Guess the price of 24GB RTX 3090 FE

Guess the Price of 24GB RTX 3090

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've had 12gb since 2015. I'll be moving up to 24 whether I need it or not "right now" if I can.

I said over 2k because this card is supposed to be the titan equivalent from turing correct?

Yup, it’s not like Nvidia are having a big problem selling cards, so until supply exceeds demand the price will keep going up. I want a Ferrari, can’t afford it so I’m getting a corvette. One day I might be able to get the ferrari. (Singer Porsche actually)

Everything is just a value test, i could trivially afford a 2000 series card, just wasn’t worth it to me. Upgrade my monitor, now I need a better gpu as my 1080ti is crying like a little bitch.

More on topic,on the assumption it’s a Ti equivalent (with more sensible differentiation on name) rather than Titan I’d guess, $1300 maybe $1400 because of the dollar drop.

I assume you are joking because you remember when people said exactly the same about RTX 2000 launch. That 7nm cards would come out in 6 months. Here we are two years later...

If NVidia uses Samsung as a Fab, it will be because they did trial runs at both TSMC and Samsung, and Samsung provided some advantage.

Jen-Hsun Huang is damn good CEO, so he wouldn't be pushed to Samsung as a fab partner against his will. He would be there for the advantages it offers.

NVIDIA was forced to use Samsung as a fab, despite getting better density and power efficiency and out of TSMC's 7nm process. They underestimated how much of TSMC's capacity was already bought out by AMD and tried to bid them against Samsung in an attempt to get a better rate. This backfired, so rumor sources are pointing to all consumer cards for the initial Ampere lineup launching on Samsung 8nm. There are also rumors out there that the 8nm Samsung samples definitely performed worse than those that came off TSMC's 7nm, at least in terms of power consumption and thermals.

I would expect a 2021 refresh on a better node, personally.

I recommend Moore's Law is Dead if you are interested in this stuff. Broken Silicon is a great podcast, and his YouTube channel is pretty good, too. He has presented great leaked info time and time again.

https://www.mooreslawisdead.com/

The 3090 halo product will be interesting. I'm always surprised at how much money a minority of buyers pay. I'm mostly interested in what we'll get for $300. If I can get 2080 performance for that price... it's a buy from me. I cannot imagine spending $500 (about the cost of the rest of my PC, excluding the monitor), much less $1000 on just a GPU. Then again, as long as people keep paying $1000, 1200, 1500... Nvidia no reason to stop upping the prices. AMD used to be the check that kept prices within reason, but since sales aren't helping them anyway I'm afraid they'll jump on the Nvidia train and up prices...

The 3090 halo product will be interesting. I'm always surprised at how much money a minority of buyers pay. I'm mostly interested in what we'll get for $300. If I can get 2080 performance for that price... it's a buy from me. I cannot imagine spending $500 (about the cost of the rest of my PC, excluding the monitor), much less $1000 on just a GPU. Then again, as long as people keep paying $1000, 1200, 1500... Nvidia no reason to stop upping the prices. AMD used to be the check that kept prices within reason, but since sales aren't helping them anyway I'm afraid they'll jump on the Nvidia train and up prices...
You will not get 2080 performance for $300. Maybe $500.

Reactions: AP2
like this
Roughly 25% thinks Nvidia is going to do them a favor and keep it $1400 or less. This going to be the longest feeling 2 weeks waiting.

You will not get 2080 performance for $300. Maybe $500.

With a die shrink to 7 or 8nm, plus a new architecture, I'd certainly expect more than 2080 performance from a 2070 price card (the $500 you suggested). 2080 performance for 2060 money ($300-350) is hardly a stretch. If they can't deliver that with this big a technological jump and 2 years in the making... the future is quite bleak for the GPU market.

That took me a bit by surprise. I expected a bell curve centered around $1500, with only a few outliers using the Above or Below extremes.
24GB is going to be a research prosumer card. You ain't getting that in your range. If it's 12GB or 10GB, different story.

