Guess what fascinate owners!!

Wow, Verizon really dropped the ball on that one. They took their sweet ol' time rolling that update out to you guys.

Wow, Verizon really dropped the ball on that one. They took their sweet ol' time rolling that update out to you guys.

Question is was it Verizon or was it Samsung or was it both? Hard to say since the Fascinate isn't the only Samsung device that hasn't seen timely updates and it doesn't only occur with Verizon phones.

Glad it has finally arrived though. Hopefully Samsung has learned from all the bad press they have been getting and will endeavor to NOT let updates slide this late again.

Glad it has finally arrived though. Hopefully Samsung has learned from all the bad press they have been getting and will endeavor to NOT let updates slide this late again.

They've lost my future business with their sloppiness.

They've lost my future business with their sloppiness.

Haven't lost mine if the rumors of them keeping their bootloaders unlocked is true. I could care less if they don't update a phone. I'll be updating it on my own. :p

Question is was it Verizon or was it Samsung or was it both? Hard to say since the Fascinate isn't the only Samsung device that hasn't seen timely updates and it doesn't only occur with Verizon phones.

I'm starting to think it has more to do with the carriers and less to do with Samsung at this point.

I'm starting to think it has more to do with the carriers and less to do with Samsung at this point.

No way to know really. I believe it's probably a little bit of both which would explain why we haven't seen any HTC or Motorola device get an update to Android 2.3.3 yet.

Samsung released a Froyo update for the Captivate back in February, but of course AT&T hasn't released it yet.
I would think Samsung would have Froyo builds out for all the GalaxyS-variants.

I updated my Captivate via Mini Kies.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1598489

Samnsung has really hurt their brand with me, and I am--just like many of us are here on Hardforum--the first person that my real-life friends ask first before they buy any technology.

Last summer, I recommended a Fascinate to a friend and she got it. I assumed the Froyo update was just a couple weeks away, not almost nine months.

Now it is going to be a long time before I'll recommend Samsung phones to my friends.

Samnsung has really hurt their brand with me, and I am--just like many of us are here on Hardforum--the first person that my real-life friends ask first before they buy any technology.

Last summer, I recommended a Fascinate to a friend and she got it. I assumed the Froyo update was just a couple weeks away, not almost nine months.

Now it is going to be a long time before I'll recommend Samsung phones to my friends.

I'm with you on that, I actually tried to steer my coworker AWAY from the Fascinate when he was switching from the iPhone to Android last month, but in the end he got it. Glad they pushed the update, I got it this morning and so far it seems that pretty much everything on the phone is running more smoothly.

Been rocking Froyo on my Fascinate for a couple months now. I fully expect to be on Gingerbread within the next week or 2.

You can add me to the list of those who have been waiting for this. I fully expected this update within 2 months of getting my fascinate. Boy was I wrong! :(

I did the update. As far as I can tell it went without a hitch. All my IMs/contacts/pics/bluetooth etc. appear to be still intact. It of course reverted the phone back to a default setup and it enabled a few new things like "Daily Briefing", "Buddies Now" and "Feeds and Updates". So far so good.

Back