Guild wars 2 gameplay footage..looks awesome.

Supposedly no instanced zones. That is I believe that to be the case.

Looks a lot different from what GW1 was really excited about this and cant wait to play it

They've said no instanced zones, but they've also said no monthly fee, either one on their own I might believe, but both together I find unlikely. Still we'll wait and see. And we need better quality vids, blurry 420p isn't going to cut it :/

Supposedly no instanced zones. That is I believe that to be the case.

I hope there isn't any instanced zones, that's one of the main reasons I was turned off from GW1, it felt like I was playing a singler player game when I went out of the city to kill stuff.

I hope there isn't any instanced zones, that's one of the main reasons I was turned off from GW1, it felt like I was playing a singler player game when I went out of the city to kill stuff.

Ya I never played GW1 but I had heard that about the game and it's one of the reasons I stayed away from it to be honest.

Aoc's instanced zones always pissed me off too even though I only played it for 2 months when it first came out.

No real issue with instanced zones. It's either a loading screen or some travel mechanic, either way getting from one end of the world to the other is going to take some time.

That HD video looks nuts. I want this, I think.

This does look good.

Let me ask you all something. It's kind of a side issue that's sort of related:

I've always liked the music to these games, done by Jeremy Soule. I'd always buy the music off of DirectSong without any problems. Anyone ever use that service?

For some reason, I bought something here recently off of them and basically paid $4 to get a file with a 3 KB text file in it and a service ticket that's gone unanswered for over two weeks.

They used to kick ass. I must have bought 8 different pieces of music from them in the past with no issues whatsoever.

Anyone have any insight on that because I know I'll want Jeremy's music to Guild Wars 2 and I want to be all set because I suspect it'll come out through Direct Song.

Never played GW1. I was always against MMOs until I played AOC. I liked more of the "hack 'n slash" gameplay.

GW2 looks very nice and I am thinking about trying it out when it is released, but how was the combat in GW1? Was it more WOW style, press 1, wait for attack cooldown, press 2 (etc), or is it more like AoC?

I love the gameplay and combat in Vindictus, but it isn't an openworld game :(

*Edit*

Some of the events do looks very cool. Teamwork for the win!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCcQ7hvyTOk

Last edited:
i didnt finish the first game due to boredom can someone explain to me why are we allied with the charr??? I thought they were the enemies

i didnt finish the first game due to boredom can someone explain to me why are we allied with the charr??? I thought they were the enemies

Well in the last GW expansion "Eye of the North" there was a threat to all of tyria (The Great Destoryer and his minions), and the humans had to band together with the charr, the dwarves, the norn, and the asura to defeat the Great Destroyer. It just so turns out that he was only a General compared to the real threat. Now GW2 is 250 years (I think) in the future.

Never played GW1. I was always against MMOs until I played AOC. I liked more of the "hack 'n slash" gameplay.

GW2 looks very nice and I am thinking about trying it out when it is released, but how was the combat in GW1? Was it more WOW style, press 1, wait for attack cooldown, press 2 (etc), or is it more like AoC?

I love the gameplay and combat in Vindictus, but it isn't an openworld game :(

*Edit*

Some of the events do looks very cool. Teamwork for the win!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCcQ7hvyTOk

GW1 combat is 'like' WOW in that you press 1, 2, etc. , wait for cooldown, auto attack, however that's about the only thing they have in common.

I played AoC as well, but I wouldn't say the directional system was an 'improvement' over your traditional MMO system.

game looks alot like the first guildwars, I was thinking it would be completely different, hoping the 9 skill bar was getting upped to like 20+. I hope theres some real raiding in this one.

I'm going to be so upset if this game doesn't properly support Eyefinity resolutions. :(

highest rated comment

Compared to all these other mmorpg's that are coming out, this one (in my opinion) has the best graphics by far. It honestly looks a million times better when you're playing it on your computer in highest quality. Great vids Enigmatican. Ty. :)

yeah graphics!

GW1 combat is 'like' WOW in that you press 1, 2, etc. , wait for cooldown, auto attack, however that's about the only thing they have in common.

I played AoC as well, but I wouldn't say the directional system was an 'improvement' over your traditional MMO system.

Then I'd say it's likely that you didn't fully grasp the dynamic it introduced. The combat in AoC was far better than any other MMO I've played, or it was when I finally figured out the full extent of it. The first few months I hated it.