Well my guess over 2000 dollar for sure depending how insane fast it is going to be.
Nevertheless i am no fan of nvidia anymore since we simply can buy lesser stuff with our money since our country went into this awefull EU the prices of living went so high that i can not even buy a low end card like the gtx 1070 was new.
I had an income over the 2600 euro a month and that was almost not enough to pay the all the bills, granted we had loans and a mortgage but still 15 years ago we had a luxury life.
Now my wife paste away i am left with only 1500 a month so when i count all my costs and taxes there is 350 euro left for living ... that means buying clothes, eating, trying sometimes eat a icecream or once in a while look a movie which these days costs already 15 to 18 euro. So prices go berserk but our income hardly changes.
So for me the old days of buying the best there was on the planet is over. Now my eyes turn to AMD with its new cards, and i actually decided to try a 5700 XT and it runs much better than the gtx1070 but it comes with alot of problems many programs have problems with this RDNA1 memory like benchmarks and toys to look at your hardware.
Till today i am not able to run 3dmark timespy benchmark without the stuff showing 0 as a result when i try to run my 8700K at all core 4.7 Ghz.
Yes when i turn in the bios the all core enhancement off it runs but you guessed it probably already the cpu gets a score you gonna cry about, it ends in the lowest performing cpu in the list because indeed without this setting the boost almost never gets above 4.2 Ghz
While when i turn on the enhancement it score in the highest regions of this cpu without really overclock it.
However going above 4.7 it does run up to 5.1 Ghz but then it silly enough feels en performs slower while the stupid synthetic benchmarks keep reporting its super fast.
So i stopped trying and turned back at what really gives me a real fast pc which leaves the 9700k far behind in performance when i user multi core programs it really does shine when your rarring a huge 4.3 TB bunch of files into a rar file and lots of other toys i use.
So back on the topic i really am stepping away from the hugely overpriced nvidia crap and am not going to look back.
That is if i am not going to return this AMD card because even though it should be now much faster it actually is only a little faster but the lack of the speed of the cpu makes for me a huige difference. I do have some time left to return the card and put back the gtx 1070 and stay with that till the RDNA2 cards arrive.
So depending if they are pretty good priced i might spend money which i get back from this card into the new AMD or if its overpriced as i expect it to be if the card is so fast as the leaks show it hugely faster than a rtx 2080 ti if the leaks are right.
So for me that often means that the companies tend to ask a premium price for them as well, like AMD has done in the paste, but i kinda hope that Lisa Su does understand that working people are not really get richer but rather the opposite.
Time will tell because if all is true we see in september some news what is going to come to the GPU market and will see probably releases of the long awaited game boxes.
Lets see if nvidia learned a lesson or still has no clue why i still have been running that now worthless 1070

I predict you will get 2080 performance for today's 2080 price. There's no competition so Nvidia has no reason to increase the value.
i agree but i even think its gets worse nvidia probably do not even give you the matching performance for that money, unless AMD shows some real muscle material for a much lower price.
But really history has showed that when AMD has a really faster product they really ask also super prices like with my old 7990 hardly nobody bought them for that huge price.
They ended up selling only a low amount of them just because of that. But on the other hand lots of people had with any of the duo gpu cards huge problems to keep them cool.
And also constant had issues with programs not running very well with these powerhouses and ofcourse the huge penalty for running multicore gpu which already almost a thing of the paste. Simply because developers do not want to spend so much money on research better performance for multi gpu system they rather get huge profits from selling the same old crap created in the easy game build programs these days.
Improving their bad products and crappy programming skills is too costly and is set aside when you can make easy money.
Look at for instance pc building sim its a funny game but every so called dlc is just a tiny addon but improving the bad code and the crap software is not going to happen just add a new stupid so called shop is almost everything they do. And i see that in almost every new game DLC making is a go and makes huge profits.......

Last edited:
Nvidia is all about the Price gouging and the Greed. I'm gonna say $2000 for the 24GB 3090. And don't be surprised if a Titan comes out later for $3000 that will make people who bought the 3090 feel STUPID. :p That's just how Nvidia rolls.

I'm gonna guess $1599, but I would bet if my number is off, it'll be higher rather than lower.

I'm going to say $1900 for the 3090 which according to some news sites, is not supposed to replace the 2080ti in teh stack but rather slot somewhere between the 3080ti and the 3xxx gen Titan (or replace the Titan altogether for gaming).

