Guess Where You Are On This Map

HardOCP News

[H] News
For those of you that haven't had a chance to use GeoGuesser, you really should give it a try. Look at the given map location, take a look around and then guess where you are.

I was doing really great, I looked for signs to indicate where I am. Then I ended up on a road in the middle of nowhere, I thought it was in Kansas, turns out it was in Australia.

I was doing really great, I looked for signs to indicate where I am. Then I ended up on a road in the middle of nowhere, I thought it was in Kansas, turns out it was in Australia.

I did the same thing. I saw a set of spherical manicured shrubs, building with tile roof, and a colonial building that looked like a church.

I'm thinking, South America, right?

NO, SOUTH KOREA!

It's almost like colonial architecture is universal, or something :D

Just when you think you're in the Mediterranean, you're actually in Baja.

4.8K on the first play. I missed the correct continent 3 times. lol

Hmm, I feel like it's cheating, but it's pretty easy to just "drive" around a bit until you find some street signs, lol. I usually recognise the country, then just find a street sign which tells you the city and without much effort you can get within 50km.

Hmm, I feel like it's cheating, but it's pretty easy to just "drive" around a bit until you find some street signs, lol. I usually recognise the country, then just find a street sign which tells you the city and without much effort you can get within 50km.

Leave it to a comet goldfish owner to cheat on something that doesn't matter.

Leave it to fantail lovers to think nothing matters except their fantails.

We all know the world revolves around fantails. It's not like I'm bragging. That's just how things are and if you can't get over it, that isn't my fault.

Ditto.

I got 15859 which I think is 1 less than perfect. I had to go a bit out of the way to find where I was in Norway and didn't think to place the marker on the nearest road so I got knocked 1 point.

Had I not scouted around looking for signs I would've got a big, fat 0.

Ok, probably not a 0, not sure it's even possible to receive 0 points.

Extremely tough if you don't "cheat," extremely easy if you do.

Has anyone "missed" with 0 km? Is the max still 3172?

LOL, as I was typing this post I started a new game, randomly chose a point on the zoomed out map, and made it my guess. I was off by 349.07 km and got 2578 points :D

So the first thing I saw was a B&B i stayed at in northern Cali last year. I guessed within 2.1 km of the spot, and it only gave 2250 pts, what the hell?

You missed with 0.107 km which gave 3172 points.

LOL... This shit is dumb... Scoring makes no sense. I got more points for missing by 800 miles.

I think thats the point, to test your resourcefulness. I feel like some escaped kidnap victim trying to figure out where you are in a lost world, kinda neat and good for stimulating your brain in case you ever fall out the trunk of a mexican cartel transport vehicle.

You missed with 0.107 km which gave 3172 points.

LOL... This shit is dumb... Scoring makes no sense. I got more points for missing by 800 miles.

I think it's based on difficulty level. I.E. if you cant figure out you're standing in front of the statue of liberty then being even 1 ft off costs you tons of points. However figuring out you're on some remote island in the middle of the pacific ocean cuts you some slack if you were at least in the right hemisphere.

15,694 on first run. Only took a couple hours to end up in bumfuck nowhere with Google toting around the latest .2 megapixel phone with the optional shit covered lens to figure out where the hell i was at.

Fuckers wasted my time.

15,694 on first run. Only took a couple hours to end up in bumfuck nowhere with Google toting around the latest .2 megapixel phone with the optional shit covered lens to figure out where the hell i was at.

Fuckers wasted my time.

You missed with 0.097 km which gave 3172 points.

Got an easy one, first try landed there. Still 3172. Maybe if you zoom in it takes away.

You missed with 241.163 km which gave 2712 points.

That was first drop, no zoom, no looking around on the map. Dont understand how to get high points.

You missed with 241.163 km which gave 2712 points.

That was first drop, no zoom, no looking around on the map. Dont understand how to get high points.

Insomnia and ritalin. Just wish the ritalin would kick in so I can get some sleep.

I kept guessing Antarctica, but I only got 5 points in total. Oh well.

I've never been to Antarctica.

I think looking for signs and clues are part of the game. It was actually pretty fun :)

I first looked for a speed limit sign to see if it was in MPH or KPH.

Then just start investigating buildings.

Pretty Cool !

11,923 on my first try. Got one within 0.011 km since the streetview show obviously a fish shop.

2 of the views was in the woods with zero sign so I had to guess based on the trees types.

Back