Guess my Video Settings

drutman

Gawd
What I would like to do is try to inject some stress relief into the pandemic crisis. I propose that we post video of game play and try to deduce the video settings by looking at the video only, no fps monitoring overlays or software allowed. At the end of your clip please open and record options to show actual settings or post screen shot. I also ask to list your HW in your profile so we know what it is run on. I will link mine to a YouTube link. Please try to record at your native resolution.

I believe part of the problem is marketing bias which leads you to believe that your HW is obsolete or that the video differences are really that noticeable.

I see too many arguments on this forum between what I call "Measurebators" who argue and purchase only based on specifications/performance.

Here is a test post of the game Control.
Sorry no settings capture will do later recorded at 1080P will change to 1440P my resolution for later captures.

Last edited:

Crysis 3 Singleplayer

Settings at end of video.

Last edited:
RTX noticed on window reflections, neat effect however no gameplay improvement.
Guessing 60 FPS high settings?
4K, DLSS in "performance" mode due to the limitations of a RTX2070 non-Super. 45-60fps depending on the environment.
High/medium settings. Game enjoyment increase courtesy of ray tracing.

4K, DLSS in "performance" mode due to the limitations of a RTX2070 non-Super. 45-60fps depending on the environment.
High/medium settings. Game enjoyment increase courtesy of ray tracing.
G sync monitor?

This tech is a game changer for me, free sync is fluid and lag free in my experience

Back