Then I'd say it's likely that you didn't fully grasp the dynamic it introduced. The combat in AoC was far better than any other MMO I've played, or it was when I finally figured out the full extent of it. The first few months I hated it.

I had a level 80 ranger and a level 78 HoX before I quit (the game just simply lacked content at the time). Aside from several extra buttons, it created a giant rift between directional users and spell casters where this 'feature' was mysteriously missing.

I didn't think it added anything extra to the game aside from several extra keystrokes. I liked the combat, but there's more to gameplay than what buttons you press and honestly out of all the MMO's I've played, Guild Wars 1 had the tighest PvP in terms of strategy, individual builds, team builds, coordination, individual skill, and team overall team coherence. I was a gladiator in WOW and was on the top seeded American team in the first international Guild Wars tournament.

AoC pvp was of course, a joke.

If we can play single player all the way through I might consider it - but some nights, like tonight, I have an hour to game at most, and on those nights I don't want to jack around.

People can ruin your fun very rapidly. I absolutely hate griefers, dislike people who don't play properly, and don't understand why some people don't want to play at all, but prefer to stand there, doing not much of anything.

For this reason MMOs are a huge turnoff for me, though I have hopes for The New Republic, which I consider to be KOTOR 3.

No real issue with instanced zones. It's either a loading screen or some travel mechanic, either way getting from one end of the world to the other is going to take some time.

That HD video looks nuts. I want this, I think.

as soon as you discovered a new place you could instantly teleport to that place.

i loved gw1. it was far better than any MMO i have played. absoluetly loved it. great storyline and not a bloody grindfest like most MMO's are

If we can play single player all the way through I might consider it - but some nights, like tonight, I have an hour to game at most, and on those nights I don't want to jack around.

People can ruin your fun very rapidly. I absolutely hate griefers, dislike people who don't play properly, and don't understand why some people don't want to play at all, but prefer to stand there, doing not much of anything.

For this reason MMOs are a huge turnoff for me, though I have hopes for The New Republic, which I consider to be KOTOR 3.

I don't know about GW2... but in GW1 you could literally play from beginning to end with nothing but henchmen / heroes. Some dungeons were very difficult with just NPC's, but you could do all of the main plot missions / quests reasonably easily.

This sort of system has pros and cons... pros being you can solo the main content if you want. Cons being it suddenly makes a MMO less social. I prefer a mix of both personally.

I don't know about GW2... but in GW1 you could literally play from beginning to end with nothing but henchmen / heroes. Some dungeons were very difficult with just NPC's, but you could do all of the main plot missions / quests reasonably easily.

This sort of system has pros and cons... pros being you can solo the main content if you want. Cons being it suddenly makes a MMO less social. I prefer a mix of both personally.

I enjoyed having the NPCs around to fill a spot or two in a mostly human group, super useful when you just couldn't find an extra healer or nuker.

If I have the option to go solo that will greatly increase the chances that I maybe take a shot at this.

I belong to a different generation of gamer. Being older, I prefer to spend time by myself, something I don't get to do nearly as often as I'd like. I game, in part, to get away from people. The last thing I want to do, after kind of fighting with people all day in the real world, is to be around people when I'm relaxing at home.

Young people, I realize, have a constant need to be around people. Thanks, but no thanks.

I played 1 and didn't like the henchmen at all. They got all the loot and I got 4 exp per kill rofl
I could solo anything one week and kill nothing the next since they nerfed EVERYTHING that was fun.

They never had an Auction house but said it was in the works for 2 years. CAN YOU SAY BIG LIE?
of course the girl and the frog were naturals at lying...I think thats all they did.

yea and the nerfs destroyed the game play. DID I MENTION THOSE NERFS?

since its the same people running it now...I can't say enough about their user go to hell attitude.

I played 1 and didn't like the henchmen at all. They got all the loot and I got 4 exp per kill rofl
I could solo anything one week and kill nothing the next since they nerfed EVERYTHING that was fun.

They never had an Auction house but said it was in the works for 2 years. CAN YOU SAY BIG LIE?
of course the girl and the frog were naturals at lying...I think thats all they did.

yea and the nerfs destroyed the game play. DID I MENTION THOSE NERFS?

since its the same people running it now...I can't say enough about their user go to hell attitude.

1) loot and exp hardly mattered
2) lack of auction house wasn't as big a deal since the items that were traded were typically very standard items
3) I don't know what you mean by girl and frog
4) I'm assuming by nerfs you mean they nerfed solo farming. It was never intended for 55 hp monks to solo underworld.

Back