Saturday morning.

Guild vs Guild battles in this game are like crack. Try one and you're stuck on the server until 5am. It is the single best PvP experience that I have had outside of a FPS.

Its not MMORPG, its RPG Unreal Tournament style. I didn't play through the single player of UT more than a couple times.

The single player and cooperative players vs monsters is a small part of the game (actually the weakest part so far IMO). The real meat is in the PVP and GVG (Hence the name guild wars)

If you are playing "to take down the dragon" you might be a little dissapointed.

I like it so far. Tons of strategy when you go 8vs8 vs 8vs8, or play king of the hill.

Back