Guild Wars 2: The Ranger

This is definitely a top 3 game pick for me over the next 2 years. I'm praying to get in to beta!

I might have to give this thing a shot.

How's part 1 aged these days? I probably could take it for a test spin on the cheap. Worth my time or just wait for this?

How's part 1 aged these days? I probably could take it for a test spin on the cheap. Worth my time or just wait for this?

Guild Wars is fairly active with nearly bi-weekly updates still. It's got a really good story imho. If you've never played through any or all the campaigns. I would say it's worth it.

How long til people bitch about the Ranger needing a nerf like they got in Guild Wars?

How long til people bitch about the Ranger needing a nerf like they got in Guild Wars?

From the videos, apparently every class can 1 -shot kill things or 1-special move kill things.

But I do somewhat agree in the general sense that sometimes other things need tweaked up a bit instead of nerfing just one thing that is a little different to play and fun because of that. In the case of every tank in every MMO to date has been a boring slog of a class to play unless you are in a full group going up against big baddies or carrying around a complete set of different equipment to make you not totally suck for other purposes.

Try the trial, you can start playing in minutes since it streams while you play :D. I find the game awesome possum (Guild Wars is not an MMO just so you know)

@veterator
They say the removed the cooldown and other stuff to show off the ungodly powers xD

I'm surprised they went with an over the top skill animation don't know how I feel about it but I am stocked and want the beta ASAP. Day 1, day 1.

Also Mesmers > All

guild wars was one of the best games i've ever played.

making it to the hall of heroes and defending against crazy german/korean/chinese teams was... so perfect.

i can't wait for gw2.

Awesome thing about Guildwars was that Korean's didn't completely dominate the game like some other ones. I mean, they were high as well, but it was a struggle, and guilds status changed back and forth all the time.

Even if you just play guild wars by yourself you get a full length campaign (very long if anything compared to SP campaigns)... and everything is pretty much doable with mercs / heroes.

I don't mind guild wars, but some of the features and such of the game annoys me enough to make me take breaks from it.

Dual Classing, I am very unfamiliar with most the classes as I never got really big into the game and stopped playing for a few years...I bought a group pack with a couple expansions for GW off steam few months back. Irritated me when the guides I read online didn't seem to be true anymore with changes the game had made, so I ended up with some characters that had some pretty shitty skill combos. The game says you can't change the dual class in the text boxes when you pick one, so I dunno if you can or not...but it happened to me twice so I got irritated and quit playing.

Controls, Not a big fan of click to go to games when they are more like FPS than RTS. And their targetting system acted in unexpected ways in the middle of fights sometimes. Controls are a little funky to me based on previous game layouts.

Account theft protection, the knowing your character name is fine if you play a lot but when I have to pick like 20 different names to get one I think I can remember tomorrow and isn't already taken....a year later there's just no way Im going to remember a character name unless I write them down somewhere. They definitely need to get rid of this in GW2 because it's a PITA if you have to re-install the game every so often and forget the char name or exact spelling.

I don't mind guild wars, but some of the features and such of the game annoys me enough to make me take breaks from it.

Dual Classing, I am very unfamiliar with most the classes as I never got really big into the game and stopped playing for a few years...I bought a group pack with a couple expansions for GW off steam few months back. Irritated me when the guides I read online didn't seem to be true anymore with changes the game had made, so I ended up with some characters that had some pretty shitty skill combos. The game says you can't change the dual class in the text boxes when you pick one, so I dunno if you can or not...but it happened to me twice so I got irritated and quit playing.

Controls, Not a big fan of click to go to games when they are more like FPS than RTS. And their targetting system acted in unexpected ways in the middle of fights sometimes. Controls are a little funky to me based on previous game layouts.

Account theft protection, the knowing your character name is fine if you play a lot but when I have to pick like 20 different names to get one I think I can remember tomorrow and isn't already taken....a year later there's just no way Im going to remember a character name unless I write them down somewhere. They definitely need to get rid of this in GW2 because it's a PITA if you have to re-install the game every so often and forget the char name or exact spelling.

There's no bad combination of primary / secondary classes and you can respec / select new skills in town freely.

I never clicked to move in GW.

There's no bad combination of primary / secondary classes and you can respec / select new skills in town freely.

I never clicked to move in GW.

Nor do I in general in GW, but because of a weird combo of click to move and regular controls my character would not be engaging the enemy I thought I was trying to attack (similar names etc). It was bizarre, but all I knew was when I hit spacebar they would figure out what was going on and move around to engage.. I looked in controls but I wasn't sure what I was looking to disable/enable exactly because that was a unique thing to GW for me.

Nor do I in general in GW, but because of a weird combo of click to move and regular controls my character would not be engaging the enemy I thought I was trying to attack (similar names etc). It was bizarre, but all I knew was when I hit spacebar they would figure out what was going on and move around to engage.. I looked in controls but I wasn't sure what I was looking to disable/enable exactly because that was a unique thing to GW for me.

The click to move thing is big in Korean MMO's. I played Silkroad Online which didn't have a WASD option at all. Lineage was also big on click to move.

me no clicky either... anyway I just got into guild wars this summer. I'm loving it, and GW2 sounds like it's going to be great as well!

GW1 was a pretty decent game, GW2 looks better, I am sure the gold seller are lining up now to get there copy.

Worst game by far for gold sellers was GW1 never did i get more tells then in that game.
Hated going back to town for that reason

GW1 was a pretty decent game, GW2 looks better, I am sure the gold seller are lining up now to get there copy.

Worst game by far for gold sellers was GW1 never did i get more tells then in that game.
Hated going back to town for that reason

I just started playing a couple months ago, and they must of done something about it; because i have not found anyone selling gold.... There are plenty of people selling in game items for in game currency, but that's about it.

Back