The Titan RTX was $2499 (IIRC), so it's likely to be somewhere in between the two price-wise as well. So low 1000 for the 3080ti and high 1000 for the 3090.

Of course depending on where Big Navi fits / compares to the new card stacks ... the price could go higher (Navi turns out to be total garbage) or lower (Navi is Whoa! good).

Why wouldn't it be over 2k? Obviously there are the 1 percent that will pay for it. Rest of us just let them beta test it, then we all buy it 1 year down the line or if the price goes up like the 2080ti, we go AMD Q4.

I'm guessing the 24GB version will be replacing the turing titan card so it will be north of $2000.

I read that the other day, which would be cool, but .......I don't want to get in trouble so I am not saying anything more.

Yeah im just regurgitating what every one else is regurgitating for fun since there is N O W A Y A N Y O N E knows crap lol

This is my standpoint as well. I couldn’t care less how much the halo card costs — I’m not buying it. I have far better things to spend $2000 of my hard earned money on that a video game toy.

What I do care about is the prices for the rest of the line up which I suspect will also be bumped.

I'm sure no one wants to pay that much for a video card, but that's the same thing people said about top of the line iPhones and Samsungs ... and those still managed to get sold. I don't think these top of the line e-peen cards are going to be any different. Regardless of any supply limitations, they will get sold out and that's likely true for both halo Ampere and Navi cards.

What I do care about is the prices for the rest of the line up which I suspect will also be bumped.

I fear the same. I was able to hold off with my 1060 on the Turing release, I don't have that luxury anymore, I've started to feel the weight of new games on my gaming sessions.

I'm sure no one wants to pay that much for a video card, but that's the same thing people said about top of the line iPhones and Samsungs ... and those still managed to get sold.

Completely true. It's training consumers to get used to X or Y pricing. In part, it's completely foreseeable: I *somewhat* blame AMD's inability to properly compete, which has allowed Nvidia to use cut-down dies for what used to be full-dies. They don't need to push the envelope too far, since they're still winning against other players. This is why, as distrustful as I am about Intel, I cannot wait for them to release their GPUs. The 1st gen will probably be meaningless, but let's see their 2nd. I hope they can iterate well enough to bring a fight to Nvidia, only then will get back to competitive pricing. I do fear what will happen with AMD then, becoming the mid-range GPU company won't take the Radeon division very far into the future...

Last edited:
It'll start at $1000 for sure.

Nvidia is gonna suffer BAD if they don't get into as many consumers' PCs as possible this year.
If they keep being a "luxury" item that most of us can't afford, then we'll start looking past them and forget that they even have fast cards.

Most people won't want to spend more than $500 on a GPU in the first place. Those that do certainly don't want to pretend like a GPU is actually worth more than their entire computer.
Nvidia has done a great job profiting from the cryptocurrency market. Now it's time for them to either learn to be humble or they'll start to crumble.

nVidia should be well out of business with the number of time this prediction is made on the heels of a new GPU release.

nVidia should be well out of business with the number of time this prediction is made on the heels of a new GPU release.

I will never get the argument they are making. An expensive top end card would really only hurt NVidia, if that was the only card they sold. But they have a full line of more affordable cards below that. Heck you can practically pick any price between $150 and $1000 and NVidia has a Turing card a that price. But they are somehow in trouble, if they offer an extreme card beyond $1000. Logic?

I will never get the argument they are making. An expensive top end card would really only hurt NVidia, if that was the only card they sold. But they have a full line of more affordable cards below that. Heck you can practically pick any price between $150 and $1000 and NVidia has a Turing card a that price. But they are somehow in trouble, if they offer an extreme card beyond $1000. Logic?

I'd imagine the logic works something like this....

"I want the flagship card for $500 and refuse to buy anything less or pay anything more. Therefor, everyone must want the flagship card for $500, refuse to buy anything less or pay anything more."

I'd imagine the logic works something like this....

"I want the flagship card for $500 and refuse to buy anything less or pay anything more. Therefor, everyone must want the flagship card for $500, refuse to buy anything less or pay anything more."

Probably, but if they really lived by that, then they could never buy another video card from anyone again... :D

Back