Guild Wars 2 || $10 || Jan 24 & 25!

doug_7506

2[H]4U
Stole this from slickdeals. One of my favorite games ever!

Guild Wars 2 Digital Heroic Edition (PC Digital Download) for $9.99 at 75% off (Jan 24-25)
Guildwars2.com [guildwars2.com] will offer Guild Wars 2 Heroic Edition (PC Digital Download) for $9.99 at 75% off from 8:00 a.m. PST on Saturday, January 24 through 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, January 25. The deluxe edition will also be on sale at 75% off. This would be the historic low for the game.

Source: http://www.tentonhammer.com/news/...st-slashed

Edit: This game has no subscription fee!

Outside of the event, PAX South weekend has big incentives for existing and new players alike to jump in and play Guild Wars 2. The game will be on sale for 75 percent off all weekend. At $9.99 for the base edition, this is the biggest sale for one of the most critically-acclaimed games of all time, and a steal for a MMO that doesn’t charge subscription fees. The 75 percent off discount applies to all editions of the game purchased through buy.guildwars2.com from 8:00 a.m. PST on Saturday, January 24 through 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, January 25.

http://slickdeals.net/f/7611728-gui...tal-download-for-9-99-at-75-off-jan-24-25?v=1

^same

played like a whole 20 minutes of the free weekend thy had not to long ago but my vid card crapped out and i missed it :/

unbelievable amount of quality mmo gameplay for only $10

absolutely worth it.

This game has no monthly subscription. Great game play for the occasional care-bare player or hardcore PvP player.

ah yes B2P, meant they got rid of or are goin to get rid of the sub.

There never was a subscription fee. It has always been free to play after the initial purchase. You can certainly spend money on useful in-game content, such as bank space, extra character slots, XP boosters, etc. You can also spend money to get in-game currency, but gold is so easy to get in the game that its not practical at all to spend money to buy gems and convert them to gold.

Last edited:
For $10 I think this is ridiculous value. I really enjoyed the game all they way up to 80 (max level) which you reach quickly and zero grind is required anywhere. Even after you get up to that, for a while, there is plenty of new things to try. Just take it at your own pace. Explore. See the world. Play with the stats however you want. Any build and setup can easily make it to max level and do max level content.

There are definitely some problems with the game (and have been for a long time now) but you won't really run into those until you have been 80 for a while and want to play with the the more serious folks (or PvP).

This is a good game. I was super skeptical, but I bought it because of no monthly fee...and was NOT disappointed.

There is good content, a beautiful world to explore, a pretty good community and it "streamlines" many of the old, inefficient systems that you might be used to from other older MMOs.

I liked it, and I didnt even want to...it's a steal at 10$

There are definitely some problems with the game (and have been for a long time now) but you won't really run into those until you have been 80 for a while and want to play with the the more serious folks (or PvP).

What are the major PVP issues that you mean? My guild is starting up some GW2 and I was going to play some, I particularly love WVW-style play but if I get into the game enough would probably join a team for sPVP.

I played this game on and off since release, before selling my account to another forum member. It's a great game, the only thing I didn't like was the lack of a dedicated healer class (it's my major love in MMO's)

Thinking about dropping the 10 on a new account and playing through again for world completion. Now to pick a class :)

Debating it.
The beta didn't impress me, thought it was pretty boring actually. Mostly the combat.

What are the major PVP issues that you mean? My guild is starting up some GW2 and I was going to play some, I particularly love WVW-style play but if I get into the game enough would probably join a team for sPVP.

sPvP and WvW are not casual friendly is mainly what I meant by that. You are going to have to min-max and stick to fairly established builds if you want to be halfway competitive.

Seems worth it for $10. I paid $25 or so and slightly regret it, only made it to level 25 or so before I got bored. Still, as far as non-subscription MMO models go, it's probably one of the best.

How "party" intensive is this game?
Can I play solo for most of PvE and get most items? Or is joining a party (or ... GUILD!) necessary for most end game things like bosses?

game is snooze fest, avoid at all cost...

if you're looking for a decent MMO I would suggest waiting till TESO goes B2P in March

Seems like a good deal. I may get it just as something casual to play. Hell if I play it for 20-40 hours and it's good fun it's well worth the price.

How "party" intensive is this game?
Can I play solo for most of PvE and get most items? Or is joining a party (or ... GUILD!) necessary for most end game things like bosses?

I don't think you can solo most of the higher-level instances, but I'm not 100% sure.

I don't think you can solo most of the higher-level instances, but I'm not 100% sure.

You can easily solo all the way to max level and solo every map zone to completion and all the story missions. If you want to treat it like a single player RPG you totally can.

You cannot solo dungeons. You cannot solo world bosses.

If you don't have it, now there's no reason not to.

I don't know if I should buy one as a spare...

If you don't have it, now there's no reason not to.

I don't know if I should buy one as a spare...

lol im debtting the same thing. WHat will I ever use it for though.

Slight warning for everyone. I would research what server you want to join. ONce you pick a server, it cost over $20 to switch servers. Just had to do this and was pretty pissed about the price.

FYI, after lvl 80, I found WvW to be the most fun. I had originally joined Anvil Rock and love the guild I'm a part of there. But AR is terrible in WvW, so I switched to Blackgate and now I just guest to Anvil Rock for guild stuff.

